Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2021, 11:27 AM

795 posts, read 408,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
A gun would never be the appropriate response to that situation.

If the poster used a gun in that situation, THEY would end up in jail.
Not true. That would be a clear cut and dry case of self defense. The worker was outnumbered and attacked physically. That is absolutely legal justification to draw a firearm to defend yourself from imminent harm. Also in that scenario he most likely wouldn’t have even had to pull the trigger. Just the sight of the gun may well have been enough to get the attackers to stand down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2021, 11:33 AM

795 posts, read 408,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I'm just saying, anyone experienced with guns knows there are few situations where you should ever use one. And no, I do not thing anyone needs a semi automatic to protect their home. Christ, go take some classes and learn how to shoot a bullseye.

Nothing like taking out your neighbors when you have a single intruder in your house.
You do know the definition of semi automatic right?
Semi auto: for every time the trigger is depressed 1 round goes off. One and only one. The firearm then generally reloads itself provided there are further rounds in the magazine. It is still however only a single round per trigger pull.

Full auto is the one that will empty the entire magazine as long as the trigger is depressed.

A single shot weapon doesn’t help you very much if there is more than one intruder.

Old 04-11-2021, 11:37 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
If you track gun sales it usually has to do with some kind of tragedy -- a mass shooting (Sandy Hook) or the pandemic.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/up-fr...firearm-sales/

Old 04-11-2021, 11:40 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
You yourself indicated that 99.9% of the citizenry would see you as a "domestic terrorist". Which indicates that perhaps your view of tyranny might be skewed. A tad. If only .1 % actually support your views. You'd end up a dead martyr to a cause only a minute fraction of the country supported.
Did you ever think that maybe tyranny has succeeded? And that is the reason why so many people 'allow' it?

Example...majority of people support background checks for firearm purchases for petes sake!! (that is the very definition of Infringement). lol...

Militias are considered to be 'anti-govt wackjobs' today!!

Need any more proof that tyranny has succeeded?

Old 04-11-2021, 11:48 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,462,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Did you ever think that maybe tyranny has succeeded? And that is the reason why so many people 'allow' it?

Example...majority of people support background checks for firearm purchases for petes sake!! (that is the very definition of Infringement). lol...

Militias are considered to be 'anti-govt wackjobs' today!!

Need any more proof that tyranny has succeeded?
So if we are already living under tyranny, did you support January 6? Did you join in, fully armed and ready to save the country? If not, why?

Old 04-11-2021, 11:52 AM

6,119 posts, read 4,609,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
The reason? Because I realize the hard fact that we are becoming a nation where the rule of law is being broken down and disregarded more each day and we are on our own to protect ourselves. I don't see anyone really standing up for law-abiding citizens of this country. That's it. We are now ON OUR OWN.

Our government and lax liberal policies are emboldening criminals to the point where fear of retribution for crimes committed is simply not a deterrent to them anymore. This is why we are seeing repeat offenders, criminal recidivists, with prior convictions a mile long, out free to cause harm again and again.
I agree with you about the rule of law being broken down and repeat offenders staying in the same cycle, but you need to be careful about where all of the rule of law breakdown is coming from. The lax sentencing happens in conservative and liberal jurisdictions and then you have someone who is given an extremely harsh sentence for something that seems fairly minor. There's often no reason to this.

But then you(or we) also have sheriffs right here in North Carolina who are taking it upon themselves to disregard laws that they don't politically agree with, knowing they're going to get brownie points from their conservative constituencies in those counties.

They are defiantly saying "I'm going to ignore that law entirely" instead of going through the proper judicial appeal channels which they have available to them as does any citizen who believes something is unconstitutional, and letting the results happen as they will. They have no problem disregarding the rule of law when it fits their right wing political ideology. I'm not saying it's all conservatives or liberals doing that but it's grossly fallacious to suggest it's a "liberal policies" problem.

https://www.wccbcharlotte.com/2020/0...nctuary-trend/

Old 04-11-2021, 11:58 AM

8,069 posts, read 12,784,000 times
I haven't bought a firearm in over ten years but I do know a new enthusiastic gun owner. His reasoning was the widespread civil unrest occurring in the urban areas. He told me he wanted to be able to defend his family if something similar happened in his area (Unlikely in my opinion however not out of the question).

I think the new gun owners fear not being able to purchase what they want in the future and are worried about civil unrest.

Old 04-11-2021, 12:03 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
So if we are already living under tyranny, did you support January 6? Did you join in, fully armed and ready to save the country? If not, why?
Somewhat, I do support what happened on Jan 6th, (but I realize it was a stunt at the same time), at NO TIME were any of those people attempting to actually remove the govt from power.

I do not think the election had any fraud involved either, however any attempt to disrupt govt proceedings, I fully support, (this govt is tyrannical).

As to WHY I dont take part...Ive already mentioned that, Im like anyone else, I prefer my freedom and quality of life! (But I also recognize this is HIGHLY un-American) and I cannot call myself patriotic for that reason. ( I am part of the problem as well).

What we need is a person that can unite LOTS of people, to do what actually needs to be done and defend the Constitution. ( I am not that person though).

Old 04-11-2021, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Somewhat, I do support what happened on Jan 6th, (but I realize it was a stunt at the same time), at NO TIME were any of those people attempting to actually remove the govt from power.

I do not think the election had any fraud involved either, however any attempt to disrupt govt proceedings, I fully support, (this govt is tyrannical).
So are you actively working to overthrow the tyranny? Or planning to move to a less tyrannical country?

Do you refuse to pay taxes?

Or do you talk big, wave guns around and complain about the "tyranny"? ie "cosplay"

Old 04-11-2021, 12:19 PM

Quote:

As to WHY I dont take part...Ive already mentioned that, Im like anyone else, I prefer my freedom and quality of life! (But I also recognize this is HIGHLY un-American) and I cannot call myself patriotic for that reason. ( I am part of the problem as well).

What we need is a person that can unite LOTS of people, to do what actually needs to be done and defend the Constitution. ( I am not that person though).
But I thought there was no freedom only tyranny?

So you - mr. "Tyranny! Somebody DO something!! But not me ' cause jail would be icky"

So why do you need an arsenal of weaponry again?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies