Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: When did you smell a rat in the Covid narrative?
Pretty much from the get-go. 66 61.68%
At a later point. (explain in post) 19 17.76%
I always faithfully believed it. 22 20.56%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2021, 07:47 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,219,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
WITH Covid or FROM Covid? The Democrat media conflates the two! In other words, if someone tests positive and later falls off a building, or drowns in a river, or severs an artery, they'll be classified as a bona fide Covid death. Even when they're otherwise healthy as a horse.
you know, part of me feels like getting into the middle of this inanity and disagreeing with - theoretically - someone from "my side".

The other part of me feels like maybe it's so preposterous, that the "other side" recognizes and ignores it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2021, 07:54 PM

19,804 posts, read 9,362,001 times
I was a "believer" until May and then I stopped being a believer when the CDC and Dr. Fauci narrative changed, when they said that masks were not necessary (at first) despite over a century of history of surgeons wearing masks, and when I heard a doctor say that hospitals were paid more for COVID deaths, and then I read MANY convincing anecdotes that so-called COVID death numbers were not actually COVID deaths.

Old 04-28-2021, 08:08 PM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
Waaaaay back in March or even February 2020, when the Covid craze first swept our nation, did it seem believable to you? Or did you smell a rat? I found it unnerving to read about the human rights violations on Diamond Princess, where Covid broke out early on. But I kind of believed the story. Who knew what the virus could be. Then it hit the US shores.
Good thing it went away in a few weeks and harmed very few people. Wait a second that is not what happened.

I agree that the democrats tried to use Covid to defeat Trump. And Trump tried to use downplaying covid to defeat the democrats. That is politics.

Believe me if Covid happened during Obama's time the GOP would have used it against him.

The reality covid is real. Its a horrible humanitarian disaster and if you look at the numbers bigger than ever around the world. Look at India.

All I know is many Trump supporters said after election day it was going to just go away. Then it was after Biden became POTUS. We are now almost in May and its not just going away. It may never go away. Look I am in a RED state in a town with no covid restrictions. I don't wear no stinking mask and do what I want. I really don't care what the rest of the country is doing. If one does not like it vote them out. Otherwise accept it or move. But the whining has to stop.

Old 04-28-2021, 08:13 PM

2,544 posts, read 2,737,804 times
What happened to the flu in 2020? Maybe all the flu cases got mixed with the Covid numbers?

Old 04-28-2021, 08:32 PM

16,087 posts, read 10,753,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
When the word "China" came up. Why is it almost every virus since the damn Justinian Plague in the early A.Ds. seems to originate from that place? LOL
Human density and humans living too close to animals — chickens and pigs — and exotic animals and animal parts sold or circulating in local markets. Once a virus jumps to humans it is off and running.

There are parts of other countries that have similar conditions. AIDS and Ebola came out of Africa.

Old 04-28-2021, 08:38 PM

805 posts, read 1,085,128 times
Over it. Now I'm just angry about everything; it's one of the biggest scams in American history and certainly the biggest collective freakout in American history. I said from the GET-GO...this is NOT complicated. The virus has a 99%+ survival rate among the healthy and those under 50.

The solution right away should have been to isolate the vulnerable and elderly, and everyone else carries on as normal to build herd immunity to the virus until the vaccine came. But no. Had to drag it out. And we all know that a big reason was a constant drip-drip of negative news to hurt Trump, expanding of mail-in voting, massive stimulus plans, etc. It's every progressive's dream- get more people addicted to the government, get Trump out of office, expand mail-in voting, etc. Seems like every fantasy they could ever dream of, they got to accomplish in the name of "covid".

And these Democrat, big-government types will just not let it go. Won't let people decide for themselves whether they want to mask or not; it's got to be forced nannyism that takes the choice completely away from people. Most critically-thinking, rational people respect and honor others' choices. And now, we continue to spend, spend, and spend more into oblivion. It just feels like the country is a runaway train hurtling down the mountain at rapidly increasing speed, and there's no safe way off of it.

Old 04-28-2021, 08:39 PM

17,391 posts, read 16,532,427 times
This has all seemed like a really, really bad movie with incredibly terrible actors.

Old 04-28-2021, 08:39 PM

1,152 posts, read 617,786 times
I saw the rat once I witnessed Fauci flip-flopping on what we could or could not do sometimes in the same press conference. This whole thing is about control.

Old 04-28-2021, 08:41 PM

805 posts, read 1,085,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
This has all seemed like a really, really bad movie with incredibly terrible actors.
It's been 400 days...feels like 400 months. Awful! So over this.

Old 04-28-2021, 08:42 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,917,886 times
Several hundred thousand Americans are dead from covid. That's proof enough that this is something we should have taken a lot more seriously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies