Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: When did you smell a rat in the Covid narrative?
Pretty much from the get-go. 66 61.68%
At a later point. (explain in post) 19 17.76%
I always faithfully believed it. 22 20.56%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2021, 08:00 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,219,510 times

Advertisements

actually, it's pretty comparable.

in the 2-shot vaccines ...

the first shot gives you a certain level of protection after ~2 weeks.
After 3-4 weeks, you get the 2nd shot, which also takes 2-3 weeks to give full protection.
Full protection is deemed 95% effective against contracting the virus, and probably 99.999% protection against a severe infection - hospitalization and death.

So, you've quoted where a vasectomy isn't immediate - just like the 1st shot. And after a period of time - you say 20 ejaculations - you have "full protection", that is, all sperm have been discharged.

Now, we could also find a calculation of how much sperm is necessary - sure, theoretically a single sperm can do the job, but it's never been shown to occur. It's just like a viral load - how much is really necessary to get you sick?

The whole sperm test is to make sure the job was done right. If the vas deferens were successfully severed, then it's "impossible" (99.999%) for sperm to get through.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2021, 08:16 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,736,617 times
Something didn't seem quite right in March. In February, Fauci publically downplayed covid and said it wasn't much of a threat to the US and there was no need to wear masks. Why would he say this when the Diamond princess cruise proved that the virus was spread in the air and it was spread by people with no symptoms. A worst case scenario.

Then suddenly everything changed overnight in March. No one listened to Tom Cotton who sounded the alarm bell way back in January!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iT3txmbWxb4

Old 04-29-2021, 08:22 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
When the word "China" came up. Why is it almost every virus since the damn Justinian Plague in the early A.Ds. seems to originate from that place? LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Too many people packed too close together.
And animals.

Years ago I read an interesting National Geographic article about viruses. In South China, people raise ducks and pigs for food, and they keep them in pens beneath their raised houses. Ducks and pigs are two animals that carry viruses that can be transmitted to humans. The viruses mix and match and pass to the humans in the local vicinity, so every year new viruses form and sweep through the area and eventually make their way across the globe. It's just normal to the residents of South China that these viruses will come every year. Most of the time, they are easily taken care of by the human immune system.

That's simplified, of course, but it's a general answer to your question.

Old 04-29-2021, 08:38 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
I believed it because I saw many videos from Communist China from Wuhan . I knew it was coming here and starting preparing before 1 case ever got here. Too many people were watching the impeachment of Trump to pay any attention.

I also know the left used it as a political football, first it was harmless, then they went to the extreme , then Fauci , no testing. CDC is a bunch of bumbling idiots. I have my common sense to depend on, not the Stupidity of the CDC.

Old 04-29-2021, 08:52 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Something didn't seem quite right in March. In February, Fauci publically downplayed covid and said it wasn't much of a threat to the US and there was no need to wear masks. Why would he say this when the Diamond princess cruise proved that the virus was spread in the air and it was spread by people with no symptoms. A worst case scenario.

Then suddenly everything changed overnight in March. No one listened to Tom Cotton who sounded the alarm bell way back in January!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iT3txmbWxb4
Hardly anyone believed that COVID would balloon in America. Why because every other super virus pandemic in the modern era (1970's on) weren't THAT prevalent. Swine Flu, flamed out. MERS, never came to America. Ebola, contained to doctors treating American paitents. Zika, who actually got it? Measles 2019, flamed out. This is why I didn't take it seriously at first. When the school i work at made the plan to potentially close, I realized this is serious...

Old 04-29-2021, 08:56 AM

4,952 posts, read 3,057,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
Waaaaay back in March or even February 2020, when the Covid craze first swept our nation, did it seem believable to you? Or did you smell a rat?

I always lean towards rat smells, but a year later; I'm not certain.
What I am certain of is JB's colossal blundering of mitigations, and the fact governors were allowed to become dictators; making decisions best left to respective state house/senates who better represent the people.
His mask mandate expires June 5th, unfortunately his tenure as governor does not.

Old 04-29-2021, 09:25 AM

5,820 posts, read 3,877,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbiz1 View Post
I always lean towards rat smells, but a year later; I'm not certain.
What I am certain of is JB's colossal blundering of mitigations, and the fact governors were allowed to become dictators; making decisions best left to respective state house/senates who better represent the people.
His mask mandate expires June 5th, unfortunately his tenure as governor does not.
And that is why we gotta vote for Darren Bailey in 2022. He's the one who sued Pritzker last year to end the lockdowns. That said, people won't be voting so much for Bailey as for Not-Pritzker, similar to how they voted for Not-Trump last November.

Last edited by MillennialUrbanist; 04-29-2021 at 09:37 AM..

Old 04-29-2021, 07:06 PM

5,820 posts, read 3,877,553 times
I have a theory why so many people fell for the Covid narrative hook, line, and sinker: It's human nature to want to be a part of something. Be it the mass movement to "flatten the curve" or the latest fad to wear animal prints, it's pretty much the same motive. Covid gave people a once-in-a-generation opportunity to feel important even as a lowly private citizen who just lost a job: #StayHomeSaveLives, #QuaranTeam, #SixFeet, #InItTogether, the whole nine yards! What once was a source of embarrassment became a source of bragging rights. Think about it: people BRAG about how long it's been since they last saw their best friend or their grandparent. If someone did that in 2019, that person would be mocked or criticized, and deservedly so! But when "They" planned "The Pandemic", everything changed in a matter of weeks! And people jumped on the bandwagon.

Lucky for me, I at least didn't have to hoard toilet paper. As an essential worker, I came in every weekday, and used their toilet paper.

Last edited by MillennialUrbanist; 04-29-2021 at 07:20 PM..

Old 04-29-2021, 08:04 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
I have a theory why so many people fell for the Covid narrative hook, line, and sinker: It's human nature to want to be a part of something. Be it the mass movement to "flatten the curve" or the latest fad to wear animal prints, it's pretty much the same motive. Covid gave people a once-in-a-generation opportunity to feel important even as a lowly private citizen who just lost a job: #StayHomeSaveLives, #QuaranTeam, #SixFeet, #InItTogether, the whole nine yards! What once was a source of embarrassment became a source of bragging rights. Think about it: people BRAG about how long it's been since they last saw their best friend or their grandparent. If someone did that in 2019, that person would be mocked or criticized, and deservedly so! But when "They" planned "The Pandemic", everything changed in a matter of weeks! And people jumped on the bandwagon.

Lucky for me, I at least didn't have to hoard toilet paper. As an essential worker, I came in every weekday, and used their toilet paper.
I was thinking it was a panic. You'd only get it on cruise ships and lived in a travel hub or recently traveled internationally. Then the numbers skyrocketed exponentially. That is the reason. The numbers got bad.

Old 04-29-2021, 08:08 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
When Fauci lied about masks I was already listening to others. I knew he was bought and paid for early on
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies