Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: When did you smell a rat in the Covid narrative?
Pretty much from the get-go. 66 61.68%
At a later point. (explain in post) 19 17.76%
I always faithfully believed it. 22 20.56%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2021, 06:48 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,365,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I think those who are opposed or cautiously waiting aren't going to be swayed by an opinion poll on C-D
You know, its the sheer volume of this nonsense, all of them add up. Its part of the reason we have so many dead.
Quote:
"health emergency"? slick marketing job.
Over half a million dead despite our efforts, and you dont think its a health emergency? Should we have waited until a couple million were dead? Sheesh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2021, 07:01 PM

5,820 posts, read 3,873,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
You know, its the sheer volume of this nonsense, all of them add up. Its part of the reason we have so many dead.

Over half a million dead despite our efforts, and you dont think its a health emergency? Should we have waited until a couple million were dead? Sheesh.
WITH Covid or FROM Covid? The Democrat media conflates the two! In other words, if someone tests positive and later falls off a building, or drowns in a river, or severs an artery, they'll be classified as a bona fide Covid death. Even when they're otherwise healthy as a horse.

Old 04-28-2021, 07:03 PM

2,008 posts, read 1,247,758 times
the pandemic was over as soon as the (mostly Dem) politicians and the scientists turned a blind eye to - if not outright cheered on - BLM as they rioted and looted last spring.

Old 04-28-2021, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
WITH Covid or FROM Covid? The Democrat media conflates the two! In other words, if someone tests positive and later falls off a building, or drowns in a river, or severs an artery, they'll be classified as a bona fide Covid death. Even when they're otherwise healthy as a horse.
Uh huh. Meanwhile in reality?

Know how the 2 people I know died from it? One was a elderly woman, but in ok health. probably had another decade in her. She died incredibly rapidly once she got sick. Another? early 30s, great health. And it just slowly took him down. he just kept getting worse and worse. And died on a ventilator.

But sure in your world they died from some made up nonsense, and really something ELSE killed them right?

This argument of yours is nonsense. Covid is killing people.

Old 04-28-2021, 07:09 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,153,979 times
The BLM riots. Once those medical professionals all claimed “peaceful protesting” was more important than worrying about Covid I was done believing any of the Chicken Little squawking.

People did die from it, my own relatives did, but the complete SELECTIVE shutting down of our society was bullcrap.

Old 04-28-2021, 07:21 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,600,072 times
in the past few days i have read of the crap in india and also on our west coast...but then i know conservatives don't believe in government at all...so we are now whistling past the graveyard as they say..it is different variants as i have expected since day one

Old 04-28-2021, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
The BLM riots. Once those medical professionals all claimed “peaceful protesting” was more important than worrying about Covid I was done believing any of the Chicken Little squawking.

People did die from it, my own relatives did, but the complete SELECTIVE shutting down of our society was bullcrap.
Hmm...its more that they said it had a risk. Others said that the goal of the protest was worth the risk to these people. I didn't hear many doctors say protesting was more important, but I did hear that from protestors.

Originally we didnt realize how much being outside would help. And that took a while. While protests continued.

When Trump moved his rallies outdoors it saved lives. We can estimate how many people both the inside rallies, and the protests killed.

Old 04-28-2021, 07:31 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,458,172 times
Like almost all other disrupting technologies we are at a crossroads. We know things like SARS-CoV-2 could happen but the virus is novel, obviously, and affects the human body in ways we don’t fully understand yet. Most of the casualties are elderly people, they suffered almost the full brunt of it and many still are. It could have been significantly worse and still could be. India is posting 300,000+ cases a day all little experimental factories trying trillions and trillions and trillions of times to find a way to thrive-survive. So we’re not out of the water yet.

Anyways, the point I wanted to make is that we’re at a crossroads. We can do GoF testing and possibly figure out how to treat diseases before they crop up, or we might create our own demise. Or do we sit back and just wait and see how efficient Mother Nature is? That’s a losing bet too. And we have tools now like CRISPR but that could also be a double edged sword. But we have to make a decision one way or another. We’ve flopped back and forth on it too long.

That might be fallacious in nature to think of the choices in that way but think about it like this. If the virus did come from a lab and we are too scared to say so because of the repercussions we lost the ability to study what happened and why and if it could have been stopped. If it wasn’t nudged in a lab then that might be even more frightening knowing that at any time a pandemic can occur and cause trillions upon trillions of loses and millions of casualties and we really can’t do much more than wait for it to happen.

It does us no good to hold Trump to some impossible standard for a novel disease that affects and travels in ways we are not familiar with and are still not quite sure how to put up enough resources to manage. I mean the CDC has said you do not need to use disinfectants and that essentially warm water and soap is effective and controlling the virus on materials while many industry pros are still pushing HVAC upgrades, plumbing fixture upgrades, etc., no one will find the money to prepare for a virus that might not even happen in their life. There’s plenty of blame to go around and the left doesn’t seem to have any ability to self-reflect so they won’t be joining in on any fact-finding missions worth anything, they might even be diametrically opposed to self-reflection, for whatever reason (no quarter given would be my guess). And, yes, there was lots of “evolving” answers to questions as new information is made available. Depending on who you talk to that could mean those suggestions were wrong and misleading or the information was just “updated” like Windows or iOS but different.

Old 04-28-2021, 07:36 PM

3,072 posts, read 1,300,931 times
Probably as soon as they started pushing mail in voting which was like March 30th

Old 04-28-2021, 07:44 PM

5,820 posts, read 3,873,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BELMO45 View Post
Probably as soon as they started pushing mail in voting which was like March 30th
Yup, I'll give you that. As I later learned, the purpose of Covid was expanding mail-in voting. After all, forging mail ballots is way easier than forging in-person ballots, the ones you shove into the ballot box yourself. In the latter case, you use a special marker and an optical scanner, which are basically a glorfied Scantron test: not perfect, but not easy to forge, either. To change a vote from "Trump" to "Biden" on a mail-in ballot, all you need is dishonest person, a razor blade, and a dark-colored pen.

I really wish we could bring back those lever-pull voting machines. You literally can't get more secure than that. If you pulled the "Trump" lever, you can be sure your vote actually went toward Trump. And if you pulled the "Biden" lever, oh well, you do you, but you get the assurance of integrity as well. Which makes for a fair election, something you can't have when too many people vote by mail.

When "two weeks to flatten the curve" still WAS two weeks, there was no rat to smell. That changed the minute the quarantine got extended.

Last edited by MillennialUrbanist; 04-28-2021 at 07:53 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies