Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2021, 11:12 PM

4,391 posts, read 1,701,158 times

Advertisements

I dunno. It happened 40 years ago, and he was a stupid 18 year old kid. He tried do the right thing afterwards. Kinda creepy, but it doesnt appear to be illegal since he wasnt arrested. If this is the ONLY case, I can excuse it. If more cases come out (which I don’t expect to happen), then sic the dogs on him.

Comparing this to the Gaetz case is just silly. Gaetz is coming off as a predator. This case doesnt seem to be that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2021, 11:21 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,757,549 times
Only the best and brightest.

Old 05-21-2021, 11:23 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,757,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
What a fine candidate. Sounds like a solid Trump Trooper to me.
Admittedly, the bar is set quite low but this guy slithers under it.
Anyone with a moral compass is disqualified.
Cheney is clearly too normal to be in the party of Trump.
This is exactly how I said it would be. Once Trump won the election the norms were gone. Sleazeballs all over the country rejoiced and threw their hat in the ring of politics. It's gonna get worse.

Old 05-21-2021, 11:24 PM

727 posts, read 304,811 times
Yeah as if the BLM loving Demonrats are squeaky clean, hell our Commander in Chief's own son had his indiscretions swept under the rug. I guess that doesn't fit the mainstream media.

Old 05-21-2021, 11:25 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
I have to agree with the other posters...18 and 14 are not that huge of an age difference, its weird people believe once they hit that magical 18 number, they are suddenly mature adults! LOL

Lets focus on some real problems instead of wasting time on something like, especially since it was 40 yrs ago!!

I thought it was commonly known, that we cannot hold actions of the past, to current standards? whatever happened to that? If we are going to start doing that, we are in for a roller coaster ride!

Old 05-21-2021, 11:45 PM

1,553 posts, read 925,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
This is concerning. At age 18, he got a 14 year old girl pregnant, and later married her, and she committed suicide at the age of 20 and he's estranged from the son they created.

Wow, this guy sounds like another piece of republican work.

Looks like another rough week on tap for the party of "family values"...

Old 05-21-2021, 11:51 PM

30,373 posts, read 19,170,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
https://www.aol.com/news/cheney-prim...195700172.html

This time, it is GOP primary candidate, Anthony Bouchard, who wants to run against Liz Cheney. Now I thought that the Republican party was the party of higher moral standards, at least they claim so, but seriously....what bothers me is his ho-hum response "Everyone's done this"

I can hardly keep a straight face when I sit here and type that I never did that, I never had sex with girls under 18 once I turned 18, then again, I had a moral compass, and a respect for the laws of consent
Oh Wait I'm a democrat

I find it sad that our nation cannot find better candidates, with a population of some 200 million Americans of age to run for office, and this is the best we can find? \\No wonder politics is such a disaster in this country.

It is a shame CATS cannot run for office.
As you suggest, Republicans do have higher moral standards. If a Democrat did the same thing, it would never be investigated and/or covered up. The more perverse the conduct, the more Democrats will support them.

Old 05-22-2021, 12:32 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,583,738 times
There have been rumors for years that many members of Congress and the Senate were being controlled via blackmail for having sex with underage children -- and worse. Some were set up and filmed while others voluntary committed crimes to prove they were part of the DC elites. Sick perverts. Anyone who thinks this is the domain of only one political party is a fool.

Old 05-22-2021, 01:01 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Frankly, after reading this I have nothing but respect for him.

None of us live perfect lives and not everyone is given the benefit of a loving family on which you can build a firm foundation. Sometimes, especially as a young adult, you do things that aren’t the best of choices which have lifelong consequences and, at that point, all you can do is try to figure out what you need to do for the best outcome with the hand you’ve been dealt. It sounds like that’s what he has done.

Unless there is something more here, this is not a story to be outraged over. Try again.
Yeah, since that was so long ago. In the past, a Democrat guy ran for my state rep, and it was exposed as a teen he got arrested for public intoxication and resisting arrest. He got elected but barely. He had a good after story. He cleaned up his act and became an attorney.

I'd be more concerned if a candidate in the past as an adult had to declare corporate bankruptcy. We let Trump in as president who did that more than once, and he was such a disaster as president that he couldn't win reelection.

Old 05-22-2021, 01:57 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,524,639 times
Laughable faux outrage from the left. Dems would have forgiven him if he paid to abort the son.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies