Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2021, 10:35 AM

12,722 posts, read 7,580,425 times

Advertisements

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...5?ocid=BHEA000

Quote:
The guidance, which CDC Director Rochelle Walensky outlined during a White House press conference Tuesday, builds on previous updates from the agency about the activities people can feel comfortable with once fully vaccinated. According to the CDC, fully vaccinated people do not need to wear masks during small, outdoor gatherings even if there's a mixture of vaccinated and unvaccinated people. Dining at an outdoor restaurant with friends from multiple households is also considered a safe activity for vaccinated people to do without a mask, the agency said.

"The release of these new guidelines is a first step at helping fully vaccinated Americans resume what they had stopped doing because of the pandemic, at low risk to themselves, while being mindful of the potential risk of transmitting the virus to others," the CDC said.
One by one these masking and social distancing guidelines will be unwound as vaccination counts go up and cases go down.

Maybe all the fear-mongering folks in here claiming they were just doing it to control people and it would never end can keep wearing them so they can continue to feel oppressed and outraged.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2021, 10:45 AM

7,370 posts, read 3,536,587 times
Not much has changed. Get vaccinated, still wear a mask.

Old 04-27-2021, 10:48 AM

327 posts, read 211,476 times
Wait.....just hold on a minute.......we are supposed to be wearing a mask outdoors ? Since when? I’ve been doing it all wrong this entire time yet never got sick. Hmmmmm

Old 04-27-2021, 10:51 AM

13,075 posts, read 7,519,082 times
Mask keeps my nose warm and month c!osed.

Old 04-27-2021, 10:52 AM

43,125 posts, read 18,290,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachofries View Post
Wait.....just hold on a minute.......we are supposed to be wearing a mask outdoors ? Since when? I’ve been doing it all wrong this entire time yet never got sick. Hmmmmm
And that is what so many Americans are asking themselves...

They removed the guidance that never was

Old 04-27-2021, 10:54 AM

29,520 posts, read 22,668,047 times
And how are they going to prove vaccination status?

Gestapo state here we come again.

Old 04-27-2021, 10:56 AM

12,722 posts, read 7,580,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
And how are they going to prove vaccination status?
I don't think they are asking anyone to prove vaccination status, it's a guideline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Gestapo state here we come again.
Drama queen level set to 11.

Old 04-27-2021, 10:56 AM

7,370 posts, read 3,536,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
And that is what so many Americans are asking themselves...

They removed the guidance that never was
You must not live in NY, CA, NJ where we have I wear masks everywhere. For instance, if I am at the sports field with 50 feet distance between next person, it is required by the town I wear a mask. Also, if I pick my kid up from school I have to wear a mask. Even if parents are 10 to 20 feet apart. School policy.

Old 04-27-2021, 11:00 AM

39,076 posts, read 51,246,227 times
They still seem to be holding back. I suppose that is because a lack of data on the chances of vaccinated people still being able to infect unvaccinated. We are at the point in this country where vaccines can be had by anyone with virtually no wait. It does take a few weeks for immunity to develop though. Still, it may be high time to quit worrying about people too ignorant to take the simple step of vaccination while restricting those who are not.

Old 04-27-2021, 11:01 AM

130,339 posts, read 12,118,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
You must not live in NY, CA, NJ where we have I wear masks everywhere. For instance, if I am at the sports field with 50 feet distance between next person, it is required by the town I wear a mask. Also, if I pick my kid up from school I have to wear a mask. Even if parents are 10 to 20 feet apart. School policy.
Well, here in Ca, most people do not wear masks outside. In fact I was at a Parade on Saturday & the streets were lined with (Hundreds) people, most maskless, plus the parade participants also did not have masks on. Still worn inside stores though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies