Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2021, 03:53 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
******QUESTION, what tax fraud trial?????
Tax evasion charges filed against Chauvin and soon to be ex wife last summer:

https://www.npr.org/sections/live-up...th-tax-evasion

https://www.startribune.com/tax-evas...ria/600011183/

Old 04-20-2021, 03:54 PM

2,828 posts, read 825,364 times
From a lawyer.

"Our systems are rigged. The state probably spent 10 times what the defense had available. The media contaminated the jury pool. The judge failed to sequester the jury and had them march through angry mobs demanding conviction, every day. The mayor demanded conviction, the president demanded conviction. The jury, if they had any common sense, would expect that an acquittal would endanger them and their families and their employers".

"I anticipate a wave of perps running away and nobody chasing. Perps refusing to be arrested and being allowed to walk off. Crime continuing to increase in Dem-controlled ****holes. Woke folk moving out of Dem-controlled ****holes and creating new Dem-controlled ****holes".

Old 04-20-2021, 03:54 PM

2,388 posts, read 2,342,073 times
Chauvin's an idiot. But guilty on all 3? It's Minneapolis so what did you expect I guess? He can appeal but who knows how that'll go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Who wants to be a cop now?
Specifically in these cities.

Old 04-20-2021, 03:55 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,414,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
My thoughts on Chauvin was that he got all caught up in pride. Once the bystanders started begging, it was almost like he just couldn't back off. To do so would be some sort of "weakness" to him. I'll never know if that was his motivation, but the look on his face at times during that video was a look I've seen in others who feel too prideful to backdown or realize they are wrong, so they just keep on to prove a point.
That's a great analysis imo. Many people, when you expressly and forcefully charge them with being in the wrong, will initially respond with fierce resistance and a prideful ego defense. We see it all the time in political discussion.

Old 04-20-2021, 03:55 PM

13,264 posts, read 7,316,697 times
He will get life without paroral it's done. His only chance is appeal I doubt that will go anywhere.

Old 04-20-2021, 03:57 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
He figured he could get away with murder, because so many of his fellow officers have done so before him.

I imagine Chauvin is pretty surprised that he wasn't allowed to just walk away the way so many cops have done for years.

Maybe real change is possible now. At any rate, at least one murdering cop is going to prison. It's a start.
During the trial I kept hearing that Chauvin was so worried that Floyd would overpower him. Doesn't appear he was too worried since he kept his hands in his pockets.

I just hope this is the beginning of police reform and that other bad cops will be hesitant to police like Chauvin did.

Old 04-20-2021, 03:58 PM

1,018 posts, read 641,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
I guess facts mean nothing to you? Brown people as you put it are less likely to be shot By police than whites. But don’t let facts get in the way of your emotions and hatred.

Btw - the jury has spoken and we must respect the process and honor the ruling. They heard everything and we did not. It will be interesting to see how the appeals go and even more interesting is how much damage BLM and ANTIFA will do these next few days. They are both insurrectionists so I don’t expect them to slow down the destruction at all.
George Floyd wasn't shot. That's a fact. Who said anything about being shot?

Old 04-20-2021, 03:58 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,634 posts, read 17,975,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
He will get life without paroral it's done. His only chance is appeal I doubt that will go anywhere.
Murder 2 carries a maximum of 25 years.

That's the most serious crime he's been found guilty of - I don't think he'll get 25 years.

Old 04-20-2021, 03:59 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,414,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Murder 2 carries a maximum of 25 years.

That's the most serious crime he's been found guilty of - I don't think he'll get 25 years.
Yeah I'd say probably no more than 10-15 given he has no priors.

Old 04-20-2021, 03:59 PM

23,601 posts, read 12,543,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
My thoughts on Chauvin was that he got all caught up in pride. Once the bystanders started begging, it was almost like he just couldn't back off. To do so would be some sort of "weakness" to him. I'll never know if that was his motivation, but the look on his face at times during that video was a look I've seen in others who feel too prideful to backdown or realize they are wrong, so they just keep on to prove a point.
I noticed that look too, but I got a different vibe out of it. He looked straight into the camera, knowing that video would be aired many times, and the look on his face was saying 'We made a deal and I'm doing what you want, now you hold up your end of the bargain'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies