Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2021, 07:55 AM

45,631 posts, read 27,250,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Nope. I still don't trust you. Post a simple link that I recognize and I'll check it out. Anyway I assume you're trying to claim that since a Chinese paper pays for advertising in the Wall Street Journal then it must be a propaganda arm of the Chinese Communist Party and therefore can't possibly be a respectable conservative leaning publication, or some such QAnon nonsense. Am I right?
So let me get this straight.

I post the raw source material of a claim that proves what I claim, and you won't look at it - even if it's on a government website because you don't trust ME. That's your problem, not mine.

With regards to my claim - the WSJ gets millions from the China CCP. While they may not influence the majority of what they publish, they can influence how the WSJ writes about China.

Do I really need to spell this out to you?

You likely claim this type of collusion from right wing sources regularly. Now you want to act in ignorance in this case. Give me a break...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2021, 08:08 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,221,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumerian_Summer View Post
Creating the most successful nation on Earth that has uplifted the most people out of poverty, and fed more people than any other human civilization in history, and invented electricity, the automobile, trains, planes, modern medicine, antibiotics, vaccines, etc. -- ended slavery, helped to end Soviet Communism, helped to end Nazism, helped to end Imperial Japanese expansionism.
Rofl, that list.

The United States only exists because it genocided the natives, acquired a massive territory which had better land and resources than any other country on Earth, copied the British commercial and banking system almost exactly, while holding blacks in slavery for decades longer than almost every other country, including France and Britain, while calling itself a "democratic country" based on "freedom and liberty".

The United States did not invent the automobile, or the train, or antibiotics, or vaccines. The airplane and electricity are debatable.

The United States stopped Japanese expansionism with its own expansionism. We installed dozens of dictators, funded and armed terrorists, started civil wars, and bombed or invaded dozens of countries.

China has uplifted more people out of poverty than America ever will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumerian_Summer View Post
America has created more wealth
What is wealth? Do you mean that paper the Federal Reserve prints off to drive Wall Street speculation? Quantitative-easing causing stock prices to go up even while GDP collapses. A bunch of crypto ponzi-schemes creating billionaires overnight.

So much wealth, rofl.

Old 06-02-2021, 08:14 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,109,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
So let me get this straight.

I post the raw source material of a claim that proves what I claim, and you won't look at it - even if it's on a government website because you don't trust ME. That's your problem, not mine.

With regards to my claim - the WSJ gets millions from the China CCP. While they may not influence the majority of what they publish, they can influence how the WSJ writes about China.

Do I really need to spell this out to you?

You likely claim this type of collusion from right wing sources regularly. Now you want to act in ignorance in this case. Give me a break...
So just for the sake of argument, even if Chinese money influences WSJ reporting on China what does that have to do with WSJ reporting on the Greenwood massacre?

Old 06-02-2021, 08:15 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,596,109 times
Quote:
And you know this because you saw it with your own eyes 100 years ago? So you must be what? About a hundred and twenty?
You may choose to be obtuse if you wish, but the fact is now and the fact was then that women are very reluctant to come forward as victims of rape.

You need to slap yourself a couple of more times.

Old 06-02-2021, 08:18 AM

5,992 posts, read 2,245,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
There is so much ignorance in this thread it is appalling. It is amazing how the media can whip people into a hysteria with 100 year-old unconfirmed, unproven rumors.

Official death count was 37. About a third of them white. The first several men to be killed were all white.
Ok had to cut it off right there, why start your entire post with silly lie. Just check the news papers from that time if you need clarification:

Old 06-02-2021, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
You don't get out much, do you? 100 years ago, to be a rape victim was like wearing the scarlet letter of shame. And it really hasn't changed that much.
Number one--there was no rape.

Number two--there wasn't even much evidence that any kind of assault had occurred at all.

The Tulsa Tribune, a white-owned newspaper in the city, immediately ran with the idea that a Black man had tried to assault a white girl inside an elevator, even though there was little evidence this had occurred, according to Ellsworth.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/...check-n1269045

Old 06-02-2021, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
You may choose to be obtuse if you wish, but the fact is now and the fact was then that women are very reluctant to come forward as victims of rape.

You need to slap yourself a couple of more times.
Check out my link in post 163.

Old 06-02-2021, 08:28 AM

45,631 posts, read 27,250,610 times
Quote:
So just for the sake of argument, even if Chinese money influences WSJ reporting on China what does that have to do with WSJ reporting on the Greenwood massacre?
Continued division in the country.

They are seeking to defeat us - in this case through continued division.

Now the WSJ could have done this on their own - with which China is content to just let it happen.

Old 06-02-2021, 08:37 AM

1,301 posts, read 667,203 times
Quote:
The United States only exists because it genocided the natives
The natives weren't genocided, there are millions still alive today, and some of them have their own tribal reservations with millions of acres of land. There was no genocide -- even small scale massacres or battles between settlers and natives doesn't amount to a genocide.

The tens of millions who unintentionally were killed from diseases that were brought over doesn't meet the criteria for genocide, since genocide has to be intentional.

Also, the Europeans/Africans who came over added more diversity to the Americas, and diversity is our greatest strength!

Quote:
acquired a massive territory which had better land and resources than any other country on Earth,
And much of that land lay empty because disease epidemics in the 1700s and early 1800s had wiped out tens of millions of the natives.

Quote:
copied the British commercial and banking system almost exactly,
Good thing they did.

Quote:
while holding blacks in slavery for decades longer than almost every other country, including France and Britain, while calling itself a "democratic country" based on "freedom and liberty".
Africa still has some catching up to do, since slavery is still present in some parts of that continent.

Also, "Freedom and liberty" was originally meant for white men, which is who America was founded by. Originally white, land-owning men were the only ones who were allowed to vote. At that time, blacks were not considered to be fully conscious, thinking human-beings -- they were equated with animals, which is why they were not given the same freedoms at the time.

Quote:
The United States did not invent the automobile, or the train, or antibiotics, or vaccines. The airplane and electricity are debatable.
The mass produced automobile was created by Henry Ford -- he gave birth to the auto industry.
Trains were invented in Britain, my mistake. The small pox and polio vaccines, which reportedly saved hundreds of millions of lives were invented in the U.S.

Penicillin was invented in the U.S., the most important antibiotic ever made.

The airplane was invented in the U.S., as was harnessing electricity for personal and industrial use (alternating current was invented by Tesla)

Quote:
China has uplifted more people out of poverty than America ever will.
That's a laugh!
Tell me about the 1 million Uighurs being held in China's "re-education camps".

Quote:
What is wealth? Do you mean that paper the Federal Reserve prints off to drive Wall Street speculation? Quantitative-easing causing stock prices to go up even while GDP collapses. A bunch of crypto ponzi-schemes creating billionaires overnight.

So much wealth, rofl.
Look at any grocery store in America, they're stocked to the brim with every type of food/beverage imaginable. Compare that to grocery stores in Cuba or Venezuela that are mostly empty.

Any American can order practically any item they want from online and have it delivered to their door in less than 3 days (amazon prime). Not even royalty from 100 years had that kind of privilege.

The problem here is that we have children and young adults raised in a modern environment who have absolutely no clue what life was like 100 years ago, much less 30 years ago. They're totally oblivious to the wealth & riches that surround them.

Wealth isn't about money, it's about access to resources.
Americans have more access to more resources than any other people that have ever existed.
We're spoiled beyond belief.

Even a poor American today has access to more resources than Napoleon or the King of England did 200 years ago.

Old 06-02-2021, 08:38 AM

4,716 posts, read 8,584,793 times
To people who say "It was 100 years ago", does the story of your great grandparents really not have any bearing on where you are today? One of the only reasons I made rent my last couple years of college is because of support from wealth my great-granddad started building in the 1920s. Mine is not an uncommon story. Generational wealth is a big contributor to prosperity. The generational wealth of Black communities has been destroyed or inhibited by law for most of American history. Even if perfect equality were magically achieved with the Civil Rights Movement, that's still only a couple generations of wealth building at most.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies