Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2021, 07:19 PM

2,367 posts, read 909,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Failing to vote a single time is not valid evidence someone has moved.
Of course it's not. And the person is still registered to vote. This is for the early voting list. The government is just verifying the voter still wants to be on the pevl list. And if no answer, the voter is not removed from voting. Only removed from pevl.

We all have experience with keeping info updated. If there is no bank activity for a long time, the bank sends you a notice. If you don't respond, your account gets frozen. Updating info is a normal part of life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2021, 07:22 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPibbs View Post
It's an early voting list, it's the voter's request for how he wants to vote. So yes, you should respond. It's no more "nagging" than a ballot or a dmv renewal.

It sounds more and more like you want to keep people on the list who are no longer at the registration address?
Bingo

It’s really simple for those that think it’s nagging. Throw the documents away and don’t worry about it.

Old 05-11-2021, 07:23 PM

8,634 posts, read 10,152,688 times
Quote:
That's what the hope is for sure. But I'm sure most people will jump threw the extra unneeded hoop to vote.
No, that's what the lie from the left is.

Old 05-11-2021, 07:26 PM

7,511 posts, read 4,355,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
That moron state voted for biden

Hell with them
That's why I don't even bother responding to them. You just can't argue with ignorance. It's an exercise in futility.

Old 05-11-2021, 07:27 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,219,510 times
Quote:
You shouldn't have to respond to nagging government letters to stay on a voter list.
Should I have to pay my income taxes, above whatever is withheld from my paycheck?

Does AZ - or heck, GA where you live - have a requirement to update your information (driver's license, maybe tag, voter registration) within a certain period of moving?

Old 05-11-2021, 07:32 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,219,510 times
Quote:
Failing to vote a single time is not valid evidence someone has moved.
I'm sorry to educate you, but every single voting precinct in the US has a vote every 2 years for your Congressman/woman.

Since I'm not worried about my ID, and keeping my info current, etc ad nauseum, I may not be as up on this law as you - it's > years, right? So a full 2X Congress, 1X POTUS, everything in the state, probably 1-2X City Council, etc etc ... right?

Old 05-11-2021, 08:03 PM

768 posts, read 300,116 times
Trying to find a solution for something that isn't even a problem just because you are upset you lost an election. I guess that is the Republican way these days.

Meanwhile we have these two jabronis running around the country making robocalls to inner city residents threatening them if they vote by mail. How about these Republican legislatures spend some time figuring out how we can better stop idiots like this messing with our elections?

Quote:
Both Wohl and Burkman are well-known activists who have pushed conspiracy theories in the past.

In the months leading up to the November General Election, the two reportedly made 85,000 robocalls around the country, including 12,000 to phone numbers in the 313 area code.

The calls falsely warned residents in Detroit that by voting by mail, they could be subject to arrest, debt collection, or forced vaccination.
https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/men...-head-to-trial

Old 05-11-2021, 08:24 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
I don't think the government has any right to be rescinding someone's right to vote. The right to vote also implies a right not to vote if you feel so inclined. We don't repeal drivers' licenses because someone does not drive for a certain period because we respect that they have earned that privilege and are entitled to exercise it or not. Same with voting. Once you register it should be for life whether you do it or not.

Old 05-11-2021, 08:33 PM

8,342 posts, read 6,433,296 times
Democrats want obsolete voter rolls so they can use those names on their fake ballots they make up.

Old 05-11-2021, 08:42 PM

2,082 posts, read 924,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ykcawtsrif View Post
Proof?
Some Noncitizens Do Wind Up Registered To Vote, But Usually Not On Purpose

https://www.npr.org/2019/02/26/69784...not-on-purpose

Glitches in California Embolden Automatic Voter Registration Foes

But DMV officials later found more than 100,000 registration errors in the first year, including some voters registered to the wrong party. And at least one noncitizen (state officials still are investigating how many in total) was accidentally signed up — a significant error since noncitizens aren’t allowed to vote.

https://www.pewtrusts.org/en/researc...istration-foes

San Francisco will allow noncitizens to vote in a local election ...

https://www.latimes.com/local/califo...026-story.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies