Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2021, 09:09 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,543,687 times

Advertisements

Just wait when the federal government goes insolvent (it’s going to happen) and these lifelong dependents don’t get their checks. Reference the collapse of the Soviet Union.

Old 05-17-2021, 09:10 AM

50,327 posts, read 47,088,247 times
I don't need it and it doesn't make sense but, whatever. I guess I'll buy more ammo and maybe another AR-15. Ghost gun lowers on sale right now.

Last edited by 1AngryTaxPayer; 05-17-2021 at 09:29 AM..

Old 05-17-2021, 09:16 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,227,836 times
Muh entitlement and beyond.

Old 05-17-2021, 09:17 AM

424 posts, read 175,964 times
I'm not really seeing the issue. It's the same Child Tax Credit that has been around for a long time. My kids are too old for us to benefit from this, but I don't really care if other families get an extra $300/month per kid in exchange for them not getting the lump-sum child tax credit in April. It will be good for those who are responsible with money (who will use it toward their monthly bills or paying off debt) and not as good for those who count on their tax refunds to buy junk that they can't afford.

Many first-world nations give families a stipend when they have minor children in the home. Nice to see us catching up, I guess. Wish it could have been when I had little ones, as we really could have used the extra money when we were living on one income so I could stay home and care for my young children. I'm sure plenty of young families (both republican and democrat) will also make good use of it, the same way they make good use of public schools, WIC, library storytimes, and various other government-funded programs.

Old 05-17-2021, 09:22 AM

7,977 posts, read 4,990,828 times
Why should we have to foot the bill for people making stupid decisions like Impregnation of spawn they Can’t afford to have?

The government should pay people money to obtain common sense.

Old 05-17-2021, 09:26 AM

424 posts, read 175,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
Why should we have to foot the bill for people making stupid decisions like Impregnation of spawn they Can’t afford to have?

The government should pay people money to obtain common sense.
There have always been tax breaks for families with children. Those children will one day wipe your butt when you're too old and decrepit to do it yourself, so the government recognizes the benefits of people reproducing.

It looks like couples making up to $150,000 per year qualify for the full benefit. I'm sure the ones making half that or more can afford their kids and didn't have them in hopes that someone might give them a whopping $300/month for them. If you really think it's a windfall, go have a kid and report back on how far that money goes.

Old 05-17-2021, 09:28 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,602,310 times
Shrug. Just one thing someone may be (or not) angry about.

Are you angry about
Congress being bought by various interest groups?
Monopolistic practices of big pharma, big hospitals, big internet providers, professional sports leagues, Big tech?
Media bias
Political indoctrination opinions being taught as facts and forced on students who no interests in those areas?
Gerrymandering
Farm subsidies
The unshakable dualopoly of the 2 political parties.
Former Congressmembers becoming lobbyists for millions a year.
etc etc etc

Old 05-17-2021, 09:35 AM

7,977 posts, read 4,990,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelized Onion View Post
There have always been tax breaks for families with children. Those children will one day wipe your butt when you're too old and decrepit to do it yourself, so the government recognizes the benefits of people reproducing.

It looks like couples making up to $150,000 per year qualify for the full benefit. I'm sure the ones making half that or more can afford their kids and didn't have them in hopes that someone might give them a whopping $300/month for them. If you really think it's a windfall, go have a kid and report back on how far that money goes.
These children won’t even want to work much leas go
To school and play doctor or nurse to me because this country now pays people to sit at home and be lazy or mooch off the tax payers dime. There’s no incentive to be responsible , work hard or go to work period

Old 05-17-2021, 09:39 AM

8,726 posts, read 7,418,936 times
I am more angry about things like a trillion spent in Afghanistan for nation building, or the billions spent for deploying troops to Syria, the million here and there for BS overseas.

The US gov loves to blow money, revenue is never enough for it, so if they are going to waste it, it might as well be wasted on itself, its citizens.

Old 05-17-2021, 09:49 AM

17,402 posts, read 16,553,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
Child Tax credits are not a new thing.

https://www.everycrsreport.com/reports/R45124.html
I was a stay at home mom and I can guarantee you that I never received a $300 stipend per month per child.

A tax credit simply reduces your tax burden when you have dependent children which only seems fair. But this payment appears to be going to anyone with a children, whether they are employed or not, whether they pay taxes or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies