Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2021, 10:48 AM

3,989 posts, read 6,573,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stone26 View Post
Conservatives: "I'm not against immigration, just illegal immigration!"

Also conservatives: (immigrant legally apply for asylum) "No, their asylum claims are bogus (even though they have not read any of the claims)!! They should stay in Mexico!!!! (even though the immigrants are not from Mexico)."

Also conservatives: "We have a labor shortage!!!! No one wants to work for peanuts!!!"
^^^ This pretty much is a fine summary. That's why it's so hard to take these posts seriously. Conservatives claim the "leftist" are all hypocrites and then in the same breath do the exact same things they accuse the other side of. It's all crap of a different stink....

Old 05-20-2021, 10:49 AM

20,758 posts, read 8,562,401 times
I heard about those flights weeks ago by watching Monkey Werx channel on youtube. He is ex-military and keeps track of military air craft so he notices unusual daily flights. I find flights to and from Gitmo and CIA black ops sites interesting if there is an uptick.

Watch the SITREP videos which are most days. He is studying to be a pastor so does weekly religious oriented videos and interviews which I don't watch but may appeal to some.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRDpMusQ-7c

Old 05-20-2021, 10:49 AM

17,349 posts, read 16,485,995 times
Quote:
Conservatives: "I'm not against immigration, just illegal immigration!"

Also conservatives: (immigrant legally apply for asylum) "No, their asylum claims are bogus (even though they have not read any of the claims)!! They should stay in Mexico!!!! (even though the immigrants are not from Mexico)."

Also conservatives: "We have a labor shortage!!!! No one wants to work for peanuts!!!"
You think it's appropriate that children are being dumped, alone, across the border into this country and then the President is directing those children to then be farmed out and dumped into random states for supposedly the schools and the local government social services to take care of?

In what universe is it o.k. to be encouraging any of this?

Those poor kids.

Old 05-20-2021, 10:51 AM

1,706 posts, read 635,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
Not much of a "secret" if you found out about it. Was the word "secret" for dramatic effect?
Exactly, but what else can you expect from fox news. They love spreading fear and panic to their viewers who just eat all of their lies up.

Old 05-20-2021, 10:51 AM

7,343 posts, read 4,363,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
I don’t care. I support their asylum claims and desire to immigrate being handled according to the law regardless of where in the US they are temporarily residing.
According to law they have no asylum claims.

Old 05-20-2021, 10:53 AM

14,834 posts, read 7,407,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
Another incorrect global conclusion. According to the law their claims for asylum will be assessed individually and then judged as to their validity. As I noted before, most claims are typically rejected ultimately.

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Secret. Yes. If secret means all over the news. /shrug
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

25,118 posts, read 16,198,148 times
Quote:
1. Conservatives: "I'm not against immigration, just illegal immigration!"

Also conservatives: 2. (immigrant legally apply for asylum) "No, their asylum claims are bogus (even though they have not read any of the claims)!! 3. They should stay in Mexico!!!! (even though the immigrants are not from Mexico)."

Also conservatives: 4. "We have a labor shortage!!!! No one wants to work for peanuts!!!"
1. Yes.

2. All legal asylum claims should be heard. How many/what % of unaccompanied minors are making asylum claims?

3. The MPP was very effective at reducing illegal border crossings (and seeking asylum, you're still crossing the border illegally) across the board.

If the valid asylum claim - political/criminal conditions at home - was real, then the same # would come to the border, even to stay in Mexico. Because they are far away from the problem in their home country, and thus safe. And if all these claims were valid, then they would STILL have been leaving the home country to escape that strife.

here's the border encounter chart, which includes unaccompanied children. https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/s...der-encounters

4. No, conservatives don't support illegal labor, just to save some $$.

Old 05-20-2021, 10:54 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
According to which law?

US Law says that Political Refugees do have a claim and rights.
https://www.americanimmigrationcounc...-united-states

Best to stick with facts, not your wishes based on lies from the privious admin.

Old 05-20-2021, 10:55 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Biden is now flying the illegal alien children he encouraged to swarm into the country to various cities - without prior notice or approval. These migrants with no parents, minimal education, and no English will then be put into local schools where they will lower the caliber of instruction. The latest is to a mid-size city without the resources to care for them.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...dren-tennessee
Only pro-life for US children, are you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies