Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2021, 10:14 PM

4,391 posts, read 1,699,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Full violation of HIPPA...let the lawsuits begin!

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...-without-mask/
It is NOT a violation of HIPAA. Save your lawyers fees.

Old 05-20-2021, 10:15 PM

795 posts, read 407,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
Such BS.
Probably last a couple weeks.
Pay someone to check and verify every card is legit?
Riiiiiiggghhht.
That’s my bet too. No way employers are going to pay someone to stand at the front door all day and check every single person that walks thru the door. And even if they do, there is nothing stopping anyone from taking their mask off as soon as they are inside anyway.

Old 05-20-2021, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightZeroTX View Post
That's interesting. Here in Texas they just announced that restaurant workers/bartenders can be maskless. I was told by a bartender that the employer cannot ask if they are vaccinated or not, HIPPA violation.
Next time ask a lawyer instead of a bartender, because they’re wrong.

Old 05-20-2021, 10:18 PM

727 posts, read 304,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone26 View Post
Next time ask a lawyer instead of a bartender, because they’re wrong.
Well to be fair, it came from the owner of the restaurant, who consulted a lawyer. I heard this from a few people.

Old 05-20-2021, 10:25 PM

1,812 posts, read 2,224,517 times
Quote:
Well to be fair, it came from the owner of the restaurant, who consulted a lawyer. I heard this from a few people.
Sure you did.

Old 05-20-2021, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swake View Post
Sure you did.
I absolutely have friends who are servers/bartenders at different restaurants. You should get out and talk to people.

Old 05-20-2021, 10:29 PM

Quote:
It’s still wrong. People seem to misinterpret HIPAA all the time on this board (and in political arguments in general). HIPAA protects your medical info from being released by MEDICAL PROVIDERS. People can ask you about your health all they want, you dont have to answer them. Businesses can do the same for customers and employees. It is not a violation, as they are not medical providers who treated you. As a matter of fact, even if “I” knew about your vaccine status and blabbed it all over this board, I STILL wouldn’t be violating HIPAA even though I am a provider, because I am not YOUR provider. I would definitely be a jerk for doing so, though. About the ONLY medical history that does not follow these rules is AIDS/HIV, which are much more strict with confidentiality.

Old 05-20-2021, 10:34 PM

Quote:
It’s still wrong. People seem to misinterpret HIPAA all the time on this board (and in political arguments in general). HIPAA protects your medical info from being released by MEDICAL PROVIDERS. People can ask you about your health all they want, you dont have to answer them. Businesses can do the same for customers and employees. It is not a violation, as they are not medical providers who treated you. As a matter of fact, even if “I” knew about your vaccine status and blabbed it all over this board, I STILL wouldn’t be violating HIPAA even though I am a provider, because I am not YOUR provider. I would definitely be a jerk for doing so, though. About the ONLY medical history that does not follow these rules is AIDS/HIV, which are much more strict with confidentiality.
Thanks for the info. It was just a thought that came to my mind because the restaurant staff mandate was lifted and it was actually funny to see their faces after months of masks. That is how the conversations started. I don't doubt it.

Old 05-20-2021, 11:33 PM

20,657 posts, read 4,428,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Full violation of HIPPA...let the lawsuits begin!

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...-without-mask/
Nope, not a HIPAA violation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
YUGE HIPPA violation.
Lawyers are drooling over the suspension of the constitution by Kung Flu 1984.
Nope, not a HIPAA violation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Who cares? Just wear a freaking mask.
Wear a mask, get vaccinated, get vaccinated and continue wearing a mask until more people are fully vaccinated. Do what works for you.

Just don't complain when places ask if you are vaccinated if you're not wearing a mask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
It's not a HIPAA violation. HIPAA applies to medical providers who cannot disclose your medical history to anyone without your approval.

In this case, it's the business asking. You can say no and be refused service or show your card and move on with life without a giant hair across you anus.
Yes, this is just basic information. You're not being asked for any detailed info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelized Onion View Post
If you're going to pretend you know what HIPAA is, at least spell it correctly!

Also, you're wrong. Businesses asking to see proof of vaccination has zero to do with HIPAA, which is about what insurance companies and medical providers can disclose.
Yes, this is just basic information. You're not being asked for any detailed info.

Quote:
It is NOT a violation of HIPAA. Save your lawyers fees.

Exactly, people up in arms over the wrong thing.

There time would be better spent trying to get more people vaccinated. Once we get to 70%+ vaccinated we'd all be better off.

Old 05-21-2021, 01:54 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,117,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post

When you enter a business you must do as the owner says. If he says show me a vax card you must operate under the assumption that it is his wishes to see it and not the State's edict.
Why are you speaking garbage? This is a mandate on businesses by the health authority to require vaccine cards. This is not a voluntary business decision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies