Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2021, 06:38 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
There is no winning "based on the merits of their ideas" regardless of your anecdotal views of them. The GOP is maintaining their my way or the highway mentality and if its not theirs they won't support it, period...

As for the rest of you unsubstantiated accusations its no different than than what the GOP rammed through over the last several years including SCOTUS appointments, selective investigations of Democrats by the Justice Department and this month the GOP continues its goal of preventing anyone who thinks differently from being able to vote in Georgia.

So spare me the "That's how it's supposed to work, and that's the model that conservatives & true liberals are still trying to work with"..
"The GOP is maintaining their my way or the highway mentality and if its not theirs they won't support it, period..."

The SAME can be applied to the dem party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2021, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry-Koala View Post
This is what the right has been doing, and much of it is not legally. Does Mitch and the Supreme Court nomination process ring any bells?
"and much of it is not legally." Details, please.

Old 04-03-2021, 06:43 AM

9,436 posts, read 5,197,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Of course this is a power grab, but it's only possible because of the underlying conditions
  • College Neo-Marxists have been trying for decades to dismantle the US and the entire West for that matter with no success
  • What changed is this generation that has come of age which were raised in SAFETY CULTURE and did not develop sufficient character and agency
  • They are now easy prey for college professors and an extremist, totalitarian curriculum of CRITICAL THEORY
  • These graduates, which are activists by training, are now in positions of influence in all major institutions
  • Simultaneously, social media is weaponized through digital mobs to enforce the doctrine at these institutions
  • The establishment Left is all too happy to merge with big tech, with corporate media, to enable the woke cultists to pound the opposition into the ground
You nailed it....

Old 04-03-2021, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speegleagle View Post
Absolutely. Sit down and talk to young people today. Many have become brainwashed and indoctrinated to a certain degree. The seeds have been sown for decades in the Elite Institutes of higher education, and the rest of them have picked it up following a similar path. They have been told what to think, not how to think.
"The seeds have been sown for decades in the Elite Institutes of higher education," AND in dem controlled public school systems.

I remember when algore's movie on "global warming" was shown in them and parents were NOT asked.

I witnessed it through my grandchildren.

Old 04-03-2021, 06:46 AM

9,436 posts, read 5,197,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speegleagle View Post
Absolutely. Sit down and talk to young people today. Many have become brainwashed and indoctrinated to a certain degree. The seeds have been sown for decades in the Elite Institutes of higher education, and the rest of them have picked it up following a similar path. They have been told what to think, not how to think.
This is true. I am not a Breitbart acolyte or anything, but I read his book years ago and the chapter on liberal infiltration into our education system alone was worth the price of the book.

Old 04-03-2021, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
What idea has ever come from the Right????? Please enlighten me.

On healthcare? Nothing.

Social security? Nothing.

Education? Nothing.

Inequality? Nothing.

Immigration? Nothing.

They finally came up with the wall idea, controlled all three branches of government and still didn't do much for four years and left the office.

So tell me, how are we supposed to determine the best ideas when the only ideas have been coming from the Left???

I guess this post is the best we can expect from the right-wing: "Oh the Left is coming up with everything??!!! Why are their ideas being adopted when I have presented nothing?!!!"
"On healthcare? Nothing". Show me in the Constitution where health care is a FED responsibility.

"Social security? Nothing." what do ypu want them to do? The DEMS had the White House the House and the Senate. What did they do?

"Education? Nothing. Show me in the Constitution where education care is a FED responsibility.

"Inequality? Nothing." explain what you want, in DETAIL.

"Immigration? Nothing." and the rest of your whining, No, they did PLENTY. Just NOT what you wanted.

Old 04-03-2021, 06:57 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Something just crossed my mind. It's actually possible that we're not all on the same page about the power struggle we're witnessing. I'm not talking about the multiple reality / fake news thing, but something even more fundamental.

We're not in a struggle of competing ideas. In that fight, the merits of the ideas and the ability of their proponents to sell those ideas to the opposition determines which ideas are given a chance to succeed. That's how it's supposed to work, and that's the model that conservatives & true liberals are still trying to work with.

What we're actually seeing (please don't give anecdotal responses; I don't care; I'm speaking very, very broadly here) is the Left, which holds virtually all institutional power in this country right now, gaming every system they need to in order to gain control over it.

They're not trying to win based on the merits of their ideas, because their ideas are trash and they know it. They're changing election rules, selectively prosecuting crimes/criminals, installing judicial legislators - whatever they need to do, "by any means necessary," to acquire more political and social power. They may be playing legally (maybe), but they're not playing fair, and they're not working under any moral or ethical standard, whatsoever.

Thought that might be worth getting out there. I get the impression that a lot of people still believe that the Left is selling their snake oil based on it's efficacy.
Spot on. QFT.

Old 04-03-2021, 06:58 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
You nailed it....
Yes he did. Go Blake!

Old 04-03-2021, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_thunder View Post
We saw a far right-wing mob riot and storm Congress trying to overturn a presidential election at the direction of an outgoing president who refused to acknowledge defeat in a democratic election, something that has NEVER happened in American history.

But it's the left that is authoritarian and gaslighting the right. Got it.

Back to OP, a tidbit you might find interesting is that psychologists find that people are less likely to change their mind after debating with someone. When debating, people don't meet in the middle, they dig their trenches deeper. You see it on this forum, when liberals only respond to the right-wing wackos, and conservatives only respond to the left-wing wackos. There's no appetite for honest, good faith debate. I include myself in that characterization. How do we stop this problem? I don't know. The answer is probably "get the hell off internet forums and just talk with people about sports or something".
"We saw a far right-wing mob riot and storm Congress trying to overturn a presidential election"

OVER exaggeration and wild accusations is why we CANNOT have adult honest discussions with many dems!

Old 04-03-2021, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
This is materially false, and we are seeing it every day that authoritarianism is a hallmark of the left. They are censoring and getting fired all voices they don't like. Ideology is being crammed down the public square and any opposing views are vilified. The country was completely unified in World War II to fight and beat the Nazis, and America was MUCH more conservative than it is today. This neanderthal linear axis of left to right is just completely inadequate to describe proximity to tyranny, totalitarianism, or authoritarianism.

Conservatism has no direct relevance to authoritarianism

You are either living in fantasy land or you are willfully lying to attack your political opponents
Or just ignorant!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies