Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2021, 06:36 AM

4,868 posts, read 2,676,734 times

Advertisements

ya need a 4 wheel drive jacked up Ford F250 with 3 foot long steel spikes welded to the front bumper..make shish kabobs out of 'em..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2021, 06:40 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,119,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branDcalf View Post
Domestic terrorists.
A very good point was made this morning on Twitter, and I was fortunate enough to see it, as it caused me to reevaluate some things.

Conservatives refer to Antifa, Blac Bloc and other groups as domestic terrorists. Non-conservatives refer to Proud Boys, III% and other groups as domestic terrorists. Both sides want the government to crack down on the other side's "terrorists."

Regardless of any group affiliations, these people are all Americans, whether they like it, or not.

Do we really want the "war on terror" to be waged against Americans? That's what we're asking for. Think very carefully about what it would mean, and ask yourself if that's really what you want.

Me? I'm looking for alternate solutions now. To a hammer, everything looks like a nail, and the United States government wields a very, very big and heavy hammer. I'd rather not be seen as a nail.

Old 05-07-2021, 06:45 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,992,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
The reason why there hasn't been a response by anyone to the right of Karl Marx is that those events happen predominately in blue cities.

I've mentioned this before in this forum, but during the George Floyd riots, there was one attempt by a BLM to block the Pensacola Bay Bridge. And that ended up with Jason Uphaus being taken for a ride for the entirety of the three miles and delivered into the hands of the police. It wasn't tolerated here.

As long as these events and subsequent lack of law enforcement responses are siloed in blue cities, I don't think there is going to be much of a response from those of us that are not confronted with it.

Sympathy riots/looting over Saint Floyd popped up in Scottsdale and Phoenix also, and were squashed pretty quick, and Maricopa county is blue (but not as blue as Multnomah county).

But many people have been glued to online media in the last year also with covid lockdowns and all, and these woketard shenanigans are being observed outside of the MSM controlled propaganda on cable news.

I hope midterms smash the idiot left.

Old 05-07-2021, 06:46 AM

3,226 posts, read 1,607,268 times
From Portland police...

The man that was tackled had his gun stolen, also tools and the keys to the car stolen.

https://www.portlandoregon.gov/polic...c=1&ch=twitter

Old 05-07-2021, 06:49 AM

7,928 posts, read 3,475,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
A very good point was made this morning on Twitter, and I was fortunate enough to see it, as it caused me to reevaluate some things.

Conservatives refer to Antifa, Blac Bloc and other groups as domestic terrorists. Non-conservatives refer to Proud Boys, III% and other groups as domestic terrorists. Both sides want the government to crack down on the other side's "terrorists."

Regardless of any group affiliations, these people are all Americans, whether they like it, or not.

Do we really want the "war on terror" to be waged against Americans? That's what we're asking for. Think very carefully about what it would mean, and ask yourself if that's really what you want.

Me? I'm looking for alternate solutions now. To a hammer, everything looks like a nail, and the United States government wields a very, very big and heavy hammer. I'd rather not be seen as a nail.
If laws are enforced evenly there's no need for the labels.

Old 05-07-2021, 06:50 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,987,872 times
Just another peaceful protest. Nothing to see here. All is fine. We don't need no police anymore. These types can run our country for us. We will all live like kings then.

I do feel for people living in Portland. Goodness what a hole.

Old 05-07-2021, 06:52 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,992,378 times
Quote:

When a group of armed militants drag an old man out of his vehicle that simply wants to pass by, and beat him in the street, guess what. You are an American domestic terrorist by definition .

Quote:
This is primarily a local issue, not a federal one.

The cities where this is prevalent are not responding in any meaningful way, much less taking measures to prevent it.

What is scary is the point when citizens get exhausted with local govt inaction, to the point where they start taking measures in their own hands against these thuggish militias.

Old 05-07-2021, 06:53 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,119,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken_N View Post
They own the streets, they own the media, they own the schools, they own the narrative in corporate American culture, they are rewriting history. They are organized, they share tactics, and I don’t see any effective opposition.
Please, everyone, read this, and GET it. Understand what's going on.

These people believe they're fomenting a communist revolution. AND THEY'RE EXECUTING IT WITHOUT OPPOSITION.

A revolution doesn't have to involve half the People. It doesn't have to involve a military coup. All that a revolution is, is a transfer of political power from one person or group to another, and THAT'S WHAT'S HAPPENING.

People with a world view that's antithetical to the fundamental principles of freedom and equality that this country was founded on have taken control of most institutions in this country and are in the process of completing the subversion with their takeover of the government. Education, media and big business have already been fully subverted. Government/military is the last step.

It doesn't matter where you stand on the political spectrum. If you believe in the core ideas this country was founded upon, you need to be fighting this. These people aren't on your side, about anything, and if they complete their takeover of government, which honestly is pretty likely, we're f'd. And I mean that in the darkest possible way. The entire globe will see tyranny like it's never seen before, and escaping it will be nearly impossible due to the technology we have today.

Old 05-07-2021, 06:55 AM

2,486 posts, read 1,420,936 times
Anyone who trys to pull me over who isnt a policeman will smell gunpowder .

Old 05-07-2021, 06:55 AM

78,435 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post
If their "protest" had a permit, there would have been public markings showing the guy which street to avoid.

These look like idiot woketards who in their arrogance think they own the public road by occupying it.

Good luck on getting the city of Portland to hunt down these violent idiots, and actually charge them with anything.

Citizens in Portland are on their own.
Yes, this is a problem for citizens of Portland.

Would love to see this elderly man show up at the city council meeting with a news crew and ask why his assailants were not arrested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies