Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2021, 08:39 AM

9,860 posts, read 4,634,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Thugs/hood rats don't respect anyone, not even their own family members. This is why many of them have no problem killing people.

Man in Harlem kills his mother after she told him to get a job.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3hCEwmdqDk
That's the thing. There is a total lack of conscience along with their selfish behavior. It's seems many have to be in a constant state of gratification including the validation and acceptance of their most recent idea/behavior In the above example the killer got upset because his mom didn't think like he did. It's not even lack of coping skills it's selfish pure and simple. But isn't most criminal behavior with the perps laughing at the law and/or customs. It's all about them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2021, 01:31 PM

73,004 posts, read 62,578,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
That's the thing. There is a total lack of conscience along with their selfish behavior. It's seems many have to be in a constant state of gratification including the validation and acceptance of their most recent idea/behavior In the above example the killer got upset because his mom didn't think like he did. It's not even lack of coping skills it's selfish pure and simple. But isn't most criminal behavior with the perps laughing at the law and/or customs. It's all about them.
This is part of what I've been talking about. The thugs who committed such violence in Philadelphia aren't going to be scared by the law.

I want to elaborate on what you said about the killer doing what he did because he didn't like what his mother had to say to him. This is a culture of violence. This is a culture of "you disrespect me and I kill you". Many gang shootings are like this. Many personal disputes involve this. It is indeed selfish behavior. It is also lack of coping, and someone who believes violence is the answer to all problems. I agree that selfishness is a big part of it. It's huge. However, I also say that anyone who would kill their own mother over a simple disagreement is someone who has no coping skills. It is a person who doesn't believe in disagreeing respectfully.

Now, as for the selfishness, I do agree that violent criminals are basically selfish. They don't care about anyone. I just showed you one who would kill his own mother. Anyone who would kill their own mother will have no problem killing anyone else. It's about an individual who doesn't value anyone else's life, not even their own. The hood rat/thug mentality is life fast, die young, and get whatever you want by any means necessary, even if it requires killing someone. This is partly what violent behavior involves. It's "do it my way or you're dead". It also involves the violent party not being concerned about the possible of getting killed. When someone is a nihilist, and a violent nihilist at that, fear of punishment or death isn't going to sway them.

Old 04-11-2021, 03:36 PM

9,860 posts, read 4,634,723 times
'disrespect me and I kill you', much like a gang member mentality.

Exactly. People who demand respect tend not be worthy to begin with.

Old 04-11-2021, 10:25 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,936,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Seems like Attorney Jennifer Arbittier Williams and Police chief Danielle Outlaw long speeches and bold crime fighting plan fell apart right after their long speeches.

Doesn't seem like Philadelphia criminals were listening to Attorney Jennifer Arbittier Williams and Police chief Danielle Outlaw speeches.

Liberals love to give speeches full of dreams that aren't based on reality.

There is no solution to Philadelphia and many other Democratic cities extreme rates of violence they are full of multiple generations of poor queens and kings who had as many babies as they could for many, many years.

The Democrats also laugh at manufacuturing and construction jobs that could keep a lot of young men in their 20s out of trouble.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3czRdQjCcY8

https://6abc.com/9-shot-2-dead-less-...phia/10505821/
LOL at the chief being named Outlaw, only in the city of brotherly love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies