Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2021, 05:47 PM

399 posts, read 822,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguinite View Post
I'm a white male nearing retirement. I grew in a racially diverse small Indiana suburb of Louisville, KY. I went to school with black kids. Played with black kids. I had friends that were black.

I've been working in and around the military my entire adult life, associating with black people daily for the last 40 years. I feel entirely confident in saying that if we have a racist 'problem' in this country, it's not white racism toward people of color, it's the other way around.
Interesting. Why do you think that ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2021, 05:55 PM

17,639 posts, read 13,430,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
https://theconversation.com/white-su...-the-us-157566

As the current president of the Association for Asian American Studies and as an ethnic studies and critical race studies professor who specializes in Asian American culture, I wanted to address the climate of anti-Asian racism I was seeing at the start of the pandemic. So in April 2020, I created a PowerPoint slide deck about anti-Asian racism that my employer, the University of Colorado Boulder, turned into a website. That led to approximately 50 interviews, workshops, talks and panel presentations that I’ve done on anti-Asian racism, specifically in the time of COVID-19.

The point I’ve made through all of those experiences is that anti-Asian racism has the same source as anti-Black racism: white supremacy. So when a Black person attacks an Asian person, the encounter is fueled perhaps by racism, but very specifically by white supremacy. White supremacy does not require a white person to perpetuate it.

Where we are.

I will be polite as I can be.

First I read "critical race studies" then " So when a Black person attacks an Asian person, the encounter is fueled perhaps by racism, but very specifically by white supremacy. White supremacy does not require a white person to perpetuate it. "

All I can politely say is BULL CRAP!!!!!!!

Old 04-10-2021, 06:04 PM

50,479 posts, read 47,229,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash XY View Post
Interesting. Why do you think that ?
I guess you don't watch news. The news with actual camera film from the recent attacks.

Old 04-10-2021, 09:17 PM

2,400 posts, read 786,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
What are you going to do, hit every white with a rubber mallet?

Old 04-10-2021, 09:30 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,038,110 times
White supremacy is such a problem that dark skinned immigrants can come from India and out-succeed Whites in every metric except for sports and entertainment. Indian-Americans are non-existent in American sports so we need to start an affirmative action program for that.

Old 04-10-2021, 09:56 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,228,596 times
Democracy demands identity-politics, and Asians might eventually outnumber blacks.

Old 04-11-2021, 12:03 AM

10,039 posts, read 9,527,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
The author, Jennifer Ho, is unhappy with her last name... and her body... and her face. White people will be held accountable.
Wait! Who da Ho?

Old 04-11-2021, 12:20 AM

31,131 posts, read 22,161,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
I'm half asian and whoever wrote that article is retarded.

so if a black person attacks me with a knife or gun, the first thing i should do is pull out my gun and shoot the nearest white guy to defend my life?
OMG If I was drinking Cofeffi, I would have spit it all over my computer

Old 04-11-2021, 12:35 AM

31,131 posts, read 22,161,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Well, we DO have one in the Oval Office right now.
Well, if the Dem favoring Politifact said it was half true, you know it's true

https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...n-his-childre/

Old 04-11-2021, 12:54 AM

52,350 posts, read 52,821,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
White supremacy is such a problem that dark skinned immigrants can come from India and out-succeed Whites in every metric except for sports and entertainment. Indian-Americans are non-existent in American sports so we need to start an affirmative action program for that.
Yeah, us evil white men are o oppressive that we keep doctors, lawyers, and engineers from suceeding here, because we're so omnipresent and Indian folks just can't make it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies