Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2021, 12:58 PM

3,989 posts, read 6,576,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Um, no it's not pro America to expect existing Americans who pay taxes to support criminals coming in to the county to keep Democrats in office.
Oh? I didn't realize they were all criminals, but thank you for enlightening me.

You could at least TRY to somewhat disguise your ignorance. Maybe just a little.

Old 05-20-2021, 01:06 PM

62,938 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VidSicious View Post
Billionaires.
They exploit the countries these people escape from, and then, they use the migrants as a distraction and pay Fox to demonize them.

Notice that Fox never explains what is causing these people to migrate. Foreign policy and exploitation of their resources is the cause.
They don’t want you to know that.
Also they’re cheap labor so companies hire them.
What's with the Fox reference? The only viable reason to claim asylum in our country is persecution. These asylum seekers aren't being persecuted they are coming here for economic opportunity on the backs of the American worker/taxpayer so most of their claims are bogus. Illegal aliens have no right to violate our borders for any reason either. We know why they come here we are just saying that it's no excuse!

We are aware that some greedy employers want cheap, illegal labor and they need to be held accountable right along with these "migrants".

Old 05-20-2021, 01:07 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,212,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Over the side of the wall that trump built?
over the side of the boat.

Old 05-20-2021, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
Oh? I didn't realize they were all criminals, but thank you for enlightening me.

You could at least TRY to somewhat disguise your ignorance. Maybe just a little.
How are they surviving/working in our country without committing felony ID theft and/or tax evasion? That's not criminal? Violating our immigration laws isn't against the law either? Now who's the ignorant one?

Old 05-20-2021, 01:10 PM

3,989 posts, read 6,576,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
How are they surviving/working in our country without committing felony ID theft and/or tax evasion? That's not criminal? Violating our immigration laws isn't against the law either? Now who's the ignorant one?
Actually you are. Asylum seekers are not breaking laws. Maybe stay in your lane and just keep spewing your stupid nonsense instead of trying to pick apart a comment that wasn't even directed at you.

Old 05-20-2021, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
Yes, we are full.
Water shortages are already happening.
Get a clue.
Being full isn't desirable anyway for so many reasons.

https://www.susps.org/

Old 05-20-2021, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stone26 View Post
No, they are absolutely NOT safe in those border camps that they were living in while waiting for asylum. They were/are actually being targeted by the local gangs in mexico. The women were being sexually assaulted. EVERYONE was in danger of being kidnapped and held for ransom (and many, many WERE kidnapped). And, of course, the US would allow them to come to the border for asylum, process them, and then send them back to Mexico on foot with all their belongings in a giant clear bag, which just made them targets for the mexican gangs. They are/were FAR from safe.
https://www.democracynow.org/2021/2/...xico_matamoros

this is a sympathetic report on Matamoros - easily the largest of the camps. One brief discussion of men entering tents .... but they are their "own people", yes? What would they do in the US?

No mention of kidnapping. No mention of gangs. Maybe you have other links to support your claim.

My comment on safety relates to "from the conditions which cause them to flee their home country".

Old 05-20-2021, 01:17 PM

11,780 posts, read 5,792,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
And I’ll say that again, repubs don’t want their tax money used on American citizens either. They don’t want to give a helping hand at all, regardless how long it short time they are on it. I see this on this very forum consistently.
You can talk until you are blue in the face - I see many on this forum that have no problem with helping "legal" immigrants. You must not read those posts.

I challenge you right now to start a Go Fund Me acct to help all these illegals you are worried about. Come back and post the link as I'm sure all your buddies would be happy to donate.

Problem is - people like you are all talk and no bite - most are so far removed from areas where illegals live - you have no clue to what problems actually occur due to them - you just listen to the liberal news and pat yourself on the back for being such an understanding and kind human being.

I'll wait for the go fund me link.

Old 05-20-2021, 01:18 PM

3,205 posts, read 2,485,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Anti American? No. We know they are seeking a better life & will have a better life in this country. That’s called pro America
At the same time, they are degrading our education, environment and using taxes paid by American citizens. Again, we do NOT owe the world’s population a better way of life. And, illegal immigration is not Pro-America.

Old 05-20-2021, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stone26 View Post
[/b]

No, they'd rather exploit our own citizens with low wages.
that discussion is ongoing on POC.

Basically, you should start your own company, and pay all your employees $20/hr (or more, if needed for COL in your location) + benefits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies