Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2021, 08:11 AM

27,131 posts, read 15,308,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
There are 600 mass shootings a year are you going to post 1 day after each one claiming the media is hiding something. Sounds like you are insinuating the media is purposely hiding the shooters identity. I guess the racial background is important to you.

The racial backround is most important to the media.
The use it as they see fit to push a certain viewpoint.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2021, 04:06 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,208,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Truthfully, it's because the public doesn't care who it was, or the motive.

And you can decide why that is, but that's the truth of why nothing has been published. The public, and therefore the media, doesn't care.

I know I don't. Besides an interest in this discussion, I truly don't care to read the identities and the motives of the shooters, although if there's a young child involved that would move the needle.
what you care about is "gun", "Shooting", "mass" and want to make it into a "People don't kill people, those horrible guns kill people" argument.

You might do well to read austinnerd's post. And if you have, and commented, read it again. I don't care nearly as much as you about restricting guns (and I don't even own any), but you apparently don't even know what you're talking about.

We all know you don't even know what you link on the subject actually says

Old 04-04-2021, 04:08 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,208,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I don't know the answer to those questions, other than to refer you back to my link of the research stating that MOST guns that enter the gang banger community originate from a legal seller.

And that loophole needs to close.
except it doesn't say that.

Old 04-04-2021, 04:29 PM

29,464 posts, read 14,639,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
for real.

SOME of the guns are illegally purchased, among the crime committers.

SOME are illegally HELD, meaning someone bought it legally and then HANDED IT OVER to someone that isn't allowed to possess it.

There's no record of an Indiana gunshop owner advertising on a telephone pole in Chicago for his business "come one, come all, no background check, no questions asked!"
Exactly. For criminals to get firearms, laws are broken, which is sort of what criminals do on a normal basis. How is this so hard for people to understand ?

Old 04-04-2021, 08:43 PM

16,029 posts, read 6,838,234 times
Response: Opinion

Zieyah,Shamir,Keyshawn,Zykeria,Zymiryon .........................I'm tired of guessing. ...............Sad...................
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies