Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2021, 06:34 PM

6,984 posts, read 2,705,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
The goal is to make it legal.
If you want to sell drugs legally, go to college and earn a pharmacy degree. CVS is always hiring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2021, 07:06 PM

13,455 posts, read 4,292,364 times
Quote:
The goal is to make it legal.

and what's the purpose of making it legal? more demand on people addicted to crack, meth and heroin and the rest on the other crap. You don't think taxes will go up so the government takes care of more addicts who can't produce in society?

I guess people addicted to meth, crack and heroin now are not enough. Let's make it more in demand and have more addicts. What could possibly go wrong for the rest of us?

People don't think this in the long term. Add that the government will be declaring war on any person that don't buy from them or pay their taxes on their addictions (funny but ignorant) and jail people that sell the junk underground which won't go away if the demand grows, it will get worse.

They want to take out the violence by only having the government controlling the addiction and pretend addicts will make sure to file it on their 1040 and pay their taxes while the underground folks will close shop and sell Avon door to door for min wage. The U.S. hates competition. They will invade and jail and shoot any person that sells this crap that is not them. Making this a civil war in the streets. They think by taxing it the consequences will just go away with the violence.

Old 04-26-2021, 07:16 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,798,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92greenyj View Post
Nobody owes anyone anything. Period. You make your own way in this world. You succeed or fail on your own efforts. Don’t like your dead end minimum wage job? Do something about it. Better yourself. Find a better job. Work for what you want in life. Nobody is going to hand it to you.
This is how I was raised. As was my husband.
We are such a melting pot of different races and ethnicities that it would be hard to specifically define who would get what.

Old 04-26-2021, 07:21 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,589,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
and what's the purpose of making it legal? more demand on people addicted to crack, meth and heroin and the rest on the other crap. You don't think taxes will go up so the government takes care of more addicts who can't produce in society?

I guess people addicted to meth, crack and heroin now are not enough. Let's make it more in demand and have more addicts. What could possibly go wrong for the rest of us?

People don't think this in the long term. Add that the government will be declaring war on any person that don't buy from them or pay their taxes on their addictions (funny but ignorant) and jail people that sell the junk underground which won't go away if the demand grows, it will get worse.

They want to take out the violence by only having the government controlling the addiction and pretend addicts will make sure to file it on their 1040 and pay their taxes while the underground folks will close shop and sell Avon door to door for min wage. The U.S. hates competition. They will invade and jail and shoot any person that sells this crap that is not them. Making this a civil war in the streets. They think by taxing it the consequences will just go away with the violence.

I don’t cars about saving the lives of people who make a conscious decision to ruin it. But why leave money on the table when we’re sitting on a multi trillion dollar a year industry. And I have thought about it long term. You haven’t. I’m a libertarian. I don’t even believe in taxes. But taxes or not, it’s less waste of money than the insane amounts of money we spend propping ho this war that can’t be won. We’re talking trillions of dollars effectively put in a black hole.

So spare me with how much it would cost tax dollars. It cost them way way way more in the legal system, policing, litigation, and prisons.

The eco system goes away if drugs are legalized

Old 04-26-2021, 07:23 PM

Quote:

I don’t want the government to control the distribution and sell of drugs. I want it to be a completely private market. Where businesses can sell them to willing customers

Old 04-26-2021, 07:29 PM

Quote:
I don’t want the government to control the distribution and sell of drugs. I want it to be a completely private market. Where businesses can sell them to willing customers

ahh, so you want Wall Street people with a suit and a degree to control the poison to the masses to make more addicts with the protection of the government. We have a private market now, it's call an underground economy. That doesn't change the effects of meth, crack and heroine on the rest of us.

You lost me, the government doesn't control the distribution or sell of drugs. it's private sector now. You want it to go where in the private sector at what cost? so your problem is that you want the government to stay out of it and give it to a certain kind of people in the private sector with the full protection of the feds.

How is making more addicts by the millions is good for the rest of us?

Old 04-26-2021, 07:41 PM

Quote:
ahh, so you want Wall Street people with a suit and a degree to control the poison to the masses to make more addicts with the protection of the government. We have a private market now, it's call an underground economy. That doesn't change the effects of meth, crack and heroine on the rest of us.

You lost me, the government doesn't control the distribution or sell of drugs. it's private sector now. You want it to go where in the private sector at what cost? so your problem is that you want the government to stay out of it and give it to a certain kind of people in the private sector with the full protection of the feds.

How is making more addicts by the millions is good for the rest of us?
You seem to missing out of the fact that they're not legal.

Old 04-26-2021, 07:47 PM

Quote:
You seem to missing out of the fact that they're not legal.

and making it legal somehow it will do what for the rest of us?

but you want it legal, so if you make it legal then they can continue supplying the demand in the private sector. or you want the government to choose the winners and losers in the distribution business? You want more addicts and want the government to pick and choose and protect the people making more addicts in society?

Old 04-26-2021, 07:49 PM

Quote:
and making it legal somehow it will do what for the rest of us?
You can turn drug sells and distribution into an actual industry. A legal market. Where you can have businesses. you can have share holders. You can have investors. Not sure what you're not understanding here.

Old 04-26-2021, 07:52 PM

Quote:
You can turn drug sells and distribution into an actual industry. A legal market. Where you can have businesses. you can have share holders. You can have investors. Not sure what you're not understanding here.

LMAO! and how does that benefits the rest of us having more addicts in society that we have to pay to raise the welfare state?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies