Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2021, 03:04 PM

19,385 posts, read 6,537,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stone26 View Post
Are asylum seekers who are waiting for their court dates illegal immigrants? I'm just asking... for a friend.
This thread is about the illegal immigrant children streaming into the country, with Biden’s encouragement. You’re telling me that 6- and 8- and 10-year old kids are claiming political or religious persecution?

Old 05-20-2021, 03:13 PM

4,450 posts, read 1,736,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
I just googled, and looked at the first result. Given it was from 2021, and a sympathetic source, that was enough for me. Your 2nd article is also current, and quotes the same young person mine did.

And my remarks about "safe" are still true.

The women getting sexually assaulted - what's keeping those same men from committing the same crimes if they were in the US?
The people committing the crimes are mexican cartel. They are not coming to the US. They are staying in Mexico.

Here's some more, albeit older, stories.

Quote:
NUEVO LAREDO, Mexico — David wept as U.S. immigration agents marched him and his child across the bridge into Mexico. “They say here in this country, where we are, they kidnap a lot of people," he said.

They didn't even last the night. Hours later and just three miles away, cartel members surrounded David and a dozen other migrants at a bus station. They were forced into trucks and abducted.

David is among the estimated 42,000 asylum-seekers who’ve been returned to Mexico in recent months under President Trump’s new asylum policies. The Trump administration calls the policy “Migrant Protection Protocols,” but far from offering protection, the policy has led to a brutal wave of kidnappings in some of Mexico’s most dangerous border cities.
https://www.vice.com/en/article/pa7k...er-by-a-cartel

And a report (for lack of better word) just one month after the MPP was implemented..
Quote:
There are already over 340 public reports of rape, kidnapping, torture, and other violent attacks against asylum seekers returned to Mexico under MPP – a sharp increase from August when Human Rights First identified 110 publicly reported attacks against returned individuals. But these kidnappings and assaults are still likely vastly underreported as the overwhelming majority of returned individuals have not spoken with journalists or human rights investigators. These human rights abuses are the predictable result of the Trump Administration and DHS decision to send families and other asylum seekers to wait in dangerous areas, where they are targeted because of their race, gender, sexuality, nationality, and status as migrants.
https://www.humanrightsfirst.org/sit...sfromabove.pdf

Those camps were not safe places at all. I mean, Mexico itself is not a safe place, I imagine these refugee camps brought the worst of the worst ready to take advantage of these people.

Old 05-20-2021, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
This thread is about the illegal immigrant children streaming into the country, with Biden’s encouragement. You’re telling me that 6- and 8- and 10-year old kids are claiming political or religious persecution?
What I am telling you is that you are just blowing hot air. You said you were only against ILLEGAL immigrants. Now, there are legal immigrants who are LEGALLY claiming asylum, and you're attacking them too. You are outright saying their asylum claims are bogus, but that's not for your to decide. What the LAW says (the one you so badly want them to follow) is that the courts will decide if they qualify for asylum, not you, and not me. So, for now, they are LEGALLY allowed to stay, until they are LEGALLY sent back to their home countries. Isn't that what you wanted, LEGAL immigrants?

Next time, just be honest with us and tell us you just don't want ANY immigrants who speak spanish to come to the USA.

Old 05-20-2021, 03:21 PM

[quote=stone26;61085155]What I am telling you is that you are just blowing hot air. You said you were only against ILLEGAL immigrants. Now, there are legal immigrants who are LEGALLY claiming asylum, and you're attacking them too. You are outright saying their asylum claims are bogus, but that's not for your to decide. What the LAW says (the one you so badly want them to follow) is that the courts will decide if they qualify for asylum, not you, and not me. So, for now, they are LEGALLY allowed to stay, until they are LEGALLY sent back to their home countries. Isn't that what you wanted, LEGAL immigrants?

Next time, just be honest with us and tell us you just don't want ANY immigrants who speak spanish to come to the USA.[/QUOTE
And out with the veiled accusation of racism. The default response of leftists.

I never said I don’t want immigrants. I don’t want them entering with bogus claims of asylum, which the vast majority do, jumping in line ahead of people who apply correctly. And most of them never even show up for their hearings. The entire border is completely out of control, thanks to liberals siding against America.

Old 05-20-2021, 03:22 PM

Quote:
What I am telling you is that you are just blowing hot air. You said you were only against ILLEGAL immigrants. Now, there are legal immigrants who are LEGALLY claiming asylum, and you're attacking them too. You are outright saying their asylum claims are bogus, but that's not for your to decide. What the LAW says (the one you so badly want them to follow) is that the courts will decide if they qualify for asylum, not you, and not me. So, for now, they are LEGALLY allowed to stay, until they are LEGALLY sent back to their home countries. Isn't that what you wanted, LEGAL immigrants?

Next time, just be honest with us and tell us you just don't want ANY immigrants who speak spanish to come to the USA.
And out comes a liberal with a LIE and a not-so-veiled accusation of racism.

And P.S. Liberals fight tooth and nail to keep illegal aliens from being deported, no matter what, anyway. So once they’re here with their bogus claims, they know they’re here for good.

Old 05-20-2021, 03:28 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,596,973 times
Quote:
And out comes a liberal with a LIE and a not-so-veiled accusation of racism.
There was absolutely no mention of race in that posters response. Zero. Better luck next time.

Old 05-20-2021, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
There was absolutely no mention of race in that posters response. Zero. Better luck next time.
It was clearly implied with the Spanish bit.

Old 05-20-2021, 03:31 PM

[quote=Rachel976;61085176]
Quote:

Next time, just be honest with us and tell us you just don't want ANY immigrants who speak spanish to come to the USA.[/QUOTE
And out with the veiled accusation of racism. The default response of leftists.

I never said I don’t want immigrants. I don’t want them entering with bogus claims of asylum, which the vast majority do, jumping in line ahead of people who apply correctly. And most of them never even show up for their hearings. The entire border is completely out of control, thanks to liberals siding against America.
I don't think it was veiled at all.

Old 05-20-2021, 03:37 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,596,973 times
Quote:
It was clearly implied with the Spanish bit.
Spanish language is not a race. And that poster has a very good point that they are not illegal while they wait on their status.

Old 05-20-2021, 03:38 PM

24,058 posts, read 15,181,943 times
All this angst regarding illegals.

Looks to me like people should be demanding that the house and senate make a plan about immigration. Something we can all live with. My preference would be to require any CIA agent who advocates the USA meddling in their home country should provide a home for the 1st thousand.

The first step would be to require all of them to watch Roy Beck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies