Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2021, 06:56 PM

795 posts, read 408,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Another example of propagandists pushing a false narrative. Don't pay him/her any attention. This "died of an overdose" crap is just another lie, like "Antifa stormed the Capitol" and "Democrats stole the election." Just a weak attempt to gaslight and divert attention from what really happened.
The autopsy reports showed several drugs in his system. And he absolutely was a human piece of filth who deserved what he got. He is no loss to anyone.

Oh and the capitol wasn’t “stormed” it was a peaceful protest to stop an illegitimate president from being confirmed.

Old 04-09-2021, 07:03 PM

12,199 posts, read 7,227,282 times
Yes, put me in the camp that thinks the world is better off George Floyd is dead. With his life trajectory, who knows if he would have killed someone at some point in the future.

Old 04-09-2021, 07:34 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Well, it's ignorant to claim that Floyd died of a drug overdose.

That's literally, ignorant of the facts that have been put forth by the medical examiners who performed the autopsy.

You have to attach a whole bunch of qualifiers to that statement for it to be true.

Sure, if Floyd hadn't come into contact with the local police that day, he probably wouldn't have died.

But the fact is that he was passing bogus currency, so he did come into contact with the local police and there is no one to blame for that except Floyd.

If Chauvin hadn't kneeled on Floyd's neck for so long, he probably would have survived.

But if Floyd hadn't been such an uncooperative ass crack that day, he would have gone to jail and, at some point, been released.

Floyd is the poster child for black career criminal drug addicts with layered health issues brought about by decades of self-abuse.

The only way someone prone to living as Floyd did ever makes it to age fifty is with the help of long-term incarceration.

As for the two of them, Floyd and Chauvin, one's guilt doesn't make the other innocent.

Law enforcement tends to attract a certain kind of ******* - not that cops are necessarily *******s, but it certainly seems *******s find that a career in law enforcement compliments their innate ******* tendencies.

For those that see this as a strictly white-vs-black issue, you have to ignore the fact that there was an avalanche of *******ry released on that day by all the police present (not just Chauvin), Floyd and anyone that supported Floyd's self-destructive mode of living, i.e., the people that sold him drugs, provided him with counterfeit currency and shared his contempt for simple ****ing rules.

Old 04-09-2021, 07:42 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,635 posts, read 17,975,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
You have to attach a whole bunch of qualifiers to that statement for it to be true.

Sure, if Floyd hadn't come into contact with the local police that day, he probably wouldn't have died.

But the fact is that he was passing bogus currency, so he did come into contact with the local police and there is no one to blame for that except Floyd.

If Chauvin hadn't kneeled on Floyd's neck for so long, he probably would have survived.

But if Floyd hadn't been such an uncooperative ass crack that day, he would have gone to jail and, at some point, been released.

Floyd is the poster child for black career criminal drug addicts with layered health issues brought about by decades of self-abuse.

The only way someone prone to living as Floyd did ever makes it to age fifty is with the help of long-term incarceration.

As for the two of them, Floyd and Chauvin, one's guilt doesn't make the other innocent.

Law enforcement tends to attract a certain kind of ******* - not that cops are necessarily *******s, but it certainly seems *******s find that a career in law enforcement compliments their innate ******* tendencies.

For those that see this as a strictly white-vs-black issue, you have to ignore the fact that there was an avalanche of *******ry released on that day by all the police present (not just Chauvin), Floyd and anyone that supported Floyd's self-destructive mode of living, i.e., the people that sold him drugs, provided him with counterfeit currency and shared his contempt for simple ****ing rules.
That's what this trial's about. Besides the fact that the cop's actions killed Floyd, was Chauvin in any way acting reasonably to subdue Floyd?

Once you have those two - Chauvin killed Floyd, and did it in a way that was not the way a reasonable police officer would have behaved, you've got murder.

This isn't Floyd's trial. This is Chauvin's trial.

And I don't want that man ever to be on the streets as a cop, or in charge of helpless people ever ever again.

Old 04-09-2021, 08:04 PM

Quote:
That's what this trial's about. Besides the fact that the cop's actions killed Floyd, was Chauvin in any way acting reasonably to subdue Floyd?

Once you have those two - Chauvin killed Floyd, and did it in a way that was not the way a reasonable police officer would have behaved, you've got murder.

This isn't Floyd's trial. This is Chauvin's trial.

And I don't want that man ever to be on the streets as a cop, or in charge of helpless people ever ever again.

No skin off my ass either way.

If you want to oppose white cops because it fits the racist white cops target black people excuse for black criminal behavior and incarceration rates, I say fine.

I live in the suburbs where the police come when called and the criminal element understands that.

If you happen to live in a sketchy neighborhood, good luck getting help from the police after doing everything you can to cut their legs off.

Old 04-09-2021, 08:07 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

Quote:
No skin off my ass either way.

If you want to oppose white cops because it fits the racist white cops target black people excuse for black criminal behavior and incarceration rates, I say fine.

I live in the suburbs where the police come when called and the criminal element understands that.

If you happen to live in a sketchy neighborhood, good luck getting help from the police after doing everything you can to cut their legs off.
I don't oppose cops, in general. At all. I see them as "the good guys" typically.

Not sure why you think that's the case. In general, I very much appreciate police presence, and am grateful for their service.

Not this one guy, who knelt on the neck of a man until he was dead, although he had been stating he couldn't breathe even BEFORE Chauvin knelt on his neck.

That guy? Needs to be gone. He killed Floyd, with a creepy smirk on his face, looking at those who were begging for Floyd's life.

Old 04-09-2021, 08:45 PM

3,749 posts, read 1,444,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
It's very sad. The people there mostly feel awful, and had no idea what would be unleashed. The young guy's sense of guilt is especially sad.

Store That Called the Cops on George Floyd Is Facing a Painful Reckoning
In the months that followed, the intersection would become a fortress of grief and protest with sculptures, murals, and constant visitors.
https://theworldnews.net/us-news/the...nful-reckoning
Cida. I'm no big fan of your postings. But I will like to comment. I read the original slate article back in the fall. It was an African worker from Senegal who does not know the history of black Americans and the police. Cupfoods could have tried other alternative means to resolve the situation. Instead for 20 dollars. Cupfoods employees who are people of color black and Palestinian, the very people that BLM supposed to protect, defend and uphold. Black and the Arabs called the cops on Floyd which Contributed to his death.

Another big problem is poverty. Cupfoods is located in an low income neighborhood. For cupfoods and its employees. A loss of 20 dollars is alot, and alot in lost wages if counterfeit 20 was real. Also in poor black neighborhoods. Blacks don't control their means of production. You have Arab, Chinese, African, Hispanic, Korean owned businesses in which money goes back to there communities and not black Americans. Plenty of immigrant and immigrant offsprings don't know or fail to know the history of black Americans and the police.

Who knew that poverty, immigration policies, law enforcement and George Floyd will collide and put our nation and other English speaking white nations in an upheaval likes we have never seen.

Another big problem is immigration. The people who called the cops on floyd were an African and Palestinian owned business. It wasn't white supremacist or a white liberal Karen that called the cops on Floyd.

Last. Since the woke left controls academia, journalism, media, social media and most of our culture. You can forget all of the workers in cupfoods to find a job, go to a university or any other positive life progression in the United States. The African kid will be OK. The wokes have yet to colonize Africa with their critical theory ideology. Malik will be safe. But the other workers born in America. They lived are effed. They should move to Mexico or some part of Latin America for a better life. Why. The white liberals and black academics don't belive in forgiveness.

Last edited by Checkmarkblue; 04-09-2021 at 08:55 PM..

Old 04-09-2021, 08:57 PM

Quote:
I don't oppose cops, in general. At all. I see them as "the good guys" typically.

Not sure why you think that's the case. In general, I very much appreciate police presence, and am grateful for their service.

Not this one guy, who knelt on the neck of a man until he was dead, although he had been stating he couldn't breathe even BEFORE Chauvin knelt on his neck.

That guy? Needs to be gone. He killed Floyd, with a creepy smirk on his face, looking at those who were begging for Floyd's life.

You have to breath to say "I can't breath."

Floyd undoubtedly felt a deprivation of oxygen, but it wasn't because he couldn't breath.

https://americanaddictioncenters.org...tanyl-overdose

Old 04-09-2021, 09:23 PM

Quote:
You have to breath to say "I can't breath."

Floyd undoubtedly felt a deprivation of oxygen, but it wasn't because he couldn't breath.

https://americanaddictioncenters.org...tanyl-overdose
No, you don't have to have full breath to say I can't breathe.

Otherwise, why would ANYONE ever say, ever, "I can't breathe"? Why would anyone, in the history of time, have said that?

People who have positional asphyxia, which is what Floyd had, can clearly articulate, "I can't breathe".

Old 04-09-2021, 09:41 PM

10,990 posts, read 20,570,522 times
Going back to the original issue, one of the investigators said that they found 2 $20s in an envelope in a squad car and that they were sent to Treasury. I wonder if they confirmed that they were bad. I recall that more money was found in Floyd's car between the passenger's seat and the console. This isn't really pertinent to the matters in the Chauvin trial but inquiring minds want to know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies