Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2021, 01:52 PM

78,431 posts, read 60,613,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
My mother told me there was a lot of tension and violence between blacks and Asians when she was a teen in 1940s NYC. So it’s nothing new.
That's the new narrative.

The 2020 narrative was that there is a huge surge in violence on asians, by whites inspired by Trump.

Accompanied by national headline news like "White womans yells at asian jogger".

But now that the election is over AND REALITY IS PROVING INCREASINGLY EMBARASSING, we have people attempting to deny there was any surge in hate crimes against asians.

NYC even created a special Asian hate crime division....but here you are spinning it's nothing new.

That's some vile spin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2021, 01:59 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,505,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
That's the new narrative.

The 2020 narrative was that there is a huge surge in violence on asians, by whites inspired by Trump.

Accompanied by national headline news like "White womans yells at asian jogger".

But now that the election is over AND REALITY IS PROVING INCREASINGLY EMBARASSING, we have people attempting to deny there was any surge in hate crimes against asians.

NYC even created a special Asian hate crime division....but here you are spinning it's nothing new.

That's some vile spin.
You’re calling me vile simply because I point out the truth? I simply reported that the tension between blacks and Asians has been going on a long time. In 1940’s there were lots of violent incidents against the Koreans by blacks in NYC.

I’m glad that NYC created the Asian hate crime division, but that’s more a sign of the times than it is the sign of it being a new concern. Back in the 1940s, there wouldn’t have been a separate department dedicated to that.

Old 05-06-2021, 02:05 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,235,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
The people of San Francisco voted for Chesa Boudin, did they not? His radical past was not a secret, and I would assume that he made his soft-on-crime views very clear during the campaign. And yet, they voted for him. Thus, the people of San Francisco voted to allow criminals to commit crimes with near impunity, while innocent people just have to put up with getting assaulted or having their stores robbed or having their neighborhoods littered with needles and excrement. This is what they wanted, and this is what they are getting.

And I hate to say it, but if that 36-year-old Asian father voted for Chesa Boudin, he effectively voted to allow himself to get assaulted.

The people of San Francisco is trying to recall Boudin.

Old 05-06-2021, 02:09 PM

16,558 posts, read 10,635,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
That's some vile spin.
Can't tell if you're joking or not, but Rachel isn't spinning anything. There have been tensions between blacks and Asians for a long time. Some black people resent Asians for opening up shops in their neighborhood instead of black people opening up shops there. (My response is, what stopped the black people from opening them? It's easier to complain about someone else than to fix your own problems.) For their part, Asians resent black people for beating them up and shoplifting from their stores.

I don't know if there really has been a surge in anti-Asian hate crimes recently or if it's always been at this level and it's only now getting reported. I suspect it's some of both. Of course, white people are not immune from being racist against Asians. From where I stand, it seems like a lot of the anti-Asian behavior from white people takes the form of mocking and insulting them, but not harming them physically. I'm not defending anyone insulting anyone, and the people who do it should knock it off. But at least it's better than physically assaulting them.

Old 05-06-2021, 02:10 PM

589 posts, read 756,954 times
A Asian-American leader in San Francisco was also attacked recently, and he was attacked while he was on his way to visit a elderly Asian man who was recovering from being beaten himself...Of course, the msm doesn't seem to care since the perps are not white, it doesn't help the agenda.

Old 05-06-2021, 02:55 PM

4,509 posts, read 1,864,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
Where is this black on Asian violence coming from all of a sudden? Or has it been a constant and it is only now being publicized. I am betting it has been going on for decades, but it has just only caught on with the evil, biased MSM now.
I’d bet it’s always been happening, and not just to Asians. There are a lot of blacks out there who attack people of all races.

What happened was, the media created the massive hoax of “Asian hate”, which they purported was caused by white supremacists who were triggered by trump’s phrase “china virus”

Their goal was to continue the mission of painting the image of trump and his supporters being lowlife racists and moron democrats everywhere fell for it, just like the russia hoax and everything else.

Old 05-06-2021, 09:43 PM

31,061 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonaos View Post
A Asian-American leader in San Francisco was also attacked recently, and he was attacked while he was on his way to visit a elderly Asian man who was recovering from being beaten himself...Of course, the msm doesn't seem to care since the perps are not white, it doesn't help the agenda.
Obviously, the "Asian-american leader" was a white supremist

Old 05-06-2021, 11:37 PM

9,881 posts, read 4,650,430 times
A recent stabbing suspect was arrested 24 times in 20 years and had stabbed a person in 2017 and put on a pysch hold in 2019.

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...rrest-history/

https://nypost.com/2021/05/06/video-...san-francisco/

Old 05-06-2021, 11:56 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
A recent stabbing suspect was arrested 24 times in 20 years and had stabbed a person in 2017 and put on a pysch hold in 2019.

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...rrest-history/

https://nypost.com/2021/05/06/video-...san-francisco/
Ahhhh, the revolving door of justice strikes again. Sadly, consequences aren’t stiff enough for these folks. The threat and following through of capital punishment would be such a welcome punishment for these thugs.

Old 05-06-2021, 11:59 PM

24,636 posts, read 9,464,279 times
It’s the “legacy of slavery” that forces people to lose control of their hands and attack innocent Asian Americans unprovoked at the adult age of 26.

The suspect just couldn’t help himself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies