Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2021, 09:24 AM

2,102 posts, read 1,002,922 times

Advertisements

The NBA is currently composed of 75% Black players.

Can you imagine if Whites demanded equality based on Race in sports?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2021, 09:58 AM

4,901 posts, read 3,357,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
Some of it does have to do with politics, and some of it has to do with the old dying off and young not as interested as you point out.

Over at the NHL, their ratings for this year within a targeted group of ages 18 to 39, are up 30 percent. The NHL is the only of the 4 major sports that has a "growing fan base".

At any rate, sports betting will keep enough interest where the leagues will still continue to earn record profits. Sports will live on!
NHL pretty much dropped all the social justice messaging this season, so not a surprise.

Old 04-02-2021, 10:01 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
this will never discourage espn from doubling down on woke idiocy.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.new...579886%3famp=1
Count me in, I stopped watching all sports. Hell, even hockey teams are getting all woke-stupid.

Old 04-02-2021, 10:03 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanmaster View Post
NHL pretty much dropped all the social justice messaging this season, so not a surprise.

Carolina Hurricanes

Old 04-02-2021, 10:12 AM

17,306 posts, read 12,228,591 times
Oh no. Don't cancel sports. That would surely show the liberals who have been calling it a hive of toxic masculinity and an unnecessary injury risk.

Old 04-02-2021, 10:19 AM

8,755 posts, read 5,042,001 times
Done with sports! Hope thay all wind up working at Micky D`s.

Old 04-02-2021, 10:20 AM

1,301 posts, read 665,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumann Koch View Post
The NBA is currently composed of 75% Black players.

Can you imagine if Whites demanded equality based on Race in sports?

Dwarves are way under-represented in the NBA, in fact there are zero dwarves playing for the NBA.
This is obviously an example of bigotry. I won't watch the NBA until I see some dwarves on the court!

Old 04-02-2021, 11:04 AM

1,073 posts, read 621,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
I ditched the NFL and NBA totally. Have not watched a single game in 2 years.

If MLB starts any political crap, they'll be next. I ditched Spring training as a warning signal to them!

If they pull the MLB All-star game from Atlanta...good bye MLB forever.

NCAA Football will be the last to go. If the UGA Bulldogs go Blue...I'm outta here.

I wish they'd all hurry up and decide, so I'll know whether or not to have a TV on my new boat.
Big time college football is actually the worst for other reasons. The sheer fact that it is an arms race and only a few schools can win a NC each year has really ruined the sport. The game is a far cry from amateur athletics at the collegiate level. I actually prefer pro sports nowadays.

Also, several schools had pro-racial injustice slogans on their jerseys (in college bball).

Old 04-02-2021, 11:07 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,551 posts, read 81,085,957 times
I have never been at all interested in Basketball or Hockey, but I do like to watch football and baseball. Last night's season opener (Mariners and Giants) turned out to be a great game, ending with a "walk-off walk" in the 10th. The only bit of political interjection was brief, during the pregame show. We watch football all weekend normally, and I'm hoping that the NFL broadcasters tone it down next season, or we will stick to just watching the Seahawks. Names on shoes and helmets don't bother me any more than having Nike on them, it's easy to ignore.

Old 04-02-2021, 11:18 AM

929 posts, read 303,895 times
Like so many others , sports viewing used to be a priority of mine.
No longer. I will not, and have not watched
NBA, NFL, NHL, MLB and others.

I still watch American and International Soccer, as there aren’t any commercial breaks for 45 minutes , which avoids having to see Propaganda and PC advertising. I skip the Ceremonial kneeling ,as I usually watch on a delay.

I was watching Women’s National Team Soccer, but quickly changed the channnel when our tax dollars paid for T Shirts worn by the coaches that said on the back” Black Lives Still matter” became visible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies