Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2021, 09:12 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,560,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Normally I believe that, and his push to pack the court with moonbat judges would cause issues. But I believe they have the voting rigged that they can do it without fear.
I don't think they'd commit to outright treason the way they have unless they were fairly sure they had elections effectively rigged.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2021, 11:03 AM

18,504 posts, read 15,567,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
I don't think they will get any big AW ban in the next 4 year best they get is all transfers (Private sales) will require an FFL maybe the redflag laws they want. They might want to wait see if they can gain senate seats in the mid-terms if Trump voters stay home since the election is "Rigged" more votes for democrats. Georgia was was a surprise they were able to get two liberal Democrats elected. If the Trump effect continues they could actually gain seats where they are closer to the 60 seat majority. Americans wants more controls over firearms they don't want to continue to see guys shooting from hotel rooms into concerts, or guys showing up at Wal-marts.. The low cost AR-15's lot more were sold to the public so eventually few bad apples get their hands on them. I'm not sure what feel good AW ban will do the 94 ban they try to say was effective really wasn't because back then AR-15's and like firearms were just not nearly as common cost was $1000 and up. I think days are numbered as more and more mass shootings will take place eventually leading to some sort of strict registration system. We only have to look to Canada who had much more controls over semi-auto rifles yet they still had mass shootings.
Yes look to Canada.

This is a list of our worst mass killing, not all by firearms, one by arson, another by a van.
The list covers incidents from 1972 to 2020.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6840650/m...llings-canada/

This is a list of mass shooting in the US from March 2020 to April 2020, a MUCH shorter timeframe.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/16/us/ma...nth/index.html

So yes, please look to Canada.

Old 04-16-2021, 11:10 AM

23,652 posts, read 14,008,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Yes look to Canada.

This is a list of our worst mass killing, not all by firearms, one by arson, another by a van.

This is a list of mass shooting in the US from March 2020 to April 2020, a MUCH shorter timeframe.

Different countries. Who would you rather hear coming to your side in a major battle, the US or Canada? What does Canada have that would fit into this saying? "“Give me an Army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle... Give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I'll win a war.” ― George S. Patton Jr.

Old 04-16-2021, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Different countries. Who would you rather hear coming to your side in a major battle, the US or Canada? What does Canada have that would fit into this saying? "“Give me an Army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle... Give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I'll win a war.” ― George S. Patton Jr.
I was responding the poster who mentioned Canada.

Your response has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Old 04-16-2021, 07:57 PM

23,652 posts, read 14,008,920 times
Quote:
I was responding the poster who mentioned Canada.

Your response has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

It does relate for when anti gunners compare the US to Canada or for that matter, any other country, one is really talking apples and oranges. We are not the same.

Old 04-16-2021, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
It does relate for when anti gunners compare the US to Canada or for that matter, any other country, one is really talking apples and oranges. We are not the same.
The poster wasn't an anti-gunner. They were saying that restrictions don't work, and to look at Canada.

Problem with the comparison, is that they DO work in Canada.

As for not the same, totally agree. Canada had sensible gun laws since the 19th century.

It's too late for the US. Mass shootings, suicides by gun, and accidental shootings are the highest in the US compared to the developed world. The twisted belief that guns equal freedom, will ensure that they will just keep on coming.

Old 04-16-2021, 08:34 PM

4,960 posts, read 2,240,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttboy View Post
Elections have consequences....democrats pushing Anti Constitutional agenda will get push back

Biden's gun control push poses danger for midterms

President Biden’s call for an assault weapons ban is putting pressure on Democrats to pass legislation that strategists worry could put lawmakers in a vulnerable spot heading into next year’s midterm elections.

The president’s latest push goes beyond expanded background checks and sets the stage for votes to ban assault-style weapons and high-capacity magazines — a potential political liability in Senate battlegrounds such as Arizona, Georgia, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin.
Does it really matter, though? All of this political bull**** is swinging like a pendulum from the last threads of the US Constitution.

Old 04-16-2021, 09:43 PM

38,645 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
Yes look to Canada.

I was going to say France, Switzerland, Norway, Finland and Belgium.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/co...ngs-by-country

The world looks very different when you examine the actual numbers.

Old 04-17-2021, 03:40 AM

16,083 posts, read 6,860,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikMal View Post
Let the 13.4% keep rioting and more citizens will see the importance of gun ownership for protecting themselves and their families.
Response: Opinion

Well Done.
Pictures speak a thousand words..............................

Old 04-17-2021, 04:25 AM

27,156 posts, read 15,330,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Even progressive liberals in Los Angeles went out and cleaned up gun & ammo stores this past year during the pandemic and racial riots. I think they realized self preservation and less reliance on the police is kinda important
That is a factor yet the Left knows Democrats will attack their Rights, restrict their choices, raise their taxes and still vote for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies