Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2021, 08:21 AM

9,881 posts, read 4,650,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Yes only legal ballots should be counted but not at the expense of eliminating voters, do you know of any illegal ballots cast in the Georgia election that required these changes. There were 2 recounts and there was bipartisan certification so what's the problem that needed addressing.
Recounts aren't audits of the process, signatures or diagnostic of voting machines.

Old 04-05-2021, 08:22 AM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post

I just find almost everything about his base to be hypicritical and funny. Whining about cancel culture while claiming to cancel anyone that hurts their fragile feelings. Ha!

and you don't find anything about the left hypocritical or funny? the grandfather of mass incarceration of black people and breaking black families apart calling Georgia Jim Crow on steroids. The same sellout that sold us to China and got rich from China calling this Jim Crow on steroids and everybody on the left buys it? I'm sure many blue states had the same thing about "F" Trump. This has been going on for 4 years but I guess you don't find them funny or hypocritical. You are part of them.

So you don't have a problem with the snowflakes complaining in the first place and protesting, demanding, boycotts and people get to fired but if the right complains about the Woke and PC culture then they are the babies? LMAO! Nice spin.

Old 04-05-2021, 08:24 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,307,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
The party representing a minority of Americans have managed to game the electoral system for years to maintain power. This appears to be getting more difficult. Next step to maintain power -- Civil War.

For months, this forum was littered with Civil War threads and threats. Seems some believe that a Civil War is already underway.
Just so I'm clear, are you saying that you support a second civil war, if that's what it takes to keep Minority Republicans in office in Georgia? It's clear that's what the Governor wants, do you support his "at any cost" methods?

Old 04-05-2021, 08:27 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,167,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkaplan2323 View Post
I responded to the comment prior to mine regarding legal ballots. I do not take Kemp's word by itself.

His statement about the election was confirmed by many officials, including nationally. Oddly, many people still claim counter this fact, that the election was wrong and that Trump won.

Don't you find that odd?
No, I don’t find it odd. Whether it happened or not, I understand where the concern is coming from. And, hopefully laws like just passed in Georgia will help alleviate some of those concerns in the future. My state automatically reviews every election to see if changes need to be made, matter of fact some changes were made after this year, and we haven’t had questionable results in my memory. There is nothing wrong with proactively addressing policies that impact the sanctity of elections. The populous - that includes you and the 40+% who have different political views than you - must be able to trust the validity of the results. That did not happen this election.

Old 04-05-2021, 08:30 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,307,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Don’t think so. And I tell you what, they better not take it to any place that has equal or stricter laws. So:
  • No place that requires voter ID
  • No place unless it has over 17 days of early voting.
  • No place unless it has Saturday voting.
  • No place unless it has drop boxes.
  • No place that has restrictions about approaching voters in line to vote.
  • No place that has electioneering restrictions beyond 125 feet.
You're making impossible comparisons.

The majority of Americans and majorities in both parties support Voter ID Laws. But the Dems just want them to be fair and equal. The Georgia laws are about the true voter fraud that has been going on for decades. Not imaginary fake votes that never happened, but the active suppression of specific segments of the population. THAT is the real fraud that is happening, and I applaud MLB, Coke and Delta for standing up to it. It may cost them in the short run, but I do believe history will be on their side when it's all said and done. You can't keep pushing people down and expect no repurcussions. Georgia will eventually come around, and I also believe the GOP will one day get back to their core values of smaller government, fiscal responsibility, and pro-business. It's odd to me that the Dems (with their HORRIBLE track record, both recently and over history) are now the ones that do a better job espousing these values than the party that actually claims them.

Old 04-05-2021, 08:30 AM

89,030 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkaplan2323 View Post
I responded to the comment prior to mine regarding legal ballots. I do not take Kemp's word by itself.

His statement about the election was confirmed by many officials, including nationally. Oddly, many people still claim counter this fact, that the election was wrong and that Trump won.

Don't you find that odd?
You're wrong. Validity cannot be verified for the 460,000+ GA absentee ballots on which the legally required chain of custody documents are missing (or don't even exist). Again, this was a problem at the county election officials level, which is just one of the many reasons the GA Legislature had to reassert their US Constitutional jurisdiction over GA's federal election process.

Old 04-05-2021, 08:36 AM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times
Quote:
It's odd to me that the Dems (with their HORRIBLE track record, both recently and over history) are now the ones that do a better job espousing these values than the party that actually claims them.

Do you believe your own B.S.? there is nothing repressive about the new law.

Old 04-05-2021, 08:38 AM

73,031 posts, read 62,634,962 times
When I think about some people claiming they would boycott MLB, I thought "fine, more tickets for me". For those that will boycott, here is a question: Why should I boycott MLB?

Old 04-05-2021, 08:41 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,167,528 times
Quote:

The majority of Americans and majorities in both parties support Voter ID Laws. But the Dems just want them to be fair and equal. The Georgia laws are about the true voter fraud that has been going on for decades. Not imaginary fake votes that never happened, but the active suppression of specific segments of the population. THAT is the real fraud that is happening, and I applaud MLB, Coke and Delta for standing up to it. It may cost them in the short run, but I do believe history will be on their side when it's all said and done. You can't keep pushing people down and expect no repurcussions. Georgia will eventually come around, and I also believe the GOP will one day get back to their core values of smaller government, fiscal responsibility, and pro-business. It's odd to me that the Dems (with their HORRIBLE track record, both recently and over history) are now the ones that do a better job espousing these values than the party that actually claims them.
I will ask you what I asked an earlier poster and received crickets in response. What in the Georgia law - the actual law, not the lies told about it - are suppressing voters?
  • Is it the 17 early voting days?
  • Is it mandating Saturday early voting days?
  • Is it the codifying of drop boxes to be placed in every county?
  • Is it establishing the mandatory MINIMUM opening hours during early voting of 9-5, with provisions to be open 7 am - 7 pm at county discretion?
  • Is it providing free IDs at county DMVs and election offices?
  • Is it creating a panel to investigate election officials who commit malfeasance TWO elections in a row, such as those god awful 3-8 hour lines?
So, what is suppressing the vote?

Old 04-05-2021, 08:41 AM

89,030 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doncicmavsfan View Post
It sounds more like anti-Trumpers getting angry when their own tactics get used against them.
I think it's priceless when the lefties' cancel/boycott culture comes back to bite them in the butt, like it's doing now with the local, heavily minority community losing $100+ million in economic benefits because the MLB pulled the ASG out of Atlanta. Comical, in a sad "didn't you stop even for a split second to think about the obvious consequences" sort of way. What a bunch of idiots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies