Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2021, 06:48 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04Eg9LvE91k

Time to pay the piper!
You cannot slander, libel and lie about people.
Part of natural common law, is a right to good reputation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2021, 07:26 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,597,924 times
Two years ago I would have been horrified.

Today... meh. I prefer though, they be broken up or regulated. They are clearly acting as monopolies.

Old 04-16-2021, 08:09 AM

1,974 posts, read 1,104,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post

Today... meh. I prefer though, they be broken up or regulated. They are clearly acting as monopolies.
Or people could quit supporting anti free speech/voter integrity platforms, coca cola is already walking it back.

People need to take this woke crazy seriously, stop taking a knee and run these fools out of business.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archiv...-get-along.php
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...ure-from-right

Quote:
After Coca-Cola’s denunciation, the pendulum swung back the other way, and the company became a target for those on the Right who were upset about Coca-Cola’s stance on the bill.

Former President Donald Trump called on his supporters to boycott the soft drink manufacturer, among other companies, as did Republican Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky. “Don’t go back to their products until they relent. We can play the game better than them,” Trump said in an April 3 statement.

Sen. Pat Toomey, the ranking member of the Banking Committee, told the Washington Examiner on Monday, “Many conservatives will inevitably choose to walk away from these businesses” involved in pushing back against the voting law.

Coca-Cola’s newest statement to the Washington Examiner calling for “common ground” and noting that it is open to “productive conversations with advocacy groups and lawmakers” of differing views might be a sign that it is trying to tamp down the pressure from both sides of the political spectrum.

Delta Air Lines, Georgia’s largest private employer, which has also faced GOP backlash over the voting law, was likewise not a signatory on the two-page ad that ran in the major newspapers on Wednesday. Delta declined to comment when contacted by the Washington Examiner.

Old 04-16-2021, 08:18 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,293,021 times
Break them up.

Old 04-16-2021, 08:49 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,443,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
Break them up.
Oh, we can't do that. The Left tells us these are private companies and can do as they please. Of course they aren't so quick to support Wall Street private companies, large manufacturers, places like Walmart, etc. Those companies are bad and don't have the right to do what they want. Leftist companies who support "their" agenda are given a free pass. It is similar to Chinese and Russian propaganda.

I agree, time to break them up. Break up any company that gets too large and obtains too much control. Funny how this used to be central to the democrat's platform. Now they are the party of big tech control and censorship.

Old 04-16-2021, 08:56 AM

17,310 posts, read 12,260,346 times
I don't see how anyone views any of the social media properties as monopolies. There are multiple that are hot right now. And as soon as grandparents find their way on to one platform the younger folks jump to a new one. Competition is fierce, not stifled.

Old 04-16-2021, 08:59 AM

34,235 posts, read 18,590,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post

They are acting like Utilities and Monopolies. It would be as if AT&T broke into your phone conversation and censored what you are saying. If you didn't stop, they would just cut you off with no recourse. That is EXACTLY what is happening with Google, Youtube (Google), Twitter, Facebook, Apple, MSN and the rest.

Leftists are fine with the destruction of freedom as long as it is Far Left in action, thought and content.

Old 04-16-2021, 09:07 AM

17,310 posts, read 12,260,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
They are acting like Utilities and Monopolies. It would be as if AT&T broke into your phone conversation and censored what you are saying. If you didn't stop, they would just cut you off with no recourse. That is EXACTLY what is happening with Google, Youtube (Google), Twitter, Facebook, Apple, MSN and the rest.

Leftists are fine with the destruction of freedom as long as it is Far Left in action, thought and content.
Most of the left people I know have fled Facebook because it has become overrun with the extreme right spreading conspiracy theories... Younger folks don't even have an account and are on SnapChat/TikTok instead.

Old 04-16-2021, 11:34 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rom623 View Post
Or people could quit supporting anti free speech/voter integrity platforms, coca cola is already walking it back.

People need to take this woke crazy seriously, stop taking a knee and run these fools out of business.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archiv...-get-along.php
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...ure-from-right
I have been a daily Coca-Cola drinker for 40 + years... Many I have to have my Coke!
But, after their huge screw up, trying to virtue signal, I have been buying the HEB store brand of Cola.... Not as good, but will do.

Old 04-16-2021, 02:11 PM

34,235 posts, read 18,590,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Most of the left people I know have fled Facebook because it has become overrun with the extreme right spreading conspiracy theories... Younger folks don't even have an account and are on SnapChat/TikTok instead.
I am not on any of the social media sites but there are many, many examples of Facebook censoring conservative content and banning conservatives. The company is run by and employees mostly Far Leftists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies