Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2021, 06:40 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,473,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaleyRocks View Post
It’s insane. It’s also reached the point that the term racist is no longer an insult- it’s become so overused it’s reached “boy who cried wolf” levels of credibility.

I remember when I was working on my second masters degree and one of my professors told me I’m racist, I just didn’t know it. That’s when I realized how absurd things have become.
It's become normalized which is what they wanted. People will be more willing to accept that the entire system is racist if "racist" has become a normal everyday word you hear.

The ideology is ratcheting. It never gives an inch back. They use what is called a Motte and Bailey doctrine.

Quote:
A Motte and Bailey castle is a medieval system of defence in which a stone tower on a mound (the Motte) is surrounded by an area of pleasantly habitable land (the Bailey), which in turn is encompassed by some sort of a barrier, such as a ditch. Being dark and dank, the Motte is not a habitation of choice. The only reason for its existence is the desirability of the Bailey, which the combination of the Motte and ditch makes relatively easy to retain despite attack by marauders. When only lightly pressed, the ditch makes small numbers of attackers easy to defeat as they struggle across it: when heavily pressed the ditch is not defensible, and so neither is the Bailey. Rather, one retreats to the insalubrious but defensible, perhaps impregnable, Motte. Eventually the marauders give up, when one is well placed to reoccupy desirable land.

For my original purposes the desirable but only lightly defensible territory of the Motte and Bailey castle, that is to say, the Bailey, represents philosophical propositions with similar properties: desirable to their proponents but only lightly defensible. The Motte represents the defensible but undesired propositions to which one retreats when hard pressed.

Diagnosis of a philosophical doctrine as being a Motte and Bailey Doctrine is invariably fatal. Once made it is relatively obvious to those familiar with the doctrine that the doctrine’s survival required a systematic vacillation between exploiting the desired territory and retreating to the Motte when pressed. Clearly, the diagnosis is not confined to philosophical doctrines: others may suffer the same malady.
Motte and Bailey Doctrines | Practical Ethics

Last edited by BigJon3475; 04-16-2021 at 06:48 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2021, 09:21 PM

2,022 posts, read 1,741,861 times
Conversation with a neighbor.

Neighbor: "I heard you are looking for a new puppy. Check out the GBLKD."
Me: "A what?"
Neighbor: "The Great Brown Longhair Kyrgyz Dachshund. Fabulous breed. I heard Oprah and her partner are getting one direct from Kyrgyzstan."
Me: "No way. They have too much hair, short legs, and bring in all the fleas."
Neighbor: "You racist. Oprah has great legs and she doesn't have any fleas."
Me: "I was talking about the dogs. The AKC doesn't recommend them."
Neighbor: "You racist. Next time your Tobi pees on our fence I report it."
Me: "What if I get a Black Russian?"
Neighbor: "You racist. Russians are all white. The bastards. You racist."
Me: "I was thinking about the Black Russian Terrier. They have plenty of hair too but at least their legs are long."
Neighbor: "You racist. Next time your Tobi looks at a squirrel I report it. You racist."

Last edited by mgforshort; 04-16-2021 at 09:33 PM..

Old 04-16-2021, 09:45 PM

608 posts, read 239,691 times
What -isn't- racist in this day and age?

Any harm done / blame given to a white person, regardless of evidence, is not racist.

Any harm done / blame given by a black person, regardless of evidence, is not racist.

That's about it.

Old 04-17-2021, 04:39 AM

3,749 posts, read 1,444,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
It seems as though EVERYTHING that liberals do not like is "racist".

It has become absurd, ridiculous and extremely fatiguing. Instead of responding to any legitimate questions or concerns, the libs now say that such inquiries are "racist" and refuse to say anything more.

Have we reached the point of peak liberal lunacy yet?
It's called a moral panic with these folks who see racism all the time.

Old 04-17-2021, 04:44 AM

27,576 posts, read 28,680,428 times
The problem is that you cannot appear to have the slightest hint of a negative opinion about minorities for any reason without automatically being labeled a racist.

Freedom of thought and conscience are completely dead in the public sphere. Racists are the Salem witches of the 21st century.

Old 04-17-2021, 04:48 AM

26,507 posts, read 15,084,039 times
A lot of leftists use the word racist as a microaggression. They know it really isn't racist but want to attack anything they deem "white," "conservative," or "traditional."

Old 04-17-2021, 04:50 AM

7,375 posts, read 3,536,587 times
Liberals are just better, smarter people.we are more educated you know and control more than we ever have before. We know what is best for everyone. Get on board for your own good. Progress always wins in the end.

Old 04-17-2021, 04:55 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,525,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
Liberals are just better, smarter people.we are more educated you know and control more than we ever have before. We know what is best for everyone. Get on board for your own good. Progress always wins in the end.
I've come to realise this is the truth.

I would like to convert and become a liberal. Can you give some guidance on the things I need to renounce as I start the transition?

Old 04-17-2021, 04:56 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,013,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaleyRocks View Post
It’s insane. It’s also reached the point that the term racist is no longer an insult- it’s become so overused it’s reached “boy who cried wolf” levels of credibility.

I remember when I was working on my second masters degree and one of my professors told me I’m racist, I just didn’t know it. That’s when I realized how absurd things have become.
You were working on your second masters and the concept of implicit bias eluded you? Where did you get thst degree ITT tech?

Old 04-17-2021, 06:25 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,473,584 times
Quote:
When I first took the implicit association test a few years ago, I was happy with my results: The test found that I had no automatic preference against white or black people. According to this test, I was a person free of racism, even at the subconscious level.

I took the IAT again a few days later. This time, I wasn’t so happy with my results: It turns out I had a slight automatic preference for white people. According to this, I was a little racist at the subconscious level — against black people.

Then I took the test again later on. This time, my results genuinely surprised me: It found once again that I had a slight automatic preference — only now it was in favor of black people. I was racist, but against white people, according to the test.
https://www.vox.com/identities/2017/...on-test-racism

The IAT is completely bogus. Not only are the results of taking the test unrepeatable what results they do claim are legit amount to tens of milliseconds difference in a reaction based on something like the color of one’s face.

You disgusting racist. You probably have crooked teeth too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies