Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2021, 07:17 PM

7,375 posts, read 3,536,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
From the article:

“Vaccinations will be required for all students living on campus.
“We will be doing our best to ensure that every member of our university community is vaccinated,” Sands added. “Now that the vaccine is available to everyone over the age of 16 in Ohio, we’re encouraging our students, faculty and staff to take advantage of the fantastic mass vaccination center at our Wolstein arena or another site that’s conveient.”
COVID-19 safety measures will remain in place for the fall. CSU will continue to require masking, physical distancing and other precautions. “

Vaccinations are required, and will be easy to obtain, but masks and social distancing will STILL be required.

For a virus with a 99% survival rate.

Shhhh! What if someone has an immunocompromised great grandmother or great uncle or a professor has a distant relative? We have to save every life. Universities have the obligation to keep the student body safe, as well as every person a student may come in contact with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2021, 07:22 PM

10,479 posts, read 4,046,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
https://www.wkyc.com/mobile/article/...c-fc1b38e9b9ac

So I guess we don’t want to go back to normal eh? Nor do we want to encourage people to get the vaccines
I noticed around my work place and in general, it's all the immigrants now and a few hard core leftists that still wear masks even though they got the shot.

Old 06-12-2021, 07:27 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,521,399 times
Absolutely idiotic. We hit herd immunity 2 months ago, new cases are lower than they've been since last March. The virus is DONE, it's dying out. There is no need for further vaccinations, and it's particularly stupid to mandate them for younger people who are the least impacted by the bug-but the most impacted by vaccine side effects. Worse, young people will be living with the impacts of this vaccine, one forced upon the public with NO long term studies. The schools mandating this should be held responsible for ANYONE that has a negative response to the unnecessary vaccine they are mandating.

Old 06-12-2021, 07:31 PM

7,640 posts, read 8,713,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
Misinformation, the COVID-19 vaccines are true vaccines:

"In an ideal world, all vaccines would induce sterilising immunity. In reality, it is actually extremely difficult to produce vaccines that stop virus infection altogether. Most vaccines that are in routine use today do not achieve this"

Also the effectiveness of the vaccines has been proven by numerous clinical trails all over the world.
Fauci himself said these vaccines are to prevent clinically recognizable diseases, not to prevent infection.

If it's so effective, why are the vaccinated people so scared of unvaccinated people?

Old 06-12-2021, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
I noticed around my work place and in general, it's all the immigrants now and a few hard core leftists that still wear masks even though they got the shot.
Yeah, the left want to paint the picture that only non democrat voters don't wear masks but when you are at a Wendy's or at a carnival, all the spandex wearing twerkers aren't too concerned with wearing a mask correctly either

Old 06-12-2021, 07:39 PM

17,642 posts, read 6,918,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roodd279 View Post
For a virus with a 99% survival rate.

Survival rate does not - and has not - played much of a role here. It's about resources. That's it. That's been the official policy since the first day, and that has not changed. I wish people would stop focusing on the death rate. It's a non-factor.

Meantime - the campus will maintain masks and distancing because it's the state policy right now. They can't circumvent it, even if you're vaccinated. That's it. No nefarious intentions.

Finally - there will be people on campus who are not students - right? We're at the "every little bit helps" stage, so it makes sense to keep your mask on until there are few or zero contagious people in your county (officially - obviously, a certainty is not possible - just a lower range). If I knew I could shed my mask if vaccinated - I would NEVER WEAR IT even if I did not have the vaccine...if I were a college student. So - "keep it on," remains the policy.
Reading your posts truly does make me laugh.

And then I thank God that nobody in my family or friends is like you.

Old 06-12-2021, 07:40 PM

17,642 posts, read 6,918,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Well, how long are you willing to wait? Six months? Six years? Forever?
The liberals want the pandemic to last forever.

Old 06-12-2021, 07:42 PM

34,066 posts, read 17,088,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
https://www.wkyc.com/mobile/article/...c-fc1b38e9b9ac

So I guess we don’t want to go back to normal eh? Nor do we want to encourage people to get the vaccines

They are not about to allow any freedom.

Old 06-13-2021, 01:02 PM

10,479 posts, read 4,046,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
Yeah, the left want to paint the picture that only non democrat voters don't wear masks but when you are at a Wendy's or at a carnival, all the spandex wearing twerkers aren't too concerned with wearing a mask correctly either
Well, some of the immigrants I work with are actually Republicans, but like I said, all of them are still wearing the masks even though they got their shots. They are all Hispanic or Vietnamese, so the only conclusion I have is that the media they are listening to is telling them to keep the masks on. Some of them even try to pull the "I wear it for you" or "you must not love your mom" BS. I just roll my eyes and continue to not wear a mask at work, since the boss doesn't care one way or the other.

Old 06-14-2021, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Well, some of the immigrants I work with are actually Republicans, but like I said, all of them are still wearing the masks even though they got their shots. They are all Hispanic or Vietnamese, so the only conclusion I have is that the media they are listening to is telling them to keep the masks on. Some of them even try to pull the "I wear it for you" or "you must not love your mom" BS. I just roll my eyes and continue to not wear a mask at work, since the boss doesn't care one way or the other.
By spandex wearing twerkers, I was not referring to immigrants, but rather the dregs of society that frequent malls, carnivals, state/county parks/lakes and other places where they can hang out for free and put their ferelness on full display
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies