Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2021, 04:21 PM

2,871 posts, read 1,150,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, it is not just about "protection"

I called the local police department on my friend after he threatened suicide. One hour later, the officer called me the told me he hung himself. I don't blame the officers and do believe they did a great job. They called me after they already took his body away. They sounded compassionate and comforting. I still remember the first thing they asked me, "Are you sitting down or standing up? I suggest you sit down first and take a deep breath.." There are a lot of things cops do besides writing ticket and arresting people.
Absolutely. They see the worst elements of society.
My condolences for the loss of your friend, Lily.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2021, 04:30 PM

25,848 posts, read 16,528,639 times
We will soon be giving the inner cities back to the gangs so we will see how that goes for them.

Old 04-23-2021, 05:03 PM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
We will soon be giving the inner cities back to the gangs so we will see how that goes for them.
Seems to be what many want. Let them learn the hard way.

Old 04-23-2021, 06:03 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
And the President of the United States still announces it as "police racism".
It's nuts. Freaking police unions endorsed Biden, then he calls them all a pack of racists, gee golly wow, they must be so proud of the POS they elected

Old 04-23-2021, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Polls have shown it's not what the people living in the inner cities want. The gangsters, sure, but not the normal Americans living there. The BLM leaders all live in white neighborhoods, so they never suffer from the mess they create. The POS politicians live in gated communities with their own security, so they don't care about the damage their anti-police agenda is doing to the cities.

The maddening thing is, the stupid inner city Democrat voters would vote for Biden all over again, if they could. So maybe you are correct, let them reap what they sow. When they call 911 and no one bothers to show up, and their babies are killed by knife wielding foster kids, let them call Joe Biden, and see if he gives a rat's ass. He won't. He got their vote, and that is all that matters.

Old 04-23-2021, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
I believe the shooting was justified, based on the immediate threat to the other girl. I wonder if something short of lethal force could have been done, but I would not second-guess the officer's split-second decision.

Jen Psaki is correct that the death is tragic. She was wrong to imply this incident is connected to the issue of racism and police bias. She should issue a clarification.

The OP is wrong in his thread title: "Biden spreads racism lie". I'm not aware that Biden has made any public comment on the matter.
Has he come out and fired Psaki, or admonished her for her asinine knee-jerk race baiting comments? No!

SO HE APPROVES.

Psaki speaks for Biden, she is his spokesperson. Biden's admin appointees speak for him, Waters speaks for him, Pelosi and Schumer speak for him. Unless Biden denounces what his admin people say, or refuses to denounce Democrat leaders for what they said, then Biden agrees with them. It's not rocket science.

Old 04-23-2021, 06:14 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
the democrats and the media want to lift lawsuit protections from gun manufactures if the product is used wrongly, I say sue the media when they are caught lieing and flaming division and hatred and violence, like when the media purposely cuts of the fact that the woman had a deadly weapon to make the narrative sound like it was police shooting innocent people...

Old 04-23-2021, 08:44 PM

12,983 posts, read 9,501,161 times
Of course the knee-jerk White House reaction was "police racism". Don't you remember when his boss (Obama) decided on the spur of the moment, without any data being in, that the "Cambridge police acted stupidly"?

Old 04-24-2021, 01:33 PM

18,739 posts, read 7,610,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Of course the knee-jerk White House reaction was "police racism". Don't you remember when his boss (Obama) decided on the spur of the moment, without any data being in, that the "Cambridge police acted stupidly"?
I'm starting to sense a pattern here.

Old 04-24-2021, 02:56 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
The new angles of this from the security cam across the street show the cop did everything right. He even had hands on the girl at one point as she wrestled on the ground with a different girl before getting up, yelling that she was "going to f'ing kill you" and jerked away from the cop and towards the girl in pink.

There is nothing controversial about this police action.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies