Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2021, 08:59 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times

Advertisements

The bi-weekly post about Biden causing the gas prices to rise when every expert in the world is reporting that global increase in demand for oil combined with OPEC's strategy to hold supply low is the primary cause of oil prices.

Here we go again.

How many times .......too many times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2021, 09:15 PM

2,942 posts, read 1,638,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Democrats are the party of scarcity and inflation.

Shipping prices triple and now the cost to that transport that product is skyrocketing also because diesel prices are surging like a rocket with Joe Biden/Kamala Harris.

Millionaires like Kamala Harris, Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi love high gas prices because they want to manipulate the public into buying electric cars which the Pelosi's are heavily invested in.

The shipping costs have tripled in a year and diesel prices are skyrocketing like no one could have ever dreamed of last year.

Many of the ports are located in Los Angeles and a gallon of diesel average $4.11

All this while shipping cost index has gone from $1,331 last February to $4,267 currently.

https://gasprices.aaa.com/?state=CA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_7aTdc360U

https://foxbaltimore.com/news/nation...c-vehicle-plan
Unlike Trump, Biden is not a fan of fossil fuel. He could careless if gas went over $10 a gallon. That's your problem. We are all going to be Madmaxing soon, under Biden.

Old 04-16-2021, 09:20 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwest09 View Post
Unlike Trump, Biden is not a fan of fossil fuel. He could careless if gas went over $10 a gallon. That's your problem. We are all going to be Madmaxing soon, under Biden.
“Madmaxing” would be great tv. Biden supporters wouldn’t fare well, and there would be a lot of hurt feelings.

Old 04-16-2021, 09:22 PM

8,500 posts, read 4,744,511 times
I’m not sure why folks who vote for the party which preaches greater adherence to market forces refuses to acknowledge basic supply and demand in how fuel prices have been increasing. I mean...duh...

Biden probably isn’t helping, but if you think the President is so powerful that he sets fuel prices, you’re placing even more power in your head to a President than he already has in reality...and that’s saying A LOT, since Presidents already wield far more power than intended.

That said, I’m glad I have a cheap ass old $2500 beater with virtually no maintenance, no cares about door dings, and 40+MPG. Let them eat cake...I’ve never even been able to stuff double-digit gallons in my tank, and pretty much always hit near, or better than, 400 miles between fillups. It’s nice to weather fuel price volatility without thinking about it too much, and I get the side bonus of a really nicely shifting stick, manual steering which is light but provides so much feedback that I may never want to go back to power steering, and double wishbone suspension which grants both a nice ride and a flickable demeanor, plus an airy cabin with lots of glass and visibility. It’s actually low-key fun to be this cheap.

Last edited by jcp123; 04-16-2021 at 09:33 PM..

Old 04-16-2021, 09:28 PM

41,965 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Gas is down 15-20 cents a gallon in suburban Philly since about a month ago. Thanks, President Biden!

Oh, and comparing Minnesota and California? Disingenuous, and that's the kindest thing I can think of to say about the original post.

Old 04-16-2021, 09:31 PM

4,960 posts, read 2,238,771 times
Quote:

Shipping prices triple and now the cost to that transport that product is skyrocketing also because diesel prices are surging like a rocket with Joe Biden/Kamala Harris.

Millionaires like Kamala Harris, Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi love high gas prices because they want to manipulate the public into buying electric cars which the Pelosi's are heavily invested in.

The shipping costs have tripled in a year and diesel prices are skyrocketing like no one could have ever dreamed of last year.

Many of the ports are located in Los Angeles and a gallon of diesel average $4.11

All this while shipping cost index has gone from $1,331 last February to $4,267 currently.

https://gasprices.aaa.com/?state=CA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_7aTdc360U

https://foxbaltimore.com/news/nation...c-vehicle-plan
Regardless of gas prices, I am thankful that I do not reside in the land of pompous multi-millionaire celebrities and homeless encampments.

Old 04-16-2021, 09:32 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Gas is down 15-20 cents a gallon in suburban Philly since about a month ago. Thanks, President Biden!

Oh, and comparing Minnesota and California? Disingenuous, and that's the kindest thing I can think of to say about the original post.
Still too high. Interesting how you’re thanking him for paying so much and reaching Obuma numbers.

Not so disingenuous. Those states are both a mess. Rioters turning Minneapolis into a cesspool and folks are defecating on the sidewalks in California.

Old 04-17-2021, 12:59 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone26 View Post
So stay out of California then!

That was easy!
But it's not that easy. Nobody wants to move to Minnesota or Oklahoma just because the price of gas is far cheaper there! Maybe Texas, though.

Old 04-17-2021, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Did you conveniently forgive Republicans for their President Ford, infamous for promoting his WIN button--Whip Inflation Now!

Old 04-17-2021, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92greenyj View Post
Gas is always at least $1.20 more per gallon in Kommiefornia than the rest of the country. This is because of a couple of things.
1. The special California blend gasoline required by CARB that is ONLY produced at 2 refineries in the whole country.
2. An excessive state tax per gallon that continues to rise because of the morons that actually voted yes on the prop two years or so ago that gives Newscum permission to raise it anytime he wants to.
3. Newscum has made clear his disdain for the internal combustion engine by his executive order banning the sale of new gasoline powered cars and trucks in the state by 2035.

Just two months to go until I am out of this hell hole.
TEXAS here you come? Price of gas in Dallas is as low as $2.24.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies