Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2021, 03:40 PM

46,319 posts, read 27,181,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
and they were told not to watch the news.
They went home for the weekend......

But, can you prove what you say...Is that what the judge said, or is it what you think he said, don't want msm thoughts, I want what the judge said.

Old 04-21-2021, 04:26 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,237,820 times
The judge told them to avoid media coverage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jr9kB-b4Zg&t=813s

Starts around 12:30 From the judges mouth to a member of the jury. This was during the jury selection phase.

Old 04-21-2021, 04:27 PM

28,343 posts, read 16,416,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
...Murder is a stretch, and comes off as political.
Based on what? The language in the 2nd degree unintentional murder that I quoted from the MN law earlier in the thread seemed to fit what happened pretty well, IMO.

Old 04-21-2021, 04:54 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,560,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
A travesty of justice, but what did you expect?

1. Floyd died of an overdose

2. Mad Max threatened the jurors

3. BLM said they were going to burn down the country

4. No juror in their right mind would put themselves and their community at risk and had no choice.

The cop is a trophy head on the wall of liberalism.
Reality awaits you.

Old 04-21-2021, 04:59 PM

13,346 posts, read 7,379,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Why did Chauvin do what he did? What benefit did he gain by doing it? The answer to my first question is, how could anyone possibly know? The answer to my second question is that he gained no benefit from it at all. Instead what he got is imprisonment, possibly for the rest of his life and condemnation by most members of our society. There's many people who get screwed-over by others, but Chauvin didn't need anyone else, as he screwed himself. He'll have to be completely isolated in prison, as he wouldn't survive a day if he was put in with other prisoners. I hope that all other police officers take a lesson from his self-inflicted fate.
Chauvin did it because he has done it in the past gotten away with it for him it was normal to do this. Chauvin had a history of excessive force yet no one every investigated, or considered those citizen complaints legitimate.

Sometimes bad officers are fired by a departments yet they are able to move to another state and get hired by another department. Something should have been done about that years ago we had a few bills in congress. Police unions lobby against them that's just not right police unions should not be supporting officers who are fired from departments get jobs again in other states.

Old 04-21-2021, 05:05 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,560,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
They went home for the weekend......

But, can you prove what you say...Is that what the judge said, or is it what you think he said, don't want msm thoughts, I want what the judge said.
The judge presiding over former officer Derek Chauvin's murder trial in downtown Minneapolis urged jurors not to watch the news after the first day concluded Monday.

Turning to jurors as he ended the proceedings Monday, Judge Peter Cahill told the assembled panel: "Have a good night and don’t watch the news,” according to The New York Times.

His remarks reportedly came after a video feed operated by Court TV being used to broadcast the trial on television cut out, forcing the court to adjourn for the day.
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...news-at-end-of
Notice the quotes.

Old 04-21-2021, 05:08 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,115,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior7 View Post
I’m surprised it took the jury that long , I’m sure their minds were all made up from day one what they were going to have to do , too scared to vote any other way , too bad all those people testifying was a waste of time , jury knew it too , I’m sure they fell asleep through most of it ,
If you made an assertion like this in a court of law you'd be laughed out the door.

Old 04-21-2021, 05:11 PM

1,885 posts, read 3,407,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
I thought you expected differently. Didn’t you post often about he was not going to be found guilty or am I mixing you up with another poster? You start that giant sticky thread if I’m remembering correctly.
Is this some revisionist history on your part?
His posts are the litmus for what’s NOT going to occur. Reality is always the exact opposite of whatever he predicts.

Old 04-21-2021, 05:18 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,115,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
I thought you expected differently. Didn’t you post often about he was not going to be found guilty or am I mixing you up with another poster? You start that giant sticky thread if I’m remembering correctly.
Is this some revisionist history on your part?
Same cat that was 100% certain that the 2020 election was going to be overturned.

Old 04-21-2021, 05:33 PM

25,858 posts, read 16,567,986 times
Murder 2 conviction in this case might be the worst injustice of the entire debacle. Jury was not sequestered and any one of them would have been doxxed immediately if they would have stepped out of line. They essentially had guns to their heads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies