Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2021, 06:42 PM

22,541 posts, read 12,123,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Things are not "OK" in this country. We have one political party that is actively waging war on law enforcement, the Supreme Court, the Constitution, working Americans, the idea of having a border, having free speech, and the list goes on and on. For God's sake, major cities have been taken over by anarchists and left wing extremists in more than one city. And you think this is "basically OK"????

The country is in its death throes and your post proves it.
I couldn't rep you again...so...Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2021, 06:44 PM

22,541 posts, read 12,123,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelized Onion View Post
That's a whole lotta drama in one post. Where I live, things are fine, as I suspect they are in 99% of the country.
And, where do you live? You can't assume that just because your area didn't have problems that 99% of the country is exactly the same.

Old 04-21-2021, 07:15 PM

12,092 posts, read 6,632,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Things are not "OK" in this country. We have one political party that is actively waging war on law enforcement, the Supreme Court, the Constitution, working Americans, the idea of having a border, having free speech, and the list goes on and on. For God's sake, major cities have been taken over by anarchists and left wing extremists in more than one city. And you think this is "basically OK"????

The country is in its death throes and your post proves it.
Democrats hold all the levers of power in this country —our education system, the media, entertainment industry, social media, most of the lawyers and justice system, corporate America, the intelligence industry, the military, the sports industry, and possibly soon the Supreme Court.
They are untouchable. They know it and can get away with the depth of anarchy and corruption not seen in my generation.....

Old 04-21-2021, 07:25 PM

14,831 posts, read 7,453,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Democrats hold all the levers of power in this country
Only because Trump pissed away like a fool all the power the right had. Pick someone better (maybe even DeSantis), and the R party can easily come back.

History has shown one party rarely holds all the political branches for more than 2 years, and that patten will probably hold this time.

Old 04-21-2021, 07:28 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,337,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Only because Trump pissed away like a fool all the power the right had. Pick someone better (maybe even DeSantis), and the R party can easily come back.

History has shown one party rarely holds all the political branches for more than 2 years, and that patten will probably hold this time.
It’s interesting how Dems blame most everything on because Trump, no matter what it is, lol.

Old 04-21-2021, 07:30 PM

17,523 posts, read 24,764,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalday View Post
And this is posted under Photography.....why?
With the Governor there cheering him on I assume it applies to the entire state. Since I can think of no reason to go there I will simply avoid it.

Old 04-21-2021, 07:34 PM

57,404 posts, read 26,416,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I wonder if anyone arrested by this guy will now have a basis for bias due to the police chiefs views of their politics.

If youre a cop of any sort you should not be saying stuff like this while in uniform.
True but sheriffs in Florida and other southern states have a rather rich history, none of it good.

Old 04-21-2021, 07:35 PM

518 posts, read 450,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
No, you need to put the shoe on the other foot mentally to see why this is bad.

How would you feel as a conservative, if say you lived in a district with a D sheriff, and he decided that one of his duties as the top LEO in the district was to shame you for voting R.

What do you mean by "how WOULD you feel as a conservative..." It's already happening in this country against conservatives. The country's chief law enforcement agency has decided one of its main duties is to actually apply IN PRACTICE a two tiered system of justice and one set of rules for conservatives or anyone they feel even dares not tow the DNC and their agency's party line and another set of rules for the DNC and anyone that opposes conservatives. That's how a once revered law enforcement agency can send 13 agents and call an extremely common garage door pull down rope hanging on a garage door at a NASCAR facility an act of "domestic terrorism" while at the same time refusing to call the attempted assassination of Republican lawmakers on a baseball field domestic terrorism minimizing that incident to an act of "suicide by cop". To in any way suggest or insinuate that Democrats moving to Florida are in danger of political retribution from a local sheriff in the same way conservatives already likely are from the most powerful law enforcement agency in the world is laughable.

Old 04-21-2021, 07:35 PM

1,503 posts, read 612,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Retirees, plus others -- have life long dreams of living in warm client, near a beach -- they aren't going to change that dream because of DeSantis and some Sheriff.

I didn't even think of the politics of the places I have moved to in the USA. Good schools, nice communities, who cares if most people vote red or blue.

I voted Democrat. My best friends -- 4 of them -- here in my southeastern home voted Republican. We know it...we acknowledge it and we survive. They live in a red state but in a very blue community.

It doesn't matter. It doesn't take away from our day to day living.

You are naive to think that people will change their mind because of this guy.

And reality -- most people will never hear about him....lol.
He was addressing people with at least some remnants of intelligence. People sometimes make a mistake - like voting for dems, but those with IQ > 0 can draw the logical conclusion "voted for dems -> their place became a cesspool".

Those who keep voting for dems after that are hopeless, since their IQ = 0, so yes, those non-sapient species would not pay attention to his words.

Old 04-21-2021, 07:38 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,290,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
It’s interesting how Dems blame most everything on because Trump, no matter what it is, lol.
And sometimes they are right. He did mess up big time and he is the main reason why Biden was elected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies