Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2021, 06:04 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,443,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Not comfortable with law enforcement taking an antagonistic position with roughly half the citizens, simply for the way they exercise their democratic right to vote. Not good.

That's kinda the start of fascism I mean, when law enforcement can be coerced into fulfilling political as well as public safety roles.
In case you haven’t noticed, the country is at war with progressives. They are anarchists and insurrectionists and want to destroy the country. Most on the left and right don’t want that. Sure, it’s popular to be anti America, but in private nobody but the progressives want the country destroyed. He’s just pointing out the obvious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2021, 06:07 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Great for him and great for DeSantis. Need more governors to grow a set and put laws like this into effect.
Laws like what?

Old 04-21-2021, 06:17 AM

7,595 posts, read 6,089,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Sorry, I was tired. MrsM had knee surgery and I haven't had much sleep and posted in wrong forum. I've asked Mods to please move to P&OC
I hope she is OK Take good care of her

My Old Lady is recovering from a hospital stay as well, just came home Monday night, so I am not taking any photos right now either.

I hope both of our better halves feel better soon

Grady is a great guy. He does love attention, and a big part of his process is to shame wrong-doers, be it Johns, speeder, druggies or members of his own department when they mess up.

Old 04-21-2021, 06:23 AM

57,314 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
My bad. You are right. I saw the pictures and thought it was the video of him talking about the bill they just signed. I think it happened in the same news conference. Regardless, he is right. Most people on the left and right don’t want what is happening in other parts of the country. The reality is if you don’t want that in your area don’t vote in progressives. It really is that simple.
Do you really think passing an anti-rioting will have any effect, if that were true they could just pass a bill like that in Chicago and it would solve the problem. This is just pandering to peoples fears pure and simple.

Old 04-21-2021, 06:29 AM

25,744 posts, read 12,824,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Funny, I've never thought to consult the local sheriff on how I should vote. I don't see that changing any time soon.
Maybe that is why much of Michigan is a craphole, and why we see so many Michiganders down here in Florida.

I doubt the Libs have learned their lessons on voting Lib though. They'll trash Florida just like they did the places they came from.

Libs are like a massive swarm of Locusts....destroying everything in their paths. The best thing you can do is try to stay far away from them, but then they keep following you around, so you have to move.

I've moved away from them several times in my life. Look at my profile...its all there.

Old 04-21-2021, 06:31 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,595,161 times
I like the rioting law.
But
Him telling people how to vote is extremely dangerous. Imagine if it was a left of center sheriff telling people to vote Dem.

Old 04-21-2021, 06:44 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Maybe that is why much of Michigan is a craphole, and why we see so many Michiganders down here in Florida.

I doubt the Libs have learned their lessons on voting Lib though. They'll trash Florida just like they did the places they came from.

Libs are like a massive swarm of Locusts....destroying everything in their paths. The best thing you can do is try to stay far away from them, but then they keep following you around, so you have to move.

I've moved away from them several times in my life. Look at my profile...its all there.

I've been all over Florida, too. People in glass houses.....

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...20/3865157001/

Old 04-21-2021, 06:47 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
Sheriff's are elected !!!

They are used to telling people how to vote !!!

Old 04-21-2021, 06:55 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Laws like what?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost....riot-bill/amp/

Old 04-21-2021, 07:17 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
In case you haven’t noticed, the country is at war with progressives. They are anarchists and insurrectionists and want to destroy the country. Most on the left and right don’t want that. Sure, it’s popular to be anti America, but in private nobody but the progressives want the country destroyed. He’s just pointing out the obvious.
This post is a bunch of unmitigated BS.

Everything wonderful thing we hold dear about this country was due to the diligent efforts of progressives in our history. It is literally what makes America great. Throughout our history people saw the good potential in this country, and sought to achieve it, to make it a better place for everyone.

That has not changed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies