Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2021, 01:53 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,192,887 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Still too high. Interesting how you’re thanking him for paying so much and reaching Obuma numbers.
I see that comprehending sarcasm and satire are not in your wheelhouse. Go back and read the post again.

And what does Obama have to do with anything?

Quote:
Not so disingenuous. Those states are both a mess. Rioters turning Minneapolis into a cesspool and folks are defecating on the sidewalks in California.
Uh, hardly. Minnesota and California have different economies and demand, and whatever "mess" they're in doesn't have as much bearing on the price of gasoline as do local and state taxes, distance from refineries, and a dozen or more other variables. Certainly the "mess" you're describing are irrelevant to the conversation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2021, 05:40 PM

2,490 posts, read 2,545,678 times
Smh

Imma pray for yall

Old 04-17-2021, 06:36 PM

1,803 posts, read 935,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnifor View Post
I live in Minnesota and I never saw gas that cheap last year. The lowest it got was a dollar and change.

Gas in the Midwest is artificially cheap because low pipeline capacity has led to oil from Alberta and North Dakota creating a glut of oil in this part of the country so Midwestern refineries pay a lower price for oil than the international market price. Ironically all the pipelines that certain people want built will raise the price of gas here.
The radicals doing their usual demonizing and radicalness. Don't want a CIVIL and TRUE REASON for a huge Nation as the US .... can have these wide gaps....

They want to live in extremism to eventually have this Nation break up even....

Old 04-17-2021, 06:46 PM

13,685 posts, read 9,009,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
I don't ever remember gas at $.85 a gallon. Wow! Gas wasn't that price in my neck of the woods!

I can recall gas at 25 cents per gallon. One local gas station would have 'sales' on the weekend, down to 18 cents.

Yet, my memory goes back to 1973 or so. Before the OPEC embargo.

I also recall that my job paid the minimum wage of $1.65 per hour.

Yet, with that pay, I could: buy gas for my car; pay for an apartment (some $50 per month); pay for a gallon of milk (50 cents); pay for a pack of cigarettes, a six pack of beer AND a pack of peanuts, all for $2.00.

That, with $1.65 per hour.

What now?

Old 04-17-2021, 06:56 PM

828 posts, read 416,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Funny how supply and demand works, eh?
Yes, Biden will kill the supply part.

"The highpoint for US oil production is likely in the rearview mirror," Fitzmaurice said.
Rapidan Energy projects the United States will produce about 1 million fewer barrels per day in 2023 than if Trump had won a second term.

Old 04-17-2021, 07:04 PM

1,803 posts, read 935,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I can recall gas at 25 cents per gallon. One local gas station would have 'sales' on the weekend, down to 18 cents.

Yet, my memory goes back to 1973 or so. Before the OPEC embargo.

I also recall that my job paid the minimum wage of $1.65 per hour.

Yet, with that pay, I could: buy gas for my car; pay for an apartment (some $50 per month); pay for a gallon of milk (50 cents); pay for a pack of cigarettes, a six pack of beer AND a pack of peanuts, all for $2.00.

That, with $1.65 per hour.

What now?
Yep,
- leaded gas,
- our American cars that rusted waaaay too quick.
- you need new exhaust, steering, gas pump, celluloid... and on in yearly
- still not a. Big change to having to pump your own gas.
- gas stations gave gold or green stamos to save to by goods.
- I remember Sunoco gace out Aluminum and bronze coins with depictions of antique cars to other things.... you collected in things you could frame and kids loved to from their parents.

Oh.... and but at least... NO NICE HOA FEES tacked onto rents. OMG what a addition today.... glad I always owned from mid 20s.

Better music and thru the 80s.... and if intoxicated ... you local police would drive your arse home even ....

Old 04-18-2021, 05:12 AM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
I don't ever remember gas at $.85 a gallon. Wow! Gas wasn't that price in my neck of the woods!
I do magoo. Back around 1983 thru 1985 i thought it was the end of the world at $80+ cents a gal pal. I had my 1972 green lean machine back then a v8 Belair that got 10 mpg.

I just got rid of a modded 700hp 2021 Camaro last month thanks to gas prices going to $3.75 a gal for prem. Got a EV now and never have to get gas a again fran. Soon it will be $5+ a gal and then 6.

As for shipping prices it went way up back in 2005.

Old 04-18-2021, 05:16 AM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
How was the economy doing last April?

Gas prices crashed similarly in late 2008 after Freddie and Fannie went belly up. They overcorrected in 2011 when the economy started to show signs of life. Same thing is happening right now.
Gas dropped like a rock in late 2008 thanks to Bush 2 and his two failed wars and the housing crash he caused. Then in later spring of 2009 it started going up as Obama wanted high gas prices slice.

Old 04-18-2021, 05:21 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone26 View Post
So stay out of California then!

That was easy!
And don’t buy gas in the summertime and stay out of tourist towns.

Old 04-18-2021, 05:23 AM

23,559 posts, read 17,227,205 times
Obama said energy costs would skyrocket under his energy plan and people voted for him.

O's energy czar said we need to raise our gas prices to that of europe. Biden was by his side nodding his head.

biden is implementing Obama's energy plan on steroids and the people voted for him.... but it still took big tech corruption to put that dem primary loser in the WH.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies