Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2021, 08:18 PM

91 posts, read 57,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
The point was Dick and Jane still get to live their life as they have, they just have to explain to their kids about different kinds of families. If they have objections to the different types of families, that is their right. They can even disallow their kids from being friends with kids from different types of families. But they still have their 1000+ marital rights, and so do the gay parents.
I understood your point, but again, it's a short-sighted one, and ignores reality. We live in a society, not in millions of bubbles. The normalization of homosexuality affects everyone. The propensity of homosexuals to abuse children is well-documented. They're hired as teachers, counselors, social workers, etc. and placed in close contact with our children. School districts/government agencies are slow to react out of fear of being accused of "discrimination", as homosexuals are now a federally-protected class.
What happens when Dick decides he's a homosexual, files for divorce, and demands custody of the kids? What about two homosexuals who want to adopt? Shouldn't his/their sexual deviancy be a consideration for the courts? This isn't just a matter of 'live and let live'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2021, 09:06 PM

91 posts, read 57,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
This is ridiculous. I don’t think parent-child marriage should be legally allowed, but every time some weirdo decides to do something like try and marry their kid you Jesus freaks jump up and scream about how this is why we really should go back to 1950s conservative straight religious white cultural hegemony and how your plan for America really is the only way. Like, no it’s not happening, you lost the culture wars. You worship your god how you see fit in your space.
The U.S. is my space. Built by my European forefathers, for me, my people, and our posterity. It wasn't designed as a "melting pot" or any sort of experiment in equality, despite what you've been told.

We haven't lost the culture war. The election of Trump proved that. Granted, we've been losing the media war for decades, but things are changing rapidly on that front.

But I'm curious, why don't you think "two consenting adults" should be allowed to marry?

Old 04-15-2021, 09:31 PM

10,461 posts, read 4,042,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
I guess that slippery slope was pretty slick after all.

someone will be nutty enough to defend it.

edited to add:

what'd i tell ya
I have a cousin that is just like this. It's like she is part of some extreme leftist cult and has to study their manifest and regurgitate their orders. I started to notice her changing about 5 years ago from a once very open minded, fun individual to someone who now recites everything from the radical democrat playbook. She has absolutely no thought of her own. And it's getting dangerous now because she wants to punish her daughters because they won't become lesbians.

Old 04-15-2021, 09:34 PM

10,461 posts, read 4,042,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Moral decay accelerating in America, along with Biden's very obvious "cognitive decline"... Leave it to democrats to usher in a whole new era of moral perversion and social rot. It's what they are good at.

Just imagine, if Trump Tweeted about how awful incest is, democrats would take the opposing view and happily announce their support of incest.
The same people that are the biggest donations to the democrat party, participate in spirit cooking and have admitted to using aborted baby parts for their rituals. Now you know why they got all those undocumented children in cages. Fresh meat for their satanic rituals.

Old 04-15-2021, 09:40 PM

10,099 posts, read 7,771,136 times
Don't forget...Orange man bad.

Old 04-15-2021, 10:15 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,498,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogg View Post
I understood your point, but again, it's a short-sighted one, and ignores reality. We live in a society, not in millions of bubbles. The normalization of homosexuality affects everyone. The propensity of homosexuals to abuse children is well-documented. They're hired as teachers, counselors, social workers, etc. and placed in close contact with our children. School districts/government agencies are slow to react out of fear of being accused of "discrimination", as homosexuals are now a federally-protected class.
What happens when Dick decides he's a homosexual, files for divorce, and demands custody of the kids? What about two homosexuals who want to adopt? Shouldn't his/their sexual deviancy be a consideration for the courts? This isn't just a matter of 'live and let live'.
Why does homosexuality affect everyone? What’s wrong with people wanting to live their lives as they see fit? I’m not entirely convinced that homosexuals have a higher propensity to abuse children.

There is a rather naive belief among those who severely oppose homosexuality, that gay people account for a large segment of the population. That somehow, by legalizing it, society will face an imminent collapse. Gay people account for a very small portion of the total population. If you think otherwise, it’s because pop culture tends to put them up front and center.

Old 04-15-2021, 10:16 PM

6,474 posts, read 4,076,574 times
I don’t think anyone should serve jail time or be fined for being with an immediate relative. But I do think it’s immoral and disgusting. An argument could be made if a study proved that mom and son relationships lead to psychological issues among the participants. You could also ask depending on the age of the participants is the parent someone who groomed their child? Theirs also the debate on legalization vs promotion. Does legalizing something this promote it. This isn’t true for everything but this is an age old philosophical debate.

What I’m most interested in is if psychological issues or grooming crime can be proven. In that case theirs a reason and right to legally ban a relationship. But if neither of this can be proven theirs is nothing under the law that should ban something because it’s “icky”. I.e something like blowjobs shouldn’t be legally banned because some people could consider it icky, etcetera.

Old 04-15-2021, 10:45 PM

17,581 posts, read 13,362,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Consenting adults.

Who can't procreate.

Still incest

Disgusting!

Old 04-15-2021, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
No. I'm circumventing the common argument against incest, which is that it creates children with birth defects.

The article did pointedly mention that this particular couple wasn't able to procreate, defeating the idea that birth defects would be an issue in this one case.

On the other hand, one-time incest pairings don't tend to increase birth defects. Those happen when you have generation after generation of inbreeding, as what happens with royal families or small island populations.

Incest is terribly distasteful to the great majority of us, including me.

On the other hand, I'm disinclined to tell other people what to do, if they aren't harming others and if my only objection is it's icky.

Incest is a third-degree felony under New York law, punishable by up to four years behind bars, and incestuous marriages are considered void, with the spouses facing a fine and up to six months in jail.

Old 04-15-2021, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Well seeing that it is a felony in the US they have to sue to get the laws changed so they can get married.

Might make for some awkward situation though with your parent being your spouse.
And what would prevent opposite sex marrying and having kids ?

Incest is illegal in all 50 states!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies