Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2021, 01:50 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,517,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
You ever notice that if a black man shoots and kills white person in a white neighborhood he may likely get the death penalty but if he shoots and kills black person in a black neighborhood he may likely get released on his own recognizance. That's why BLM.
Doubt it. We’re told constantly that blacks make up half the prison population. Seriously doubt they’re walking around free.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2021, 02:10 PM

12,970 posts, read 13,712,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Doubt it. We’re told constantly that blacks make up half the prison population. Seriously doubt they’re walking around free.
So you think all those guns fired in Chicago every night are being fired by black men who have never had a run in with the law? I bet not a single one of them has ever shot a white person in a white neighborhood. He wouldn't live through the arrest.

Old 04-24-2021, 03:25 PM

73,138 posts, read 62,801,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
You ever notice that if a black man shoots and kills white person in a white neighborhood he may likely get the death penalty but if he shoots and kills black person in a black neighborhood he may likely get released on his own recognizance. That's why BLM.
Black men are a majority of America's murder victims. But the majority of Black men who were executed killed White people. 523 Blacks have been executed in the last 44 years. Of those executions, 297 of them involved Black people who killed White people.

https://deathpenaltyinfo.org/executi...race-of-victim

It looks like the race of the victim plays a big role in who gets executed.

Old 04-24-2021, 03:26 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,262,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
Why isn't BLM rioting about those lives?
Why do you ask a ? that's been answered many many times? Are you forgetful?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdagoat View Post
The main issue that BLM wants addressed is equality. When black on black crime occurs, the criminal usually is arrested and tried for their crimes. With this whole police ordeal, because of the position and powers of policing they feel they are not held to the same standard. There you go.
Equality? Blacks want police arrested for their interactions (specifically I suppose those that lead to death) at the same rate as Black on Black crime?

Quote:
Originally Posted by furiousstyles32 View Post
Why is the OP asking? Do you care about black lives regardless of who kills them? Doubtful. Sounds like you just want to continue deflecting attention from the obvious problem with policing in this country.
I don't think it's a genuine question this time, since it's been asked numerous times over the last 10 months.

Black Lives Matter, the organization or movement, was started to protest police interactions with Black men that ended in the death of Black men. Nothing more, and nothing less.

As numerous Blacks and their surrogates have told us, that is their cause. Black on Black crime, not their cause. As Don Lemon said "If that's what you're concerned with, start your own organization." As I've also seen said "Does the American Heart Association deal with Breast Cancer?"

So, it's really rather curious. How does a problem that has < 500 victims annually (Blacks killed by police) get millions and millions of money and publicity, but one that affects 20K+ people (Blacks maimed or killed by their fellow Blacks) get none of that?

It's really rather curious.

Old 04-24-2021, 03:27 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,588,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcandme View Post
Why is it black children`s lives don`t seem to matter.....only black criminals.
Excuse me? Ever hear of Tamir Rice?

Old 04-24-2021, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
This is the way I see it. Some people hope that a police officer would be better behaved than a civilian. An underclass civilian with a short fuse, said person being a killer is expected. That is how I see this.
The way I see it, if the cop was a racist, he'd have let her stab the girl, and any other of the Black people she felt like, before he stopped her.

Although I DO agree with you - that the vast majority of people hope and expect that a cop will do better than your average civilian.

Old 04-24-2021, 03:39 PM

57,410 posts, read 26,355,027 times
Quote:
Exactly! the lives of black people murdered by other black people do not matter to Black Lives Matter because those lives do not have political value. That make Black Lives matter racist.
Yes of course they matter but the protests are about police killing blacks, they should be treated the same as whites when it comes to police confrontations.

Old 04-24-2021, 03:42 PM

Quote:
BLM is only interested in the black lives which the can use to push an agenda which will give black people more handouts and create more institutional racism against white people.
if you know what they do, then why would you ask what they do and don't?

Old 04-24-2021, 03:43 PM

3,406 posts, read 1,915,371 times
Quote:
Why isn't BLM rioting about those lives?
Be VERY careful...you could be put in the corner by City-data for trying to start something.

Old 04-24-2021, 03:49 PM

3,981 posts, read 2,582,868 times
Its about generational anger of having no power. Black on Black is about internal struggles that make the lack of power worst. If anger is not dealt with, it doesn't go away. It festers and can control a person.

All this pain/ anger changes a person. I am speaking of my family. To clarify I am not black. When I was going up my parents were anger, angry. As a child (before I could talk, I was afraid of my parents. I did not know they weren't hurting each other.

I took it all in and could not relate to others to make friends. I had acquaintances and I really didn't have a need for friends. I didn't know what friends were. I stayed quiet, I hit away.

And I was fortunate. I didn't have the drama that black people face. Or the racism. Or the anger many generations before me (my parents moved far away from their families- so there must have been frustration. But was solved by separation.)

Think of the poverty some blacks face. Think of the pain and struggles generation after generation. The drugs and alcohol that some turn to cover the pain and exasperated their problems.

AND THEN some people shame them and get angry at them even more. THEN add the powers that be gunning for them! ***NOT ALL I know.

They were fighting George Floyd to get in the cop's car. They didn't hear his words or dismissed them as not important...

Because by golly George Floyd had to be brought into compliance! Their compliance, their power! George Floyd (I say his name! Say his name!) GEORGE FLOYD had sat on the ground crying, handcuffed-was he Hercules out to bust out? The officers could not see a person, only a criminal!

Did Chauvin even recognize he had worked with George Floyd?? Could not see George's humanity. THAT is WRONG GEORGE!

George Floyd was white, would the officers taken a less violent approach?? Maybe.

In the end the way Chauvin forced his will, killed George Floyd. If he could have seen a man dying, he would have taken measures, dept. rules and given first aid. AGAIN this power struggle killed George Floyd.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = == = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = == = = = =

This attitude that Blacks face by the people in power takes a toll ! Below shows how a mindset can happen... many other ways beyond too...

A scientist put a sharks in a fish tank with smaller fish and of course the sharks chased them, ate them... then...

Quote:
This experiment was repeated several dozen times over the next few weeks. Each time, the shark got less aggressive and made fewer attempts to attack the bait fish, until eventually, the shark got tired of hitting the fiberglass divider and simply stopped attacking altogether.

The marine biologist then removed the fiberglass divider, but the shark didn’t attack. The shark was trained to believe a barrier existed between it and the bait fish, so the bait fish swam wherever they wished, free from harm.

https://purposefocuscommitment.mediu...ry-878326e621a 0
Black people or anyone facing domineering authority or worse may simply give up and turn to any way they can to survive in their small space. Like George Floyd crying for them to stop pressuring him to be where he was claustrophobic.

Last edited by Wild Flower; 04-24-2021 at 04:07 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies