Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2021, 09:43 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,796,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Excellent point. With 108 million shots given and the incidence of severe side effects extremely rare, the track record of the mRNA vaccines are better and safer than all of the items you listed.

Pfizer is asking FDA for full approval. At a minimum there needs to be 6 months of data post-vaccination; Pfizer got the EUA in mid-December so 6 months is coming up soon. Add 2 months for FDA review. That suggests full approval by late summer or fall.

Once full approval is granted then employers, schools, the military, etc. can make getting the vaccination a condition of employment or admittance if they want to, as they do now for measles, hepatitis, mumps, etc.
They are already making it a condition of employment and attendance, and it only has an EUA.

Old 05-08-2021, 09:46 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
People can’t survive without an income. It’s really dismissive to claim people can just leave their livelihoods in order to not have to get injected with a pharmaceutical a unethical product or attend school.

Some states either already have or are trying hard to eliminate school exemptions. It’s not always easy to opt out.

Coercion and force are wrong.
So you are against capitalism when it doesn't adhere to your own personal beliefs. I'm not surprised in the least.

Old 05-08-2021, 09:48 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
So you are against capitalism when it doesn't adhere to your own personal beliefs. I'm not surprised in the least.

There are limits to everything. It boils down to bodily autonomy for me. I own my body, not the government and not my employer.

Old 05-08-2021, 09:50 AM

Quote:
There are limits to everything. It boils down to bodily autonomy for me. I own my body, not the government and not my employer.
Absolutely. And every employer has the right to decide whether or not you will work for them. That's the capitalist society we live in.

We are in agreement.

Old 05-08-2021, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Absolutely. And every employer has the right to decide whether or not you will work for them. That's the capitalist society we live in.

We are in agreement.
We are not in agreement.

Old 05-08-2021, 09:53 AM

Quote:
We are not in agreement.
So you would prefer another system rather than capitalism, which gives the employer the right to decide who works for them? So which system would YOU prefer?

Old 05-08-2021, 09:54 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:

We are in agreement.
lol did you just learn the word capitalism today? Well at least the spelling of it, because you clearly dont know the definition.

Old 05-08-2021, 09:55 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,796,721 times
Quote:

We are in agreement.
No it's not. It's the fantasy land version of 'capitalism' that exists in your mind.

Old 05-08-2021, 09:55 AM

3,187 posts, read 1,509,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scot892 View Post
I don't agree that anybody should be forced/mandated in getting the vaccination by anyone, including businesses. Businesses requiring employees to get vaccinated to keep their job should leave politics out. Why should they mandate it to keep their jobs? Does getting the vaccination make them more productive? I think not. Most people get the flu, they call in sick when they do. You can still catch Covid whether you're vaccinated or not and if they do catch it, they will not report to work. Simple as that.
They are totally jumping the gun here just to make the hypochondriacs feel "safe" in an office again. It will be a moot point soon. At home Covid testing kits are available now. Combine that with a pill that should be available next year that your Dr. can call in to a pharmacy like Tamiflu. You can take it at home and not even need in person treatment. The vaccines won't be needed or wanted then. No one even knows how long they will work. I refuse to be a lab rat for something I may never get.

Old 05-08-2021, 09:56 AM

Quote:
So you would prefer another system rather than capitalism, which gives the employer the right to decide who works for them? So which system would YOU prefer?
I definitely prefer capitalism but do not see any reason for employers to make private medical decisions contingent upon employment. Do you think employers should be able to fire someone for having an abortion or for being pregnant or for forgoing chemotherapy or for taking birth control pills and so on and so forth. It has nothing to do with work performance or employment qualifications. There are limits to everything. The world is not as black and white as you are attempting to make it out to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies