Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2021, 11:50 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times

Advertisements

trump is & was garbage. Period. You know it, I know it, the entire world knows it. End of story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2021, 11:55 AM

2,942 posts, read 1,638,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littletraveller View Post
Don't get me wrong, he got a lot done. But he didn't finish building the wall. That was his biggest promise.

So Trump is a good president, but he stops short of being great.

Your thoughts?
Rome wasn't built in a day.

Old 05-14-2021, 11:55 AM

24,495 posts, read 17,239,538 times
Trump could have been one of the Greats but the Democrats were too petty to allow it and America to be great.

Who would have ever thought that a President that wanted to MAGA, which was meant for every citizen and Legal immigrant could be cast and vilified like he was an enemy of the state?

Such is the power of the Democrats media propaganda machine.

Old 05-14-2021, 11:57 AM

15,840 posts, read 6,543,563 times
Mediocre is not the same as good. His one "notable" accomplishment was tax cuts for the wealthy. Yeah, like we needed that. Yep, he rebuilt parts of the wall. I suppose that can be considered an infrastructure project.

Old 05-14-2021, 11:58 AM

7,928 posts, read 3,469,281 times
He did as well as he could having the whole of the Washington establishment against him. He promised to drain the swamp and he did. He drained it and exposed the creatures that lurk within for all to see. Unfortunately those creatures didn't go away they just filled the swamp back up again, even deeper this time. But now we know they're there and we know who they are.

Old 05-14-2021, 12:00 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,414,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Mediocre is not the same as good. His one "notable" accomplishment was tax cuts for the wealthy. Yeah, like we needed that.
He did put together Warp Speed also which did accelerate vaccine development, even though he didn’t do any of the actual work of course, I do think he deserves some credit for that. Of course his accomplishments pale in comparison to the ways in which he tarnished the office with his behavior.

Old 05-14-2021, 12:02 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Oh come on, it’s the bipartisan assessment of US intelligence that Russia sought to sow discord and increase political division and chaos in the US in both 2016 and 2020. In addition to the factual evidence US intelligence has seen in making that determination, it is also intuitively obvious why that would be Russia’s aim, as it weakens America when we have such intense internal divisions. You’ve clearly tuned out all fact based information on this subject because of your desire to downplay Trump’s role in it.
the person i quoted said these were direct 'orders' to trump, which he followed slavishly.
so you don't have a scintilla of evidence for the existence of these 'orders' or trump following them, either?

quelle surprise

hopefully mr. rubbish isn't paying you much to go to bat on his behalf. it would be money poorly spent.

Old 05-14-2021, 12:04 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,414,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
the person i quoted said these were direct 'orders' to trump, which he followed slavishly.
so you don't have a scintilla of evidence for the existence of these 'orders' or trump following them, either?

quelle surprise
No, Russian intelligence did not issue explicit orders to Trump. That’s not how intelligence services operate with opposing heads of state. Russia did demonstrate they could coerce Trump into taking public positions supporting Russian interests though, which he did on multiple occasions.

Old 05-14-2021, 12:07 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
No, Russian intelligence did not issue explicit orders to Trump.
the person i quoted claimed they did, before you attempted a rescue.

Quote:
That’s not how intelligence services operate.
i didn't say they did. the quote you're defending did, though..

Quote:
Russia did demonstrate they could coerce Trump into taking public positions supporting Russian interests though, which he did on multiple occasions.
false. cite proof of this 'coercion.' you cannot.

Old 05-14-2021, 12:10 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
Right like how Obama said we could keep our doctors and that ACA was truly affordable---where do I start with that?

At least Trump got rid of the mandate where you're penalized financially if you can't afford garbage insurance.

If any American wants to sit and eat/smoke/drink themselves to death, that's their business. What do I care?
Do you believe in/think we should keep Medicare ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies