Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2021, 05:59 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,050,350 times

Advertisements

Retirees, plus others -- have life long dreams of living in warm client, near a beach -- they aren't going to change that dream because of DeSantis and some Sheriff.

I didn't even think of the politics of the places I have moved to in the USA. Good schools, nice communities, who cares if most people vote red or blue.

I voted Democrat. My best friends -- 4 of them -- here in my southeastern home voted Republican. We know it...we acknowledge it and we survive. They live in a red state but in a very blue community.

It doesn't matter. It doesn't take away from our day to day living.

You are naive to think that people will change their mind because of this guy.

And reality -- most people will never hear about him....lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2021, 06:01 PM

4,961 posts, read 2,243,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I don't know how you came to the conclusion that I was specifically addressing Florida residents.

Defensive?

I was referring to the level of intelligence in this thread.

It's okay -- I know lots of people who live in Florida and respect them. I love going to Sarasota............DEstin has some of the nicest beaches anywhere.

Florida is a lovely state and I don't have any problem living there no matter what the sheriff says (I would vote against DeSantis).

Yeah, I am defensive in that you would vote against the policies that make Florida a lovely state. This is why we don't want you here. If I wanted to live in a blue city/state, I'd move to one.

The responses in this thread are authored by many Floridians. So if you think we are unintelligent, why would you choose to live among us?

Old 04-21-2021, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Not defensive at all. It’s what you said.

Can’t argue that as there’s folks saying that DeSantis and Judd are going to have an impact on folks coming to Florida.

Great. Hopefully you’re spending all you can afford.

Great for you. Of course you’d vote against him. That’s a given, as you’d obviously only vote blue no matter who the candidates are.
I most definitely did not say anything about the residents of Florida. You made that up.

I said the level of intelligence in THIS thread... That in itself doesn't even suggest everyone participating has a love level of intelligence -- just that IN THIS THREAD the level of intelligence is low.

It happens. Sometimes folks go down that rabbit hole and go all in.

I will repeat -- Florida has some amazing places to live, work, play.

i don't care what the politics are -- I may move there one day.

I guess that will irritate this sheriff. He won't even know -- me and my kind just quietly vote and don't make a fuss...he won't know what happened (I'm having fun now -- relax -- I don't believe my vote would flip the state -- lol -- I'm kidding -- relax).

Old 04-21-2021, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
Yeah, I am defensive in that you would vote against the policies that make Florida a lovely state. This is why we don't want you here. If I wanted to live in a blue city/state, I'd move to one.

The responses in this thread are authored by many Floridians. So if think we are unintelligent, why would you choose to live among us?
Florida is a lovely state because it has nice beaches.

I live in a red state, voted blue last time because Trump. Day to day -- I don't notice I live in a red state. I don't care for many of the policies but day to day -- doesn't impact me.

Some sheriff making a show for the fans would not deter me from moving to a red state.

Old 04-21-2021, 06:05 PM

22,485 posts, read 12,029,286 times
Quote:
You are delusional if you think this will have an impact on someone's decision to move to Florida.
So...where would you rather live? A) A place where they have solid laws to deal with rioters or; B) A place that allows BLM/antifa to riot, loot, burn and attack innocent people with impunity?

Not only which place you would rather live but also which place would you rather go for a vacation?

Old 04-21-2021, 06:06 PM

4,961 posts, read 2,243,887 times
Quote:
Florida is a lovely state because it has nice beaches.

I live in a red state, voted blue last time because Trump. Day to day -- I don't notice I live in a red state. I don't care for many of the policies but day to day -- doesn't impact me.

Some sheriff making a show for the fans would not deter me from moving to a red state.
Well, that is disappointing.

Old 04-21-2021, 06:08 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,239,607 times
Quote:
Retirees, plus others -- have life long dreams of living in warm client, near a beach -- they aren't going to change that dream because of DeSantis and some Sheriff.

I didn't even think of the politics of the places I have moved to in the USA. Good schools, nice communities, who cares if most people vote red or blue.

I voted Democrat. My best friends -- 4 of them -- here in my southeastern home voted Republican. We know it...we acknowledge it and we survive. They live in a red state but in a very blue community.

It doesn't matter. It doesn't take away from our day to day living.

You are naive to think that people will change their mind because of this guy.

And reality -- most people will never hear about him....lol.
Who said they would?

It’s become a big deal on voting red or blue. Blue cities are turning into cesspools with no end in sight.

Right, you’ll vote Democrat no matter what.

You’re calling the libs here that claim it will, naive. I’ve already said many times it won’t, but the anti riot Bill will deter criminals from being criminals.

Who said most people will hear about him?

Old 04-21-2021, 06:09 PM

4,922 posts, read 2,066,593 times
I think the sheriff was right with his message since all the refugees fleeing from New York/New Jersey and California, will vote for the same stupid sheet that caused them to flee their home States in the first place... Liberals cannot help themselves.

Old 04-21-2021, 06:10 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,239,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
Well, that is disappointing.

They’re not coming to Florida. Take too many stimmies.

Old 04-21-2021, 06:10 PM

8,525 posts, read 4,762,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
So...where would you rather live? A) A place where they have solid laws to deal with rioters or; B) A place that allows BLM/antifa to riot, loot, burn and attack innocent people with impunity?

Not only which place you would rather live but also which place would you rather go for a vacation?
Or C) a place which isn’t so *bleep*ing swept up in politics that cops actually behave kinda normally, and the folks who live there do, too.

Neither people nor cops behave on any kind of a strict political norm. Relax a bit, things aren’t entirely OK, but...they’re basically OK.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies