Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2021, 10:17 PM

29,522 posts, read 22,674,035 times

Advertisements

No surprise at the knee jerk reactions and instant rush to judgement that this was a 'racist' attack, complete with dozens of morons actually showing up to the house to protest.

It's interesting how the police chief is toeing the woke party line, with the usual grandstanding fluff about not tolerating 'bullies' in their neighborhoods. Yet this same police chief refuses to address what the Black guy was allegedly doing in that neighborhood and his actions that possibly led to the confrontation.

According to one eyewitness, apparently this Black guy was unnecessarily hassling some people in that neighborhood. The eyewitness saw some Black women lead the Black guy away and thought that any problems were over, but then started filming when that Army Sgt. decided to confront the guy. I don't necessarily fault that Army guy for being angry when outsiders go into your neighborhood and start hassling others in it (the Black guy claimed to live in that area but never answers where exactly). And not once did he say anything or even remotely act racist in any way towards the guy.

But, never let the entire situation get in the way of a few minutes of video taken out of context, that gives career protesters a wonderful opportunity to show what badass community activists they are. These 'activists' are posting his address online and basically encouraging people to show up and hassle him. Moronic.

https://www.postandcourier.com/colum...dec9cb635.html

Quote:
A soldier at Fort Jackson has been charged after a video showed a White man berating and threatening a Black man who was walking inside a Richland County subdivision.

A two-minute clip of the confrontation spread across social media over the past two days, sparking protests in the neighborhood where the men clashed and triggering angry responses from lawmakers as the country grapples with race relations.

“What else has to happen? It’s like a ticking time bomb,” state Sen. Mia McLeod, D-Columbia, said during an impassioned speech from the Senate floor April 14. “We have to decide right here, right now, whether we’re going to move forward in 2021 or we’re going back to 1921.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TzXWZn92Xo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Bh31RO9CCY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2021, 12:27 PM

585 posts, read 495,870 times
Default Viral video of Military man shoving black man

This is automatically racist even though we don’t know why it happened? The article states the below. Also media reports regardless of what the incidents were he didn’t deserve to be shoved. What if he was raping people in the neighborhood? Of course I’m not saying that, but if he was, he still doesn’t deserved to be a shoved? There were riots where several BLM members damaged his house.

https://people.com/crime/army-sergea...hood/?amp=true

“While deputies were on the scene, two other people requested to file incident reports against the victim regarding previous situations that occurred last week, according to documents obtained by PEOPLE.

RELATED: Officer Who Shot Jacob Blake Returns to Work and 'Will Not Be Subjected to Discipline,' Police Say

The department added in a press release, "Those incidents are each being investigated independently. The victim has an underlying medical condition that may explain the behavior exhibited in the alleged incidents.”

Old 04-15-2021, 12:40 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,220,658 times
There’s more to the story that isn’t being told.

Old 04-15-2021, 12:44 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,329,280 times
"What if he was raping people in the neighborhood?"...how do you make this random leap?

Also worth noting, the man claiming he's apart of the "tight knit community" only moved there in the spring/summer 2020.

Old 04-15-2021, 12:46 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,417,747 times
I would like to see more video/know the full story before having any opinion.

Old 04-15-2021, 12:52 PM

19,029 posts, read 14,216,690 times
Censored by the Thought Police.
You really don't want to know.
You can't handle the truth.

Old 04-15-2021, 01:02 PM

379 posts, read 155,818 times
I’ve watched this a few times...if the guy doing the bullying in fact did it for no good reason than he’s a piece of trash. It would be interesting to see the hours (?) before this that led to the white people getting so upset.

I did see where what looked to be 50+ people that gathered outside the military guys home....they were yelling, shouting black power, yelling it was there job to make white racist uncomfortable, throwing stuff at his home, etc.

Old 04-15-2021, 04:35 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,542,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VashTheStampede View Post
Turns out it really was a tight nit community as the man stated. They all rallied against him...
Exactly!

Old 04-15-2021, 04:42 PM

8,070 posts, read 12,790,933 times
I am going with "There is more to this story" rather than "White racist shoves poor black man". There were two other complaints lodged against the "victim" from other neighbors. Why was this guy lurking outside of the guy's home? Do you really think the white guy confronted him for just walking down the sidewalk?

Furthermore, he asked the "victim" to move along several times. The "victim" refused. Either the "victim" had mental issues which his caretakers failed to consider OR he was trying to provoke an incident.

In conclusion, I am betting there is more to this story. Seems like just being black excuses many transgressions these days.

Old 04-15-2021, 04:56 PM

2,828 posts, read 825,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
No surprise at the knee jerk reactions and instant rush to judgement that this was a 'racist' attack, complete with dozens of morons actually showing up to the house to protest.

It's interesting how the police chief is toeing the woke party line, with the usual grandstanding fluff about not tolerating 'bullies' in their neighborhoods. Yet this same police chief refuses to address what the Black guy was allegedly doing in that neighborhood and his actions that possibly led to the confrontation.

According to one eyewitness, apparently this Black guy was unnecessarily hassling some people in that neighborhood. The eyewitness saw some Black women lead the Black guy away and thought that any problems were over, but then started filming when that Army Sgt. decided to confront the guy. I don't necessarily fault that Army guy for being angry when outsiders go into your neighborhood and start hassling others in it (the Black guy claimed to live in that area but never answers where exactly). And not once did he say anything or even remotely act racist in any way towards the guy.

But, never let the entire situation get in the way of a few minutes of video taken out of context, that gives career protesters a wonderful opportunity to show what badass community activists they are. These 'activists' are posting his address online and basically encouraging people to show up and hassle him. Moronic.

https://www.postandcourier.com/colum...dec9cb635.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TzXWZn92Xo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Bh31RO9CCY
Another case of an incomplete video and we are supposed to judge who was right or wrong. I will say this from what I saw, I doubt the soldier would have confronted him if he wasn't guilty of doing something suspicious and since I didn't see the whole video and don't know the whole story I will reserve judgment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies