Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2021, 08:44 PM

4,472 posts, read 3,825,728 times

Advertisements

Looking back, how STUPID was the reaction to George Floyd? Seriously everything about it was stupid. From the riots/protests, to the black squares, to the virtue signaling, anti-cop narrative, the "woke culture" blowing up, and even Trump holding up a bible for a photo op. Everything about it was stupid. The whole thing.

Nothing good came out of it. These are the "accomplishments" over the last year (and I use the term "accomplishments" very loosely):

- A syrup bottle (Aunt Jemima) getting "cancelled"
- Statues being torn down and vandalized
- "Lady Antebellum" and "The Dixie Chicks" get woke and rename themselves "Lady A" and "The Chicks."
- Police budget slashed in multiple cities resulting in the explosion of crime.
- Seattle having one of its neighborhoods turned into an "autonomous zone" and running out the Police Department.
- Portland having riots and fires on a regular basis.
- The name "Master Bedroom" and "Master Bathroom" banned by some real estate offices.
- Anti-Police narrative from the left

Also, remember those articles encouraging us to go out of our way to give money to black owned businesses? LOL. I will spend my money regardless of race, if I like the business, I will go to it. Color makes no difference to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2021, 09:08 PM

Oh...and the hypocrisy of lockdowners saying “look at these idiots not social distancing and having a bbq gathering, don’t they know there’s a pandemic?” To supporting the protests/riots “Oh, it’s fine to not social distance when it’s about racial justice!”

Old 06-01-2021, 09:35 PM

305 posts, read 213,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Looking back, how STUPID was the reaction to George Floyd? Seriously everything about it was stupid. From the riots/protests, to the black squares, to the virtue signaling, anti-cop narrative, the "woke culture" blowing up, and even Trump holding up a bible for a photo op. Everything about it was stupid. The whole thing.

Nothing good came out of it. These are the "accomplishments" over the last year (and I use the term "accomplishments" very loosely):

- "Lady Antebellum" and "The Dixie Chicks" get woke and rename themselves "Lady A" and "The Chicks."
- Seattle having one of its neighborhoods turned into an "autonomous zone" and running out the Police Department.
- The name "Master Bedroom" and "Master Bathroom" banned by some real estate offices.

Also, remember those articles encouraging us to go out of our way to give money to black owned businesses? LOL. I will spend my money regardless of race, if I like the business, I will go to it. Color makes no difference to me.
It’s mental illness. The American mind has been infected with a parasite. Everything you’ve listed are symptoms of a growing cancer. No healthy society elects a head of state who grants interviews to Cardi B and exalts George Floyd.

I recommend that people check out James Lindsay’s New Discourses website. James is brilliant and has devoted his life to trying to understand how stupid and harmful the Left have become.

Old 06-01-2021, 09:35 PM

795 posts, read 407,921 times
Let’s not forget the disclaimers added before classic films such as Gone With the Wind, Peter Pan, Dumbo, and several others to appease the BLM terrorists and their worthless demands.

The virtue signaling of Piglosi and the rest of the dumbs kneeling in the halls of Congress to celebrate the death of a worthless drug addled criminal who got his just desserts.

Old 06-01-2021, 09:44 PM

1,927 posts, read 1,901,429 times
And all the new films and TV shows featuring black knights, and noblemen, and princes in European period pieces. As if Europe was always multiracial.

Old 06-01-2021, 09:47 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Looking back, how STUPID was the reaction to George Floyd?

<snip>
Stupid?? Are you kidding?

The Marxists at BLM Inc cashed in big time.

Why wouldn't they do it again?

Old 06-01-2021, 10:29 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,233,267 times
Quote:

I disagree, it accomplished one major task - the election of Biden.

I called it last summer, those kids who protested in the summer are going to come out in droves to vote... and they are surely not voting for Trump. The protest was like the pre-season for the 2020 election - they bonded, they organized, they rallied each other to vote on election.

I firmly believe Biden wouldn't have won without 1) Trump mishandling the pandemic and 2) the summer protest that mobilized a generation of voters who otherwise wouldn't have voted.

Old 06-01-2021, 10:34 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post

I called it last summer, those kids who protested in the summer are going to come out in droves to vote... and they are surely not voting for Trump. The protest was like the pre-season for the 2020 election - they bonded, they organized, they rallied each other to vote on election.

I firmly believe Biden wouldn't have won without 1) Trump mishandling the pandemic and 2) the summer protest that mobilized a generation of voters who otherwise wouldn't have voted.

They’re entitled free stuff folks so they’re certainly going to vote for Sleepy Joe. Plus they can continue to loot, steal, cause violence, etc..., especially when the police get defunded

Old 06-01-2021, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post

Lol they actually thought Biden would somehow make racism better? Can you say delusional?

Old 06-01-2021, 11:01 PM

8,235 posts, read 3,492,716 times
Quote:

And lost the Washington Redskins forever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies