Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2021, 02:55 PM

8,384 posts, read 4,367,951 times

Advertisements

Bits and pieces I have heard...may or may not be accurate....the story is still evolving....

7 sheriffs deputies in tactical gear..some in the back of a pickup truck...some inside...speed into the perps driveway...

Apparently this individual was already in his car with the motor running and tried to escape by trying to run over at least one deputy.

From deputy arrival to kill shot...4 seconds.

If true...assault with a motor vehicle is just as serious and deadly as if he had a gun in his hand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2021, 03:03 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,734,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roddma View Post
So drugs warrant getting shot execution style regardless of the color?
I will wait for the facts to come out before jumping to any conclusions. So should you.

The trouble with all of these cases is that everyone jumps to conclusions before knowing all of the facts, and the activists in mainstream media intentionally misreport things to stir up maximum violence and outrage in response. Did the police officer have good reason to fear that Andrew Brown was an immediate danger to others? What were the extenuating circumstances? I don't know and neither do most of us.

Old 04-29-2021, 03:06 PM

5,457 posts, read 6,049,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
I will wait for the facts to come out before jumping to any conclusions. So should you.

The trouble with all of these cases is that everyone jumps to conclusions before knowing all of the facts, and the activists in mainstream media intentionally misreport things to stir up maximum violence and outrage in response. Did the police officer have good reason to fear that Andrew Brown was an immediate danger to others? What were the extenuating circumstances? I don't know and neither do most of us.
From the looks of all the posts, I'd alter your statement to say, "and nether do any of us."

Old 05-03-2021, 08:13 AM

37,617 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
It's a bit of a mystery why the judge refused the sheriff's request to make the video public; and it's also a mystery as to why someone in the sheriff's office hasn't described the encounter better if that's the case.

But here's the video. It's about 9 seconds between the moment the SWAT team comes to a stop in front of the house to serve the warrant, to shots fired. Not a lot of time to make ruts all over the yard.

https://www.wavy.com/video/city-vide...w-browns-home/
There was time because that’s actually what happened. I couldn’t see anything on the link you posted. I have no idea why they won’t release the full footage… or why it was not explained in that manner. There was actually some footage that was shown on local TV right after this all occurred… But that footage is now nowhere to be found. It’s like it was redacted. It showed the ruts in the yard , the tracks in the mud all over the house walls. Very very odd situation. I’m sure it will all come out eventually,

Old 05-03-2021, 08:31 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Why keep it from the public? We pay for that camera and pay the salary of that cop! We have every right to see it.
Ask the judge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies