Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2021, 04:44 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,730,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Yes look to Canada.

This is a list of our worst mass killing, not all by firearms, one by arson, another by a van.
The list covers incidents from 1972 to 2020.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6840650/m...llings-canada/

This is a list of mass shooting in the US from March 2020 to April 2020, a MUCH shorter timeframe.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/16/us/ma...nth/index.html

So yes, please look to Canada.
The tipping point event in Canada cost the lives of 4 RCMP...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayerthorpe_tragedy

We might watch for a similar event here in the States. With the "hate the cops" agenda being pushed hard it could happen.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2021, 04:51 AM

4,909 posts, read 2,059,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Even progressive liberals in Los Angeles went out and cleaned up gun & ammo stores this past year during the pandemic and racial riots. I think they realized self preservation and less reliance on the police is kinda important
I’d like to believe that, but if that was the case, Biden... Or whoever is calling the shots wouldn’t be in office right now... The media, Hollywood and big tech will tell the low information voters of America on how to vote or the democrats will simply steal this election too.

I live in the metro Seattle area and everybody to include the most liberal are buying up firearms and ammo at a record pace. Heck, even after the mass exit/retirement of police and other law enforcement officers, to include myself, these same liberals still support their fail progressive ideals AND will not change their r*tar*ed ways... I feel sorry for the Great States of Texas, Florida and Tennessee since all the liberals that screwed up California, New York and New Jersey are flooding into these states and in a few short years, they will screw these States up as well.

Liberalism is a disease with no cure!!

With that said, I’m buying everything I ever wanted now since I no longer have faith in our system anymore, to include our voting process.

Old 04-17-2021, 05:01 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Open borders where the "migrants" are treated better than struggling US citizens, race wars brought to us by the party that supposedly cares, demonizing ALL Police while threatening to defund and even disband them while supporting criminals and not holding them accountable for their actions plus going after our Second Amendment Rights....

What could possibly go wrong for the Dems in 2022?
Here again contradicting narrative.....Biden is being slammed for his mistreatment of the migrants at the border but you post that they are treated better than struggling US citizens.

The Democrat party does not overwhelming support disbanding the police and even defunding is not universally accepted by the party.

In 2020 many voted for the Democrats because of gun control issues........

Old 04-17-2021, 05:23 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,119,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
best they get is all transfers (Private sales) will require an FFL
Nope. They may try, but they don't have the constitutional authority to regulate the sale of private property between two private citizens who live in the same state.

Most of the BS they get away with is constitutionally justified under the commerce clause. There's no interstate commerce happening when I sell a gun to my neighbor. They can't touch that transaction. It's literally none of their business.

States can do that, but the feds cannot. Expect any such law to be challenged on those grounds, and if the courts still have some integrity left in them, it will be struck down.

Old 04-17-2021, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Here again contradicting narrative.....Biden is being slammed for his mistreatment of the migrants at the border but you post that they are treated better than struggling US citizens.

The Democrat party does not overwhelming support disbanding the police and even defunding is not universally accepted by the party.

In 2020 many voted for the Democrats because of gun control issues........
Yes, these illegal aliens will be treated far better than many American citizens. They will be granted “refugee” status and be given priority in low income housing and to all the other social benefits.

If you do not believe that this is true, than you’re lying to yourself since this is a fact.

And yes, it’s already started. But too many low information Americans are too “simple” to see that bringing in tens or hundreds of thousand other low skilled workers will make their live more tough since they will have to fight harder for the few remaining “good” jobs with benefits, with a group of people who will happily work for minimum wage.

As for the democrats stance on the police and law and order, “they’re playing both sides of this issue” and are constantly sending out mixed messages... If the democrats and Harris/Biden supported law and order, why are they allowing rioting and increases to violent crimes? If they supported the police, we wouldn’t have riots in our cities since they would send out a loud and clear message.

Last edited by bergun; 04-17-2021 at 05:35 AM..

Old 04-17-2021, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Yes look to Canada.

This is a list of our worst mass killing, not all by firearms, one by arson, another by a van.

This is a list of mass shooting in the US from March 2020 to April 2020, a MUCH shorter timeframe.

There are 10x as many people in the US as in Canada, for starters.

A direct comparison between the two is invalid. You should know that as a functioning adult, so I have no option but to believe that you're being intentionally disingenuous.

Old 04-17-2021, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Yes look to Canada.

Canada, I love you guys, but what have you ever done... All by yourselves that would make others want to follow your example?

Sorry, but Canada isn’t the answer to any of the issues in the world, let alone just the United States.

Natnasci, just be Canadian and have a great day!!

Old 04-17-2021, 06:34 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,560,296 times
Have every Democrat in America flee to Canada tomorrow and the murder rate in Canada would immediately become similar to what it is in America and the murder rate in America would fall to similar to what it is in Canada.

It's not the guns, it's garbage tier people.

Old 04-17-2021, 06:53 AM

Quote:
The twisted belief that guns equal freedom
I'm going to get a little philosophical with you on this, because you need a better understanding of guns and because it's Saturday morning and I'm at my desk waiting for a customer who's supposed to call and I have the time to kill.

We'll start with people. Let's say you want someone to do something. Could be anything. You want your child to clean up the mess they just made, for example, and they don't want to.

You can talk to and reason with them, trying to convince them that it makes sense for them to clean up their mess, attempting bribes with toys or TV time, etc., or you can threaten/use violence and force them to do it.

Those are the options - convince them or force them. You can extend that to everything in life. For instance, I don't want to wear a mask unnecessarily, and I haven't been convinced that I should. If you want me to, you'll have to force me with the threat of government violence.

What is a gun?

Most people would answer that it's a thing. An object. A small, simple machine designed to send projectiles along as straight a path as possible.

It's that, but it's more than that, too.

Let's say you have a 90lb, 90yo woman and a 250lb, 25yo weightlifter. The old woman is walking down the street, headed to the pharmacy to pick up her pills.

The weightlifter steps in front of her and says, "Give me your wallet."

That's not very convincing language, so she says, "No, I don't want to."

Undeterred, the weightlifter then says, "Give me your wallet or I'll crush you like a bug."

At this point, the old woman has no choice. The threat of physical force and the obvious ability to follow through with that threat is enough to make her give up the wallet, rather than risk losing her life.

Now, add a gun to the story.

When the weightlifter demands the wallet, the old lady pulls out a gun, instead of her wallet.

Suddenly, the entire situation has changed. The person with the obvious and clear force advantage has just been neutered. The amount of force either of them can apply to the other has been equalized, and the weightlifter, despite his size and strength advantage, no longer has any overall advantage, at all.

A gun is a force equalizer.

Without a gun, I'm subject to the whims of anyone who can overpower me. A government, especially one as large and capable as ours, can overpower me easily and force me to do pretty much anything they want.

If I have a gun, they can still overpower me, but there will be significant costs associated with that action.

If I have a gun, and a few million like minded patriots also have guns, WE have the force advantage over the government. Even one as large and capable as ours.

When a government restricts guns or access to them, they're limiting the power of the citizenry. They're reducing the amount of force that the People have available to them. As regulations stack up, the ability of the citizens to mount any kind of effective rebellion is reduced. Eventually, the laws (if adhered to) remove that ability altogether.

Notice also that government is exempt from nearly every gun law on the books. Pretty odd, for a country that's self-governed, isn't it? Our government is "of the People," right? The government is us. We are the government. But the government can have stuff we can't?

Remember, we're citizens, not subjects.

Just got the info from my customer, so I'll wrap this up. You challenged the notion that guns equal freedom. Hopefully, I've given you something to think about in that regard. If it was a little bit of a ramble, I apologize. Didn't get a chance to proofread/edit, and I wasn't expecting to lay this out this morning.

Old 04-17-2021, 07:55 AM

7,511 posts, read 4,357,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
I'm going to get a little philosophical with you on this, because you need a better understanding of guns and because it's Saturday morning and I'm at my desk waiting for a customer who's supposed to call and I have the time to kill.

We'll start with people. Let's say you want someone to do something. Could be anything. You want your child to clean up the mess they just made, for example, and they don't want to.

You can talk to and reason with them, trying to convince them that it makes sense for them to clean up their mess, attempting bribes with toys or TV time, etc., or you can threaten/use violence and force them to do it.

Those are the options - convince them or force them. You can extend that to everything in life. For instance, I don't want to wear a mask unnecessarily, and I haven't been convinced that I should. If you want me to, you'll have to force me with the threat of government violence.

What is a gun?

Most people would answer that it's a thing. An object. A small, simple machine designed to send projectiles along as straight a path as possible.

It's that, but it's more than that, too.

Let's say you have a 90lb, 90yo woman and a 250lb, 25yo weightlifter. The old woman is walking down the street, headed to the pharmacy to pick up her pills.

The weightlifter steps in front of her and says, "Give me your wallet."

That's not very convincing language, so she says, "No, I don't want to."

Undeterred, the weightlifter then says, "Give me your wallet or I'll crush you like a bug."

At this point, the old woman has no choice. The threat of physical force and the obvious ability to follow through with that threat is enough to make her give up the wallet, rather than risk losing her life.

Now, add a gun to the story.

When the weightlifter demands the wallet, the old lady pulls out a gun, instead of her wallet.

Suddenly, the entire situation has changed. The person with the obvious and clear force advantage has just been neutered. The amount of force either of them can apply to the other has been equalized, and the weightlifter, despite his size and strength advantage, no longer has any overall advantage, at all.

A gun is a force equalizer.

Without a gun, I'm subject to the whims of anyone who can overpower me. A government, especially one as large and capable as ours, can overpower me easily and force me to do pretty much anything they want.

If I have a gun, they can still overpower me, but there will be significant costs associated with that action.

If I have a gun, and a few million like minded patriots also have guns, WE have the force advantage over the government. Even one as large and capable as ours.

When a government restricts guns or access to them, they're limiting the power of the citizenry. They're reducing the amount of force that the People have available to them. As regulations stack up, the ability of the citizens to mount any kind of effective rebellion is reduced. Eventually, the laws (if adhered to) remove that ability altogether.

Notice also that government is exempt from nearly every gun law on the books. Pretty odd, for a country that's self-governed, isn't it? Our government is "of the People," right? The government is us. We are the government. But the government can have stuff we can't?

Remember, we're citizens, not subjects.

Just got the info from my customer, so I'll wrap this up. You challenged the notion that guns equal freedom. Hopefully, I've given you something to think about in that regard. If it was a little bit of a ramble, I apologize. Didn't get a chance to proofread/edit, and I wasn't expecting to lay this out this morning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies