Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2021, 03:07 PM

3,730 posts, read 1,321,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical_Thinker View Post
My word. Did he really say that? I missed that conversation. Jeeze. 2024? Three masks? I can't even breathe with one, let alone 2. And I don't get why we need to keep wearing that mask when we've been vaccinated? Just to make it easier for stores to enforce? Most stores don't even enforce masks now, regardless of vax status.

I watched the "heated" exchange between Jorden and Fauci. Jordan kept asking the one question I've been dying to know the answer as well - how low do case levels need to get before these recommendations come off? Fauci refused to answer, repeating that current case levels are far too high. Yes, we get that. Does it need to be below 10,000 a day before it's "safe"? 5000? Or below a grand a day? I bet it will be 2024 by the time we get there, and that's why he's not admitting that.

Oh well, I'm doing my part by getting the vaccine (2nd shot in 9 days.) I'm also doing my part to bring America back to normal - by living normally. It's allowed in my lovely state of Georgia, regardless of what Dr. Fauci says or doesn't say.

Yes he did and it's insane!

https://www.businessinsider.com/fauc...ovid-19-2021-1

To clarify, Fauci said most of the country can return to some sort of normalcy towards the end of 2021, but then also said sport events should be 2022, and said parades like the rose bowl won't be until 2024.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2021, 04:41 PM

18,802 posts, read 8,474,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Because it was here long before we had a confirmed case.

Remember how long it took for tests to even become available?

You think that the virus waited until we had tests for it?

When did you know that, and when did you start wearing a mask?

I was a doctor, discussing these things with other docs daily, and most of us didn't arrive at that conclusion until March.

Old 04-15-2021, 04:44 PM

43,111 posts, read 18,281,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
When did you know that, and when did you start wearing a mask?

I was a doctor, discussing these things with other docs daily, and most of us didn't arrive at that conclusion until March.
For me it was March 15, 2020. I remember that because I volunteered for our city's St Patrick's event which had not been cancelled by that date so I called them and back out and sewed up a few masks for myself with fabric I had at home.

And then I remember reading how all over the country St Patrick's Day events got cancelled.

Old 04-15-2021, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK736 View Post
That's because everyone is sick of "Flip-Flopping" Fauci. "GET THE VACCINE!" he yells, "BUT YOU STILL HAVE TO WEAR A MASK!" He has said we can't expect a full return to normalcy until 2024. He wants us wearing two masks now and even promotes wearing 3. He recently said in an interview that even with him having the vaccine flowing through him that he has no plans to travel, go out to any sporting events, or eat in any restaurants, and that we should all follow suit. He's saying the variants are going to cause us all hell in the upcoming months. And yet when asked why cases are dropping in states like Texas and others who rolled back his mandates, he literally sat on live TV and admitted he couldn't give a reason as to why.

It's gone beyond being a doctor for him. He's addicted to the fame and knows he's cemented in the history books now. He takes interviews for Twitch Stream players and YouTubers but can't even go on Fox. He has a damn baseball card and a story book made up in his honor. He's played out. Time to bring someone else on the scene.
Medical and Pandemic facts change and then so do recommendations. This is part and parcel with new medical issues, as we all in the medical fields have to adjust to new findings while working in real time.

Fauci has been cemented and at the helm since the early '80's with AIDS and the Reagan years. And joined with every President since. His medical fame meter can't go any higher. At 80 his is well beyond an enormous lifetime of accomplishment, and I doubt there is even anyone out there with his combination of related knowledge plus the decades of experience.

Old 04-15-2021, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
They had their simulations and exercises. On paper everything works out.

Then, when they went to the close to get the masks, there weren't any left.
We used the stockpile masks during the H1N1 scare that was killing kids.
We never refilled the closet and got caught short.

The planning isn't the issue though.
Pandemic planning is very much a huge issue IMO. A terrible lacking of detail locally and all the way up through the state and federal levels.

Our hospital wasn't prepared. Nor our medical offices. Nor our paramedics.

Old 04-15-2021, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
For me it was March 15, 2020. I remember that because I volunteered for our city's St Patrick's event which had not been cancelled by that date so I called them and back out and sewed up a few masks for myself with fabric I had at home.

And then I remember reading how all over the country St Patrick's Day events got cancelled.
So you understand why Fauci had to change his opinion on masks by then?

Old 04-15-2021, 06:13 PM

13,656 posts, read 9,717,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
IF you don't trust the medical/scientific input/recommendations, of course you will make the the conclusion they are just making decisions for the "sake of doing things..."

If you do trust the medical/scientific input/recommendations, then obviously it isn't decisions "just for the sake of doing things" it is driven from their input.
There's a middle-ground. I can trust the scientific community’s prevailing consensus to be accurate, but simultaneously not consider the requisite trade-offs to be merited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolovefromANFIELD View Post
When one gets divorced it impacts the others, especially if they have children. Having children out of wedlock affects others. Obesity and overall poor health that stem from poor lifestyle choices affect others in form of higher insurance premiums. And so on and so on.

We allow people to fail every single day in choices that ripple negatively throughout society yet we don't apply the same "logic" as we do with Covid.
That's an important point. Where my nose begins, and your fist ends, isn't entirely clear. Subtleties abound. Whenever I do stupid things, others pay too. The cost isn't mine alone to bear. Whenever others do stupid things, I am partially on the hook for the consequences. This is inevitable in living in a civilization. Why then is the 'rona so particularly special? Answer: because it's new, novel and scary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
...I've always been against government involvement in matters that don't involve behaviors that impact others. Generally give the benefit of doubt to personal freedoms until someone convinces me that those freedoms impact others negatively. I'm pretty obvious about this in this forum. So again.. no idea what you are talking about.
Let's try with an analogy... Considering how many injuries are caused by guns, how may murders and accidents and so forth, it is in my best interest that guns be banned outright. But I don't advocate for this, and instead, recoil in disgust from the very idea of such a ban. However much I regret innocent people losing their lives to misuse of guns, to accidents with guns, or to intentional violence enabled by guns, I would be aghast at the loss of the personal freedom to own and operate a gun.

Old 04-15-2021, 06:15 PM

34,235 posts, read 18,584,601 times
He's near the top of the Guillotine list along with other Democrat BUREAUCRATS and Politicians.

Old 04-15-2021, 06:22 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,414,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
He's near the top of the Guillotine list along with other Democrat BUREAUCRATS and Politicians.
Guillotine list?

So, you’re planning to start a revolution?

Old 04-15-2021, 06:45 PM

57,296 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DK736 View Post
Yes he did and it's insane!

https://www.businessinsider.com/fauc...ovid-19-2021-1

To clarify, Fauci said most of the country can return to some sort of normalcy towards the end of 2021, but then also said sport events should be 2022, and said parades like the rose bowl won't be until 2024.
Maybe we can but certainly not completely normal, we will be going through a second round of vaccines next year. We have a higher rate of infection now than last September even with the vaccine, rather than ask when we can open they should ask how we can get this under control. We are running 80,000 infections a day, not the time to ask when we can open. Even Jordan’s home state is running out of nurses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies