Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2021, 09:12 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,523,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
One of my demographics are rejecting the vaccines at the highest rate.... guess which one.

Let me give you a hint:
  • It’s not older people.
  • It’s not women.
  • It’s not education professionals.
  • It’s not Southerners.
  • It’s not married people.
  • It’s not heterosexuals.
  • It’s not mothers.
  • It’s not grandmas.
  • It’s not Christians
Hmmmm.... what am I missing????

Oh yeah, race. Yep, that’s the one, alright. In every state in this nation, with the exception of all places West Virginia, a lower percentage of the vaccinations have gone to blacks than make up the general populous. And what party do over 90% of voters of my race vote for? Democrats.
But that's just evidence of systemic racism and white privilege....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2021, 09:20 PM

24,411 posts, read 23,070,474 times
I'm now worried less about Covid and more about what the vaccines will do to those that got duped into getting them.
Until you wake up, i will fight for you.

Old 04-26-2021, 09:28 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
One of my demographics are rejecting the vaccines at the highest rate.... guess which one.

Let me give you a hint:
  • It’s not older people.
  • It’s not women.
  • It’s not Southerners.
  • It’s not mothers.
  • It’s not grandmas.
  • It’s not Christians

Oh yeah, race. Yep, that’s the one, alright. In every state in this nation, with the exception of all places West Virginia, a lower percentage of the vaccinations have gone to blacks than make up the general populous. And what party do over 90% of voters of my race vote for? Democrats.
If you didn't say that, I would have. I don't need the stats.

Old 04-26-2021, 09:34 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
But that's just evidence of systemic racism and white privilege....
You know I am not one to pull the race card, but in this case it really is rooted in past racism.
  • The Tuskegee Syphilis Study in the 1930’s treated black people like lab animals. They watched black men slowly die from syphilis so they could record the natural progression of the eventually fatal disease after they knew antibiotics could cure it.
  • CDC hid the date that an experimental MMR vaccine increased the likelihood of Black children developing regressive autism if they were given the vaccine before the age of 3. They just released that information in 2014 - 10 years after they knew it.
  • And, course, there’s the good old forced sterilizations.
Those are just a few examples. It’s not so much fear that the medical professionals today would be racists. It’s the once bitten, twice shy adage.

Old 04-26-2021, 09:55 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
So what?

It’s their right to choose not to get it or wear a mask on their property.

On the property of another they must comply with the wishes of that property owner.

Old 04-26-2021, 10:16 PM

2,953 posts, read 2,900,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemson34 View Post
Crickets from the right wingers

What is there to say, live and let live

Old 04-27-2021, 12:14 AM

8,555 posts, read 10,978,234 times
I don't feel party politics enters into a person's reasons for not getting the vaccine.
I know it doesn't for me.
I believe strongly in the power of prayer.
I have asked the Lord to spare me from getting this virus, and those prayers continue to work for me.

I am 82(in very good health) and have been spared from getting this virus.
I do not intend to get vaccinated, and will always call on the Lord to protect me.

The Lord has guided me in making simple, but necessary lifestyle changes to lessen my chances of contacting this deadly virus.
Staying away from places where many people congregate.
Following a good course of hygiene in and around my house.
I have made changes which are important to staying safe during this pandemic.

I do my grocery shopping at 11PM, instead of during the daytime.
Instead of shopping with 60 or 80 people, there are usually less than 10 people in the grocery store when I shop late night.
Last night I was one of five shopping in the grocery store at 11PM.
The store closes at midnight.

Due to past bad experiences with vaccines, I opted to not get the covid vaccine, and instead, rely on the Lord to protect me.
So far, my faith is winning this battle against covid.

Old 04-27-2021, 12:29 AM

33,544 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRoadkill View Post
The anti-vaxers should throw a giant in-person get together. All of them together in a small conference room for a big hug fest and sharing one soft drink all using the same straw.

That should test their faith and prove their argument!
Did you mean to say disprove their argument?......Great idea.....Let them thin the herd....Too many people on this planet anyway.

Old 04-27-2021, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
So anti-vaxxers of the left are pro covid vaccines? Seems odd....

Now you are suggesting it is mainstream thinking for Republicans (who worked so hard to enable the development of the vaccine) to avoid the vaccine?? I don't know a single Republican who is against the vaccine.

Anti-vax is a non partisan issue. It is an extremist view of the right and left.
Guess you don't know many republicans, as 43% say no to the vaccine.

Old 04-27-2021, 12:41 AM

Quote:

Let me give you a hint:
  • It’s not older people.
  • It’s not women.
  • It’s not Southerners.
  • It’s not mothers.
  • It’s not grandmas.
  • It’s not Christians

Old news...The situation has changed....

Quote:
Republicans and white evangelical Christians were the most likely groups to say they will not be vaccinated, according to the survey.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/...tancy-n1263787
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies