Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2021, 11:57 AM

5,581 posts, read 2,308,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
That was done to people who were trying to disrupt the free speech of Trump.
Free speech means the government won't stop/punish you for speaking. You clearly don't understand the constitution. Someone chanting in a rally has zero to do with free speech of Trump. Trump just wanted to silence people that don't agree with him when he got people kicked out of rallies. Exactly what he's doing to the GOP members of congress. Blocking opposing viewpoints. Not related to free speech though, since the government isn't punishing anyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

7,420 posts, read 2,709,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
He certainly made it famous.

You’re not bored. You can’t stay away and are simply avoiding the question.

What did he take/do to you for you to have such disdain for him? Hurt feelings, took your stuff, changed Obuma policies, etc...?
Although I cannot speak for the poster to whom you directed the question, I do have an opinion and question for you as a reply.
Q)Why does one have disdain for the disgraced former president, you ask?
A) Democracy is fragile. Trump has shown himself to be deliberately dangerous to democracy. Why do you support the overthrow of our government and democracy itself?

And btw, contrary to the disgraced one's beliefs, negative publicity is not always a good thing. The growing list of non-supporters is a testament to this. Word to the wise: Don't just count the number of pages here on CD, you might want to check out the content and substance of the posts on those pages. Just sayin'.

Last edited by corpgypsy; 05-05-2021 at 12:08 PM..

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
It’s hilarious how these folks think because Trumps businesses should work for free, especially since every President uses taxpayer money for trips.

Wonder if Sleepy Joe is going to donate his salary and pay for his own trips
Quote:
Give me one single example of anyone that has been banned from Parler that anyone would have ever heard of.

I thought you wanted Parler to have "rules" as well? Banning people who are doing nothing but trolling keeps the active discussion channels open instead of closed!

Name a single person that was banned for stating an idea.

I'll wait.
When Parler first started lots of folks went on and trolled...and got booted -- it was written about etc.https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20...snt-like.shtml

So what they have the right to do so. They banned people that they said didn't comply with their TOS......

Old 05-05-2021, 11:59 AM

8,943 posts, read 2,965,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
Free speech means the government won't stop/punish you for speaking. You clearly don't understand the constitution. Someone chanting in a rally has zero to do with free speech of Trump. Trump just wanted to silence people that don't agree with him when he got people kicked out of rallies. Exactly what he's doing to the GOP members of congress. Blocking opposing viewpoints. Not related to free speech though, since the government isn't punishing anyone.
This is silly.

Name one person in history who doesn't remove people who disrupt speech from their rallies.

That's not what we're talking about here and you know it.

Trump isn't "blocking" any opposing viewpoints. he LOVES opposing viewpoints and attacks (by debate) the ones he disagrees with.

What planet are you on?

Old 05-05-2021, 12:03 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,253,620 times
Quote:
Who expects him to have a technological marvel?
He know technology better than anyone....of course. In his own words from twitter.....

The Democrats are trying to belittle the concept of a Wall, calling it old fashioned. The fact is there is nothing else’s that will work, and that has been true for thousands of years. It’s like the wheel, there is nothing better. I know tech better than anyone, & technology.....

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 21, 2018

"Better than anyone," he wrote. Not "reasonably well." Not even "very well" or "extremely well," but better than any person in existence.

Old 05-05-2021, 12:03 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
When Parler first started lots of folks went on and trolled...and got booted -- it was written about etc.https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20...snt-like.shtml

So what they have the right to do so. They banned people that they said didn't comply with their TOS......
LOL. From my earlier link:
Quote:
Parler supporters keep yelling at me saying that of course Parler has to ban "leftist trolls" for trolling... and none of them yet recognize the irony of what they're saying, and how it proves my point.

Old 05-05-2021, 12:05 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Although I cannot speak for the poster to whom you directed the question, I do have an opinion and question for you as a reply.
Q)Why does one have disdain for the disgraced former president, you ask?
A) Democracy is fragile. Trump has shown himself to be dangerous to democracy. Why do you support the overthrow of our government and democracy itself?

And btw, contrary to the disgraced one's beliefs, negative publicity is not always a good thing. The growing list of non-supporters is a testament to this. Word to the wise: Don't just count the number of pages here on CD, you might want to check out the content and substance of the posts on those pages. Just sayin'.
Opinions vary. Just because you think he’s dangerous to democracy doesn’t mean he is.

I don’t support it, and it’s your opinion that he has. You seem to think that what you believe is the end all be all, when in fact, it’s not.

Who said negative publicity was a good thing? I have indeed checked them out and his haters are filled with assumptions and accusations, much like the Dem goosechase that’s turned up nothing in 4+ years and $40m+.

Old 05-05-2021, 12:06 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Give me one single example of anyone that has been banned from Parler that anyone would have ever heard of.

I thought you wanted Parler to have "rules" as well? Banning people who are doing nothing but trolling keeps the active discussion channels open instead of closed!

Name a single person that was banned for stating an idea.

I'll wait.
Devin nunes cow

Old 05-05-2021, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
He know technology better than anyone....of course. In his own words from twitter.....

The Democrats are trying to belittle the concept of a Wall, calling it old fashioned. The fact is there is nothing else’s that will work, and that has been true for thousands of years. It’s like the wheel, there is nothing better. I know tech better than anyone, & technology.....

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 21, 2018

"Better than anyone," he wrote. Not "reasonably well." Not even "very well" or "extremely well," but better than any person in existence.
Who needs a wall after all? Sleepy Joe just let’s immigrants in with no virus testing, vetting, etc... Gotta get them votes, though

Old 05-05-2021, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post

Lol. Must be usual deflection as it has zero to do with the statement I made that you quoted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies