Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2021, 02:05 PM

26,557 posts, read 15,127,776 times

Advertisements

Vaclav Havel would say that in the eastern bloc everyone would be silent and repeat the lies knowing that they were lies. You'd put up the poster with the current party slogan in your window not to convince others to change their minds or because you believed it, but simply to show the authorities that you were compliant, that you wouldn't be trouble so your life could stay intact.

This is woke culture.

People know the woke agenda has a foundation of lies, but they would rather repeat it or be silent then be doxed, lose friends, get fired, and get cancelled.

My woke "diversity and inclusion training" would take anti-science positions, illogical positions, ignored government stats, use the wrong definitions, openly promote dictionary definition racism, and other BS to just an absurd level that I guarantee almost everyone in the room had to know much of the training was a lie, but no one would speak publicly in front of the whole group on any point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2021, 02:08 PM

16,216 posts, read 11,355,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Vaclav Havel would say that in the eastern bloc everyone would be silent and repeat the lies knowing that they were lies. You'd put up the poster with the current party slogan in your window not to convince others to change their minds or because you believed it, but simply to show the authorities that you were compliant, that you wouldn't be trouble so your life could stay intact.

This is woke culture.

People know the woke agenda has a foundation of lies, but they would rather repeat it or be silent then be doxed, lose friends, get fired, and get cancelled.

My woke "diversity and inclusion training" would take anti-science positions, illogical positions, ignored government stats, use the wrong definitions, openly promote dictionary definition racism, and other BS to just an absurd level that I guarantee almost everyone in the room had to know much of the training was a lie, but no one would speak publicly in front of the whole group on any point.
That it surely is! Because too many people are afraid to think, to dissent, and/or to re-examine their convictions.

Old 05-06-2021, 02:23 PM

52,692 posts, read 34,624,865 times
Quote:

This is woke culture.

excellent post, +1

Diversity Training Doesn’t Work. And Don’t Bother Fixing It.

Old 05-06-2021, 02:39 PM

6,157 posts, read 3,376,909 times
There are definitely similarities between Stalinist Russia and the woke cancel culture of today. Anybody who denies this either doesn’t know history very well, or is flat out lying.

But we are all at fault because nobody thought it could happen here. We let it happen. Now, it’s probably too late to stop it.

The ones that are currently cheering it on because it fits their narrative are also too stupid to realize that eventually it will come for them, too.

Old 05-06-2021, 02:42 PM

1,169 posts, read 753,473 times
Quote:

Why would your training do that? Maybe you aren't the one suitable to develop such training. Obviously. Unless you have nothing else better to do - other than start inflammatory whine-rants on City Data?

Old 05-06-2021, 02:57 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,499,977 times
Yes. Please make sure everyone you know understands that DIE programs are foot-in-the-door policies. They start out with rather vague talks of inclusion and diversity but after everyone in the .org has gone through the classes they start adding bits and piece of Critical Race Theology into the “training” program. Everyone is for inclusion but like I’ve repeatedly said inclusion does not mean including everyone, it means including everyone who thinks in a Critical Race Theology frame of mind. Diversity does not mean diversity of opinions, it means diversity of identities who all have a Critical Race Theology frame of mind. Equity is just evil because of how it has to be achieved and the people proposing it know this and their response is to move the goalposts or change the subject. They can’t get equitable outcomes without becoming, at the minimum, authoritarians. At worse the system becomes totalizing in nature encompassing every aspect of your life down to your very thoughts. Heck, they’ve even proposed that your subconscious thoughts should be in the table. That 20 milliseconds you took on your IAT showing you’re a racist requires the entire US political system to be overthrown, never mind that it’s not repeatable.

Old 05-06-2021, 03:26 PM

26,557 posts, read 15,127,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaflyer View Post
Why would your training do that? Maybe you aren't the one suitable to develop such training. Obviously. Unless you have nothing else better to do - other than start inflammatory whine-rants on City Data?
Your response doesn't compute.

I didn't develop the training.

The obvious BS from my "diversity and inclusion training" include, but are not limited to:

-Only white people can be racist

-Only white people are responsible for mass pollution on earth

-The definition of Capitalism is to oppress minorities, so to love capitalism is to love racism

-Literally called out Elizabeth Warren for using the dictionary definition of Capitalism, because she didn't use their invented definition

-Cops systemically shoot blacks for being black. Notice how liberals don't push back when it is pointed out that the gap between Asians and whites is bigger than the gap between whites and blacks with police shootings? Are police racist against whites in favor of Asians? Any honest and semi-informed person with an IQ north of 85 knows that although a few cops may be bad, the fact is that groups that are less likely to resist arrest and less likely to commit violent crime will have disproportionately fewer bad police interactions. Yet people just go along with the BS to appease the cancel culture mob.

-There is no such thing as natural intelligence gifts you can be born with. Science denying by the left right here.

Etc...

Most of my coworkers are to the left. I guarantee you they know the above are woke lies, but they put the sign up in the window like in the USSR to say we all know it is BS, but I am compliant, don't ruin me.

Old 05-06-2021, 03:39 PM

4,908 posts, read 3,368,103 times
These Key Similarities Between Lenin’s Red Terror and America’s Woke Culture Reveal Left’s Blueprint For Complete Takeover:

https://www.revolver.news/2021/04/wo...ik-red-terror/

Old 05-06-2021, 03:49 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,320,431 times
But at least the USSR was trying to do something specific, trying to create a communist worker's paradise. I don't know what the f$%k these people are trying to accomplish.

Old 05-06-2021, 04:09 PM

16,216 posts, read 11,355,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaflyer View Post
And just who appointed you to be judge, jury, and Court of Final Appeal?

The only whine-rant here is yours -- because the truth cuts a little too close to the quick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkaiBeatBoxer View Post
I guess McCarthyism is still alive.

That it is -- in the paranoia and power-hunger of the "wokesters".

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 05-06-2021 at 04:22 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies