Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2021, 04:26 PM

1,803 posts, read 945,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
"Chicago: 75% of Murdered Are Black, 71% of Murderers Are Black"

https://www.intellectualtakeout.org/...ers-are-black/
You read my post I just made a bit ago in another forum LOL..... hey means if White... you and I are very safe in Chicago LOL
Feel free to visit the city and enjoy its cultural AMERICA OFFERINGS. Afterall.... WE are the sum of our cities to the world....too. Just just a small town or suburb.

21,109 posts, read 13,658,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone26 View Post
I was actually sitting in a room with an officer at work when the verdict came out. The first thing they said was "Good!" They explained that they are trained to NOT do that, and that for an officer who was scared... he had his hands in his pockets (which is not what you would do if you were in fear). Another former officer chimed in and said, "that's not what we were trained to do. As a matter of fact, we were told to NOT do that..."

I don't think the verdict should be demoralizing to police. Someone went rogue (for whatever reason), and killed someone. He is as much of a crook as the person he was arresting, maybe even more. If a verdict to find him guilty is demoralizing, the police really need to take a long look in the mirror and ask themselves why.
Police nationwide made videos right after this happened saying it was wrong and they condemned him. It's why they knelt at protests. They were not knelling to protesters as some people say, they were kneeling in solidarity with the protesters.

1,032 posts, read 662,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICANRICAN View Post
This was a very tainted jury the cup will win his appeal!
Of course. It should have been 12 white cops handpicked by Chauvin. And the video should have been thrown out as evidence. Oh, and the higher ranking cops who testified AGAINST him, should have been thrown out too.

Anything else?

Old 04-20-2021, 04:27 PM

11,399 posts, read 11,143,623 times
This should do wonders for the recruitment efforts of PD's nationwide.

Newsflash to law enforcement professionals of all nationalities....

If a call comes across the radio regarding a crime being committed by a black male, turn the squad car around and drive fast in the opposite direction.

Old 04-20-2021, 04:28 PM

4,457 posts, read 5,346,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone26 View Post
I was actually sitting in a room with an officer at work when the verdict came out. The first thing they said was "Good!" They explained that they are trained to NOT do that, and that for an officer who was scared... he had his hands in his pockets (which is not what you would do if you were in fear). Another former officer chimed in and said, "that's not what we were trained to do. As a matter of fact, we were told to NOT do that..."

I don't think the verdict should be demoralizing to police. Someone went rogue (for whatever reason), and killed someone. He is as much of a crook as the person he was arresting, maybe even more. If a verdict to find him guilty is demoralizing, the police really need to take a long look in the mirror and ask themselves why.
You have your opinion, and you know what? Perhaps you're right; perhaps cops won't be demoralized.

But within the context of "defund the police" and all the anti-law enforcement animus by the left, coupled with the left's use of the threat of riots as a tool, cops are likely going to back off. "Ferguson Effect," only much larger.

Old 04-20-2021, 04:30 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,904,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
"I can't breathe" is a ploy used by criminals all the time.
Yeah, George obviously was faking it. He faked it right into the grave.

You are (unintentionally, I'm sure) hilarious.

Old 04-20-2021, 04:30 PM

316 posts, read 156,018 times
Default Thank You Officer Chauvin!

Nancy Pelosi says thank you to George Floyd for sacrificing his life for the leftist cause. I say thank you to Officer Chauvin for sacrificing his life to eliminate a thug thats no longer terrorizing women.

Special thanks to the other Minnesota cop, Atlanta cop, Baltimore cops and St Louis cops for doing the same thing. Everyone benefits except the criminals and thugs when we are able to eliminate them from society. The thugs hold back progress and keep racism alive longer than it needs to be.

Old 04-20-2021, 04:31 PM

4,994 posts, read 2,002,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Yeah, George was faking it. He faked it right into the grave.

You are (unintentionally, I'm sure) hilarious.

He had a massive dose of lethal drugs in his system. He was dying already.

Old 04-20-2021, 04:31 PM

2,418 posts, read 2,050,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Why does she get away with that crap, but Trump is put on trial for essentially the same thing?
Exactly. He took it one step further tho....I just watched good ol' Maxine spout her sage advice again. I did not hear her use the term "peacefully and patriotically march"....

I come from a family of many cops & LEOs on both sides, only 5 are still alive & only 2 are still active duty. I can say in my heart that all of them would agree that DC crossed the line but did not intentionally kill GF. He deserves a conviction of something, IMO, but I'm not in full agreement of the verdict returned.

Waters' comments did nothing but fan the flames of division, and send a message to the world that intimidation is condoned when it's perpetrated by a master of gaslighting.

Old 04-20-2021, 04:32 PM

15,905 posts, read 21,535,547 times
Y'all wouldn't be too pleased if we started taking out men who terrorize women with impunity.

I wish you would put this much energy into making sure that more than a handful of rapists ever saw a jail cell and that domestic abusers are prevented from accessing firearms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies