Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2021, 09:14 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,036,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Ok. Without the protests, there would be no holding officers accountable. It would be the status quo no charges, no investigations, no trials, & no accountability.
Video is what is holding officers accountable, not protests.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqEw6vTos8A&t=2s

This cop got 4 years in prison. In the past, he'd have said "he went for my gun". To my knowledge, there were no protests and no sneakers stolen.

The protests are about racial resentment and anger, the police incidents are just an excuse, and BLM the organization was up front about that early on: their entire manifesto was basically about upending the system and had little to do with police reform.

This racial narrative is going to eventually make more and more people side with the cops as crime spirals out of control.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2021, 09:21 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,925,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
Wow, actually supporting the violent riots, keep letting the mask slip comrade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqEw6vTos8A&t=2s

This cop got 4 years in prison. In the past, he'd have said "he went for my gun". To my knowledge, there were no protests and no sneakers stolen.

The protests are about racial resentment and anger, the police incidents are just an excuse, and BLM the organization was up front about that early on: their entire manifesto was basically about upending the system and had little to do with police reform.

This racial narrative is going to eventually make more and more people side with the cops as crime spirals out of control.
Have a nice day.

Old 04-15-2021, 09:37 AM

29,485 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post

Exactly. I am all for body cams and the enforcement to use them.

And agreed. Once again, the left seems to be creating their own enemy. People will eventually grow tired of watching millions of dollars of property damage, and nightly riots being touted as "peaceful protests" and once that happens, and people start pushing back, any sort of progress that could have happened will end up reversed and probably worse.

Old 04-15-2021, 09:51 AM

34,054 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Quote:
Ok. Without the protests, there would be no holding officers accountable. It would be the status quo no charges, no investigations, no trials, & no accountability.
False. The accountability would follow due process, instead of the liberal lynch mob way.

The department lawyers would see to it that it happened, if, for no other reason, financial liability reasons.

The protests accomplish nothing, other than having a bunch of thugs get new tvs via looting. If they did accomplish something, they would be a one time, non repeated m.o.

Old 04-15-2021, 09:52 AM

4,960 posts, read 2,237,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post

And agreed. Once again, the left seems to be creating their own enemy. People will eventually grow tired of watching millions of dollars of property damage, and nightly riots being touted as "peaceful protests" and once that happens, and people start pushing back, any sort of progress that could have happened will end up reversed and probably worse.
People that live in those areas will grow tired of it. Businesses will permanently close, other businesses will choose to relocate elsewhere. Money will move out of those communities and nothing will be left.

I watched the riots last year - so many innocent lives were impacted, and some livelihoods destroyed by petulant mobs - it definitely made me angry.

Then I saw the peaceful protest in my city. The George Floyd mural. No violence. And an absolute resolve in the people to defend others against BLM/Antifa violence and I let the anger go. It was like living in a completed different reality.

I only know of one incident that happened here. A White BLM/Antifa poser decided he was going to shield Black protesters from cars by attacking the cars. That fool got a free ride across the Pensacola Bay Bridge on the hood of a car. Then a free ride to jail. That was the ONLY incident that I am aware of.

Old 04-15-2021, 09:54 AM

34,054 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post

What will happen is a them/us society, where suburbanites will avoid the inner city (and their spending propels many cities as their populations tend to be middle to upper middle class), while the poverty stricken are financially stuck in these dying cities. Role model for that was Detroit, who is just a small % of its GDP and population at its peak.

Old 04-15-2021, 09:54 AM

9,459 posts, read 5,221,264 times
Quote:
Are you 12 yrs old and posting from your Mom's basement?
You know NOTHING about law enforcement.

Old 04-15-2021, 09:55 AM

9,913 posts, read 9,590,000 times
I dread the upcoming summer , im pretty sure it will be a repeat of rioting, arsoning, looting like last year. I cant believe - they looted a DOLLAR STORE.. sheesh.

already BLM surrounded the home of a man in what looks like a nice neighborhood telling a black man pedestrian to get outta the neighborhood as he didn't belong there. some say that man lives there but he resembles someone who doens't look like he belongs to that nice neighborhood. so last night on the news, already swarms of locusts, errr BLM folks were vandalizing his house and starting to protest and so the family had to flee the house. sheesh.

does not look good.

Old 04-15-2021, 10:03 AM

3,538 posts, read 1,327,950 times
Quote:
Agree. Why is it that civilians are seemingly being asked to de-escalate adrenaline-fueled cops?
good question. I remember in the Philando Castille shooting, the cop was the only one screaming and being hysterical. Meanwhile a woman and child in the car that witnessed a man get executed right in front of them were still maintaining their composure.

These cops are the last people on earth that should be handling guns. They act hysterical.

Old 04-15-2021, 10:06 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,088,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
good question. I remember in the Philando Castille shooting, the cop was the only one screaming and being hysterical. Meanwhile a woman and child in the car that witnessed a man get executed right in front of them were still maintaining their composure.

These cops are the last people on earth that should be handling guns. They act hysterical.
Another incompetent minority (Yanez) hired only because we needed more diversity. And a man died because of it.

The corpses of a million Americans are on the hands of "progressivism".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies