Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2021, 05:24 PM

19,818 posts, read 9,381,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConfusedClarence View Post
The right are the only ones that don't realize that black folks had to sit at the starting line while everyone else ran in circles around them, then they were finally free, but given a ball and chain until around the 1960s.
We (or at least I and many other conservatives) DO know that (the bold), but except for blacks being very understandably and justifiably angry about what happened before the mid-60's -- and has continued to some degree in many cases and in some areas -- what does that have to do with what I said regarding many white liberals' view of blacks TODAY?

Highlighting and trying to stop racial profiling regarding traffic stops (for example) is one thing (and something I support), but implying that most blacks can't learn higher math in lower grades (for example) is another. I would think that almost all professional blacks would find the latter to be VERY insulting.

Old 05-01-2021, 05:38 PM

8,051 posts, read 10,644,292 times
They get uncomfortable with those that leave their plantation.....

Old 05-01-2021, 05:50 PM

17,814 posts, read 13,713,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
That dixiecrat myth again.
It's debunked by some experts and believed by others.
All you really need to understand about the "party switching" is that it is now Republicans who come to the defense of all those evil slave loving democrats from the Civil War era.

Old 05-01-2021, 05:57 PM

27,160 posts, read 15,334,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
Yes, Twitter took it down, the same way they take down racist content from the right wing. This is a good thing, in that it showcases big tech isn't nearly as biased towards the left as people claim.
Turns out Twitter has a 12 hour tolerance for it from the Left.

Old 05-01-2021, 06:45 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,631,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
What a lame response. You take a clip from a TV show to try to back up what you're saying. Sorry, but you are out of touch if you think that there are no black republicans. Not only that, to make such assumptions like you did is bigoted and racist.
I made no such assumptions.
No different than there are Transgendered Republicans like Caitlyn Jenner.
They exist but just aren't the norm in that party.

Old 05-01-2021, 07:11 PM

22,475 posts, read 12,014,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
I made no such assumptions.
No different than there are Transgendered Republicans like Caitlyn Jenner.
They exist but just aren't the norm in that party.
Who cares, besides you, if they are the norm or not? You seem to be bothered by the fact that black people are not a monolith when it comes to voting. IOW, not all of them vote for dems.

Old 05-01-2021, 07:18 PM

15,854 posts, read 6,557,396 times
It was tacky and just a tad hypocritical of the posters. They need to apologize.

Old 05-01-2021, 07:22 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,631,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Who cares, besides you, if they are the norm or not? You seem to be bothered by the fact that black people are not a monolith when it comes to voting. IOW, not all of them vote for dems.
Actually not bothered by it at all.
What is bothersome is for Tim Scott to say there is no racism in America.
History proves otherwise.

Old 05-01-2021, 08:27 PM

22,475 posts, read 12,014,567 times
Quote:
You don't think Tim Scott would know if there was "racism"? BTW, he isn't the only black person who feels that way:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1znmW44U6ZY

It would do you well to watch this^^^^

Old 05-01-2021, 08:45 PM

1,153 posts, read 631,855 times
Quote:
Truthfully, the overt and violent aspect of racism is greatly exaggerated. I've traveled the world and I can say that relations between Whites and Blacks in the USA are generally much better than many parts of the globe, including Cuba where I've been despite the Cuban government telling a different story.

There's still racism here of course. There's still people and families that will stereotype Blacks negatively and theres some corrupt people in high positions with these views.

But, overall, its very exaggerated in 2021. I've been to a city in Connecticut where there was a big Klan rally in 1982 and an older Puerto Rican friend of mines got attacked at that rally but I've never once faced any racism at all when I used to work in that same town.

Nowadays, there's slightly more class tension than race tension in America but that's another topic by itself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies